UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found wave 4 today at my local TRU. Then come home to see that my "backordered" order from TRU has now shipped. Oh, TRU, how do you keep finding new ways to annoy me?

On the plus side, with all the reports of people missing pieces with their Minimates, I'm happy to report that one of my Ghostbuster packs came with extra parts! My Ray came with an extra black foot. The foot was warped and a little shorter than a typical foot, but hey - free part!

All my wave 4 minimates have shipped from Toys R Us, and it looks like you, too, can order them again if you missed the boat the first time:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4052483 Mayor

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4052481 Ray

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4052482 Venkman

Janosz doesn't have a link within my order, but maybe soon...

WoW that was quick im so glad i got a order in before they dissapeared now my fingers are crossed that nothing gets cancelled on it on wave three half my stuff i orderd was cancelled the next day,when i order fro T.R.us its always a 50 - 50 shot.

Slight tangent/return to an old topic, but after seeing this - http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic....946&start=0 , I really wish DST would look at getting the RGB licence. I'm a big fan of variants (i.e. all the Spidey costumes that AREN'T classic) and think the RGB versions of the four plus Citizen Ghost versions would be awesome in minimate form.

Well, even with the limit Lady Liberty and the Mayor packs sold out already. Between this and the Hulkbuster/Lockjaw Marvel wave I wish DST could start even packing TRU product soon.

That's always bugged me. Even with the short-packed variants, the comic shop release tried to balance the sets as best they could (and the god cases make that even easier). But they're short-packing the exclusives, which are the only ones people seem to be hunting for, since we can get the non-exclusives from the comic shops or from the online retailers that we preordered them from months ago. So, you end up with more sets sitting on shelves than necessary, which results in slowdown of getting the next case on a shelf, which in turn suggests lower sales. If they made the case distribution even, or better yet have the exclusives dominate the cases, then they'd probably get it off the shelves faster since there would be fewer redundant sets clogging up the system.

But that makes sense to me, so that probably wouldn't work from a retailer perspective.

I was discussing the ridiculous logic of the short-packed 'exclusives' off-forum yesterday....it's nuts. People who have no access to TRU will only concentrate on hunting the exclusive sets on the secondary market (ebay) & will probably ignore the non-exclusive sets & thus perpetuate the vicious circle because the scalpers will also leave these on the shelves when they've twigged what's going on. It's a pity that DST doesn't even seem to acknowledge & promote the fact that a lot of the TRU non-exclusives are different (sometimes) which would encourage the 'nutty completists' to buy them. Crazy.

Screwy TRU.com shipping anecdote time. I put my pre-order for three sets of this latest wave when they first went up on the site back in May. Like many others, the Mayor/Subway Ghost packs shipped last Thursday. When I checked my account today I found the rest of my order shipped on Friday...

...all in separate packages. They each have different tracking numbers. Each one! They're not shipping the three Ray/Theater Ghosts together, all three have their own tracking number. One day soon I'll have nine padded envelopes waiting for me with Ghostbusters of varying degrees of crushination.

It shall be a glorious day. (For certain, limited values of glorious.)