UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #25

TBT!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toyrocket charged me on friday, but I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. I paid 11.95 for express shipping, which I think they will send my order priority mail. I don't know if they have even shipped it yet or not, but I hope my order shows up soon.

I got mine in today, and it shipped on thursday, i think, but then again the company is in California and I live in California, also they don't send a shipping notice, I least I never got one...

I finally hear back this from Toyrocket:

Hello Matt, The A.I.M Agent and Classic Iron Man is in stock. The remaining items are out of stock, as the order has not shipped you may respond to this email with the SKU#’s of what you which to add. Thank you

So the stuff that I've had pre-ordered since April is already out of stock? I thought the point of pre-ordering was so that I'd be able to get it. This sucks!

Still can't find any places online where I can get the whole set right now, including the variant. If anybody has any leads on the regular and/or variant sets, please let me know. I've been really looking forward to getting these Silver Age lookin' guys in my collection and now I'm at a loss for what to do.

Edited by Mystery Man

Talked to a guy on the phone today from Toyrocket. They'll have 'em in again in 2 to 3 weeks, so I'll just have to wait. Meanwhile, I caved and bought a classic Iron Man on ebay just to sate my desire. Still really sucks that I had it preordered and it sold out first. I'm thinkin' next time I'll go with BBTS again.

I'm thinkin' next time I'll go with BBTS again.

FYI, I'm still waiting on my BBTS pre-order, and they have weird stuff like the Back to the Future box set 2 that are still available for "pre-order" from their website. . .

I'm still waiting on my order from BBTS too.

Quick question for all of you:

How reputable is BBTS? That is to say, should I consider canceling my order and finding these mates 'in the wild'?

I only ask because I went through a similar thing last year when I ordered something from AFX and still didn't get anything after 8 months of waiting. Then, by the time I did cancel my order, I couldn't find what I wanted at any retail stores. I would really rather that not happen again.

Thoughts?

We are currently in a situation where there isn't a single Minimate retailer who is reliable. I'm not blowing smoke out of my ass ....it's a fact. This wave for some reason known only to the retailers themselves is a catastrophe. BBTS has zilch.AFX has zilch.Stuckakid has zilch.CSC has pre-orders but no definitive idea when they'll sell anything......& I doubt they will!

A pre-order means NOTHING lately ! :down:

I've ordered from BBTS before and it was fine. This time they were sold out on the pre-orders back in April so I went ahead and went to Toyrocket since somebody on here recommended them. But hearing that it's been a catastrophe for everybody else makes me wonder just what the heck is up with this series.

I called a comic shop in Memphis that I go to when I'm over there (an hour away) and they'll be holding a set of each of 'em for me to pick up tomorrow. I didn't think they'd have 'em and found out at the last minute that they would be. First a guy on the phone last week said they weren't getting them... now today they said they're lookin' at 'em in hand.

I hope everybody else can get some kind of luck with picking these up. I don't know why this series has been such a beast to get ahold of.

Yeah I don't think it's the online retailers being unreliable, since people are reporting plenty of no-shows/"half-shows" at the LCS level too. I just think for some reason DST hasn't shipped out the full order of this wave yet. Maybe it doesn't all arrive on one boat, and the second is late? I have no idea.

BBTS generally seem careful to only preorder what they are getting in (at least on the initial preorder -- they do seem to put stuff back up for preorder if they think they'll get more in, like with the BTTF 2 box, and that does seem a bit dodgy to me; but with initial preorders I've never had a problem).

Hmmm, my Bolt Face came with THREE shoulder rings. Now, there's already a collar and I know two of them go to his shoulders, where does the third one go? :ohmy:

maybe he is working on his watch and it is a clock ring... :blink:

Edited by murderofcrows

I called a comic shop in Memphis that I go to when I'm over there (an hour away) and they'll be holding a set of each of 'em for me to pick up tomorrow. I didn't think they'd have 'em and found out at the last minute that they would be. First a guy on the phone last week said they weren't getting them... now today they said they're lookin' at 'em in hand.

Which shop? (Don't worry, I'm not going to snipe your swag) I haven't noticed the local shops carrying many newer minimate releases, but then again, I don't make it into the lcs very often these days. God bless online ordering and trade paperbacks.

I've been ordering from BBTS for years now and have never really had any problems with them. (Well, except for my Kat/Cylon STILL being on preorder.) There seems to be a wider distribution issue, so I'm not too worried that my preorder won't get filled.

Wave 25 showed up at my local comic store today, though someone beat me to the variant.

Yep, same here. They plan to reorder though and will keep me in mind for the variant when they come in.

These are really cool. I was on the fence about this wave, but I really like the Red Hulk and Barbarian Hulk. I am a DC fan, so I have no idea who Barbarian Hulk is, but he sure has some cool gear. I could see a potential Warlord custom using that loincloth piece.

Also, I like that the Captain America set has a suit piece. Probably reuse from Iron Man movie Tony Stark, but still neat to have.

I'm so glad I checked this thread. This was my first pre-order experience and I ordered three sets through Toyrocket. I've been wondering why they haven't shipped and now I know why. Well, kind of. If you add these waves to what happened on FCBD, it sure makes a certain company look really bad.