UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"Secret" LE MiniMate SPOILER Thread

Cappy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who was involved in this! I got a woman!

post-1827-1229728998_thumb.jpg

There is definitely something about your posts Sam that turn lightbulbs on in my head. I've been looking & not seeing.

Although produced by LE this is the MMMV's first official exclusive Minimate.

I would have thought the Bombman mate would have took that honour but I'll quite happily stand corrected

There is definitely something about your posts Sam that turn lightbulbs on in my head. I've been looking & not seeing.

I would have thought the Bombman mate would have took that honour but I'll quite happily stand corrected

The Bomber mate was from the AA forums, not as clumsy or random as a skrull, an elegant minimate for a more civilised age ;)

I'm not sure either really qualify as official as both sets are in theory customs.

T.

Spectacular stuff LE! And nice 'mates everyone! Didn't I say it was gonna be a holiday skrull? Lottery, here I come! ;)

I wonder how hard LE worked on the character selection on these... so far we've seen Marvel, DC and even BSG skrulls! I wonder if I'll finally get a Morrigan this way... :biggrin:

The Bomber mate was from the AA forums, not as clumsy or random as a skrull, an elegant minimate for a more civilised age ;)

I'm not sure either really qualify as official as both sets are in theory customs.

T.

The Bomber mate was from the AA forums ,an elegant minimate for a more civilized age & one that I covet. Despite my

constant hints that I would dearly love one unique to me & not S/H procured from ebay the chances seem to get slimmer , daily * If Bomber mate was a custom & these Skrull 'Mates are customs then surely 'Elf Spock' (in particular) & other Promos are customs? I'm always happy to learn but surely 'Elf' Spock (for one example) just has a Santa/Elf hat on the otherwise standard stock figure? It may seem that I am being argumentative for the sake of it ,au contraire, I merely want to stake my claim in the history of the MMMV & give credit where credit is due to all involved. Neither Bomber mate or LE Secret (sounds very French unfortunately) are Official DST/AA Minimates whilst of course the Elf (etc) is but they'll both be considered very special & are both, in my humble opinion, priceless.

* A joke :yes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

i may be a little slow on the up take but whats going on? why are is everyone getting a santa skrull? was this something we had to sign up for? im sorry to seem like an idiot, but im just a little curious.

Skull buster, this all started when Shane started up this thread right here on December 2. The premise was that everyone who posted to that thread, within a certain amount of time, would be entered into a drawing for a free Minimate of some kind. Many of us did, and then groundhog7 started up this thread right here, so that we could all discuss this unexpected and exciting contest. Over time, it became clear that everyone who entered would be getting a prize, and there was much rejoicing. This thread, that you're reading right now, was started because some people hadn't received their prize yet, and didn't want to be spoiled as to what the prizes were in the 'discussion' thread - count me among that bunch, as yesterday I was thrilled to open up my Santa Skrull Batman! DC Wave 7, to be exact. I'll post a pic shortly.

Since several people have asked what's going on here, maybe it's worthwhile to highlight the "View New Posts" link, in the upper right corner, to the right of "My Controls". "View New Posts" is, without a doubt, the most useful feature on this message board! Without it, I would not have known about the original contest thread, as I wouldn't have had a reason to go into the Contest area of the forum. Furthermore, "View New Posts" lets me see where all the latest discussions are happening and quickly shows me the threads for the latest discoveries - like T2 mates, or Marvel Heroes and Villains. In conclusion, if you don't use "View New Posts", you are worse than Hitler.

EDIT: and here's the pic!

n670189988_1824753_3564.jpg

Edited by JadOnTV

got mine today, yaaay! it is a movie iron man skrull santa. thanks guys, it was a sweet surprise I definitely needed, me life is a bit complicated these days :( .....one of you guys knows of my most recent dilema.

movie iron must look pretty sweet! I hope things are getting smoother since the last time we chatted man :) I know the last time I cleaned out the van I was extra careful ;) hope you guys have a merry christmas!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

You opened it. :ohmy:

I debated opening mine for a while, and putting her in my little Christmas tree (along with my Elf Spock and Santa Spidey). Typically, I rip open packages and bags without a second thought anyway, but with this figure, it is so cool how we got the little custom bags. . .I can't bring myself to opening it up :D

Edited by karamazov80

Skull buster, this all started when Shane started up this thread right here on December 2. The premise was that everyone who posted to that thread, within a certain amount of time, would be entered into a drawing for a free Minimate of some kind. Many of us did, and then groundhog7 started up this thread right here, so that we could all discuss this unexpected and exciting contest. Over time, it became clear that everyone who entered would be getting a prize, and there was much rejoicing. This thread, that you're reading right now, was started because some people hadn't received their prize yet, and didn't want to be spoiled as to what the prizes were in the 'discussion' thread - count me among that bunch, as yesterday I was thrilled to open up my Santa Skrull Batman! DC Wave 7, to be exact. I'll post a pic shortly.

ok, thanks jadontv, yeah i never saw that thread.