UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

So today's random Ghostbuster thought - if Diamond does start making Real Ghostbusters Minimates, do you think they'll be able to make a cartoon-style Ecto-1 (and sidestep the problems that kept them from making a movie version)?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So today's random Ghostbuster thought - if Diamond does start making Real Ghostbusters Minimates, do you think they'll be able to make a cartoon-style Ecto-1 (and sidestep the problems that kept them from making a movie version)?

I imagine they'd have to negotiate for the rights to the cartoon, so that might come up in the discussion.

It was my impression that all that stuff was on hold pending the success of the initial Minimate line. Seeing as its been said that it outperformed the Marvel flagship, I'd be inclined to think it a successful line, so maybe Sony will open the doors a bit more.

I had toys from the Filmmation one. I knew it wasn't associated with the movie, but still dug the cartoon as a kid, as brief as its existence was. Liked it more than Gobots.

So long as they don't get the rights to do that other Ghostbusters cartoon (Filmation?), I suppose I can handle the Real Ghostbusters as Minimates. In case you've forgotten how bad Scooby Doo, Donkey Kong and Ghostbusters having a child was,

As bad as the cartoon was (and made me MAD AS HELL as a Child to see "Ghostbuster" in the TV and find out I woke up to watch THAT.) I honestly wouldn't mind minimates of the two dudes and the gorilla if the rights were cheap and available.

We've gotten so many versions of the REAL Ghostbusters (hopefully someday soon we'll get several versions of "the real Ghostbusters") it'd be sorta fun to have their crappy knock-offs (who actually pre-date them) along side them...

Like the sight-gag in that one Simpson's Halloween episode were it pans over a field of Homer clones and Peter Griffins standing there... you'd be looking at your shelf and be like... GB1, GB1 Gooey, GB2 blue with Slimeblower Ray and Winston, GB2 tan with Luis, Courtroom, Ready to Believe You, RGB, RGB Citizen Ghost Human, RGB Citizen Ghost Clear Green, Two random dudes and a Gorilla, Random Variants like Lab, Slimed and World of Psychic... WAIT?!?! Two guys and a Gorilla?!?!

I'm just rambling but, it would be pretty neat.

Got my AFX exclusive set, today. The colors on these sometimes strike me as wrong - in the movies they look this bluish grey sometimes, and sometimes they look tan... I guess it's the lights. Anyhoo - here's them out of the box, and out of their outfits - Ray just had a gray blank. Also, I think the addition of the gauntlets may have something to do with physics - as in, it's a lot easier for the boys to balance with the heavier pieces in front. Now all we need is a couple more civvies sets, maybe the Yellow jumpsuits with slime and long underneath, GB1 Janine, normal Tully, Hardemeyer, Judge Wexler, and we can practically make our own movie... I'm impressed with how deep this series has gotten.

post-3040-1280289794_thumb.jpg

post-3040-1280289804_thumb.jpg

how fast did AFX ship these?i just ordered them,and are they really worth it?

I pre-ordered mine a while ago, I got the shipping notice yesterday, and today they arrived. As for their being worth it: I dig the madness of the specificity of minimates. I only collect minimates of real people - I've been buying these since the beginning, and I stopped with the marvel ones around wave 4 because I knew that was a black hole and lo and behold wave 37(!) is going to come out soon. So, to me, getting a new face, and a new uniform of the Ghostbusters is totally worth it because it's totally crazy that these toys exist at all.

I still want more Star Trek toys, and I wish Platoon toys completed the whole Platoon right down to Oliver Stone's cameo. I'm sad that the Godfather and Beverly Hills cop toys never came out, and oh man would Rain Man have been awesome. The more crazy variants we get of the ghostbusters based on things that actually happened in the movies the better. I for one don't care at all about The Real Ghostbusters (although I owned the toys as a kid and watched the show), and I didn't buy the set based on the videogame. This set is worth it for me, no hesitation.

If anyone needs Wave 3 or 4 pm me. I have a extra full sets that I'll sell at cost + paypal fees.

Got my AFX exclusive set, today. The colors on these sometimes strike me as wrong - in the movies they look this bluish grey sometimes, and sometimes they look tan... I guess it's the lights. Anyhoo - here's them out of the box, and out of their outfits - Ray just had a gray blank. Also, I think the addition of the gauntlets may have something to do with physics - as in, it's a lot easier for the boys to balance with the heavier pieces in front. Now all we need is a couple more civvies sets, maybe the Yellow jumpsuits with slime and long underneath, GB1 Janine, normal Tully, Hardemeyer, Judge Wexler, and we can practically make our own movie... I'm impressed with how deep this series has gotten.

about the uniform colors. in gb2 i only recall the ghostbusters wearing their grey uniforms for like one or two scenes in the middle of the movie. the rest of the time, they're in the standard tan. is that correct?

the slime blowers with gray uniforms only match the poster, and nothing that occurred in the movie.

thanks for the pics... i've been meaning to order a set.

about the uniform colors. in gb2 i only recall the ghostbusters wearing their grey uniforms for like one or two scenes in the middle of the movie. the rest of the time, they're in the standard tan. is that correct?

the slime blowers with gray uniforms only match the poster, and nothing that occurred in the movie.

thanks for the pics... i've been meaning to order a set.

you would be correct, they only wore the charcoal gray uniforms for the promo material, and during the montage in the middle.

the rest of the time they had the standard tan-gray uniforms

I fianlly picked these up today. Ray is my favorite. Oh i also snagged an extra mayor\ statue pack if anyone needs it, send me a PM. :)

Edit- the extra pack has been claimed.

Edited by link 46

Quick question - has anyone else noticed that the Ray and Peter minimates from TRU wave 4 have the same face as the SDCC GB2 boxset Peter and Ray? Makes me wonder if we'll get Wave 5 with Dark Grey Slime Blower Winston and Dark Gray Egon...

Quick question - has anyone else noticed that the Ray and Peter minimates from TRU wave 4 have the same face as the SDCC GB2 boxset Peter and Ray? Makes me wonder if we'll get Wave 5 with Dark Grey Slime Blower Winston and Dark Gray Egon...

I had noticed this as well...which is kinda too bad as AA&DST were doing well at not repeating the exact same facial expressions...

c'est la vie...

though we do all ready have a dark uniform Egon, all we really need is dark uniform Winston with Slime Thrower

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/08/best...vade-toys-r-us/

'best of' wave 2 - nice to be able to find a Peter and energized terror dog, nice to see some more ghosts to be easier to find

Jeff of the Miniacs

I'm a little disappointed, I already have these...

Well, it's a "best of", basically for the hard to find mates that sold really quickly the 1st time around i'd wager.

though we do all ready have a dark uniform Egon, all we really need is dark uniform Winston with Slime Thrower

True, but we already have dark uniform Peter (granted he was an exclusive and therefore hard to come by). I wouldn't mind so much though as I like the dark uniform and I'm a completist. TBH I'd rather have two slightly different sets of the dark grey uniforms than "one and a half". I'm happy to have two complete sets of light uniform and dark uniform in my collection, even if the differences are minor.

Edited by pawcanada

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/08/best...vade-toys-r-us/

'best of' wave 2 - nice to be able to find a Peter and energized terror dog, nice to see some more ghosts to be easier to find

Jeff of the Miniacs

I'm glad to see this wave for a few reasons.

1) It's good to know that people will get another shot at a couple very hard to come by sets. Gooey Ray and Stay Puft especially.

2) I'm glad to have another shot at a second Energized Terror Dog. They seemed to have dried up the first time around just before I decided I wanted another. Plus, another Venkman will be good to have for the marshmallow hairpiece.

3) Could this be a "testing of the waters" of sorts for a wave 5? This doesn't really seem like a good way to end the line unless it's just a money grab, which doesn't seem very likely.

I'm flabbergasted !!!

If someone had just posted that Marvel TRU Wave 9 included 'Warpath/Angel','Moonstone/Bullseye','Gauntlet Tony/Stealth IM' & 'Hulkbuster/Gamma' this site would have crashed .

DST/TRU are re-releasing all four of the four rarest GB sets in one fell swoop & barely a dickybird . :rolleyes:

Imagine how this guy will feel when he finds out ? http://cgi.ebay.com/Ghostbusters-Minimates...DefaultDomain_0

Edited by buttheadsmate