UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Heroes and Villians Sets

Chronotrigger

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really love that Dr. Doom finally has the trademark holster on his tunic. HOWEVER, I hope they'll fix that $@#% cape!

The new gloves are also really great, as is the pistol. His new face is neat, although I still like the original one.

I hope Magneto comes with a helmet. Otherwise, the original helmets' color and this new one may not match and that always sucks.

Yeah, Kang would have kicked all kinds of ass in this set. He's my #1 wanted villian.

If the Red Skull is a different version from the regular release that'll be great. And an extra hand with the Cosmic Cube would be a brilliant addition from AA.

That Goblin looks great as well. (But where's the glider!? :P)

As for the Heroes set, I don't like the shoulderpadded chest on Hulk because it constricts arm movement. I like the brighter green color of him, though.

Hope Spidey and Cap come with new accessories.

And that Wolverine will be good to make a Forge.

All in all, good job by DST/AA for these. Now let's get that KANG out there!

I'm assuming these are just prototypes and that the final products MAY be tweaked. It's obvious from the pic that Gobby is wearing a hat piece ontop of his head, but I wonder if he'll get an updated slip-over head piece so we can get that sweet Norman Osbourne head we've saw SOOOOOO LOOONG AGOOOOO. Here's hoping.

Like most of you, I imagine I'll pass on the Heroes set. I just don't need that Wolverine variant that badly. Now the Villains set, yeah, I'm all in. Though I really hope Green Goblin includes the pumpkin bomb hand - that is what made the original so good.

Holy Guacamole! More new 'mates! I can't believe I missed this news!

I hope these packs bring in a LOT of new collectors, then maybe we can hope for a nice upsurge of Minimates (especially a wider release...) in the months to come. I personally don't mind the Heroes pack, it's nice that this Cap now also comes with that backpack-thingy for his shield from the Invaders set. And the rendering of Wolverine's head eerily reminds me of the Punisher box set. The Hulk is pretty meh, but at least it's a nice compromise between the movie (chest piece), Avengers (bright green color) and Defenders (non-goofy-looking expression) Hulks. And hey, another Spidey!

As for the Villains pack, if the wave 25 Red Skull looks like that then I'd be pissed. (Hopefully it won't... THIS Red Skull at least looks like the cost-saver for the Villains pack.) I like Magneto's face but I wish they'd at least give him a new-style cape or something. Doom is okay... (I don't have a Doom yet. At least he'll have a weapon now.) And that Green Goblin? Made of WIN. Barring the glider he looks perfectly evil enough. Pouch still looks kinda dorky though.

What's with all the heroes hate? That set is good. You're just complaining because yall have them all already, yet these aren't aimed at you. They're aimed at new people who haven't been in it since day 1.

I smell TRU four packs. That means possible (yet hopefully not) eventual closeout.

Wow... this was unexpected, been getting a lot of that lately... I like it :D The only one I'm interested in from the Heroes set is Wolvie, hope his face gets fixed. I agree that this set is perfect for new collectors, great marketing plan. The Villans set looks awesome though. I definitly like the Doom, but nothing can top Lukes custom IMO. GG is sweet, I've been wondering when DST would finally release this version. I like Red Skull, he look crazy!!!! And the new Magneto is a nice update. Looking forward to these :)

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

I think this Spidey has the potential to be the best, or second best, Spidey yet--as with the minor part swap that I took a pic of in the TRU thread, it looks like a variation on the wave 2 Spidey face (not huge like the slip-mask on the TRU version), but with the slightly more detailed body than we see with the wave 2 version. Loving Spidey and Cap as I do, that set is a must own for me. I hope the Hulk face with change a bit, though (I suspect it will), and I never cared for the Jim Lee Wolverine, but a number of members have requested that in the past, so. . .maybe that one will move a few sets. It makes for a very obvious army builder body for those who like early 1990s X-Men:

post-1827-1229576803_thumb.jpg

Regarding the villains, the only one who I'm not excited about as a cool update is Mags, but I'll withhold total judgment until we see what kind of helmet he gets, and how his face looks behind it. Surely Doom will get the Specter hood, though!

Edited by karamazov80

oh my gosh more!!! okay so lets see another two sets for my list, i think both sets are incredible i have none of the villans in the set so i got get that set and wolverine is a must have best one i eve seen

Edited by SErge

I'm assuming these are just prototypes and that the final products MAY be tweaked. It's obvious from the pic that Gobby is wearing a hat piece ontop of his head, but I wonder if he'll get an updated slip-over head piece so we can get that sweet Norman Osbourne head we've saw SOOOOOO LOOONG AGOOOOO. Here's hoping.

It looks to me that most of these are test-shots barring Green Goblin, Doom and Spidey. I'm really pleased with the expression on that Hulk, and Red Skull looks suitably maniacal. I'm having both of these sets.

I can't help but notice these packs seem to include a lot of things people have suggested over time...

• Traditional mask for Cap
  • 90's Wolverine
  • Wolverine's normal hands
  • No duck feet on Hulk
  • Updated Doom
  • Updated GG
  • Red Skull that isn't a Nazi

Just saying...

Wow. These look real nice. REAL nice. The heroes one I will pass on though, apart from the Wolverine which looks awesome.

The villains are great. Avoiding the fact that the Doom doesn't look different enough, I will still be getting this set.

I'm totally doing what I did with the Marvel Legend Wolvie of the same body:

DSC03303.jpg

Animated Series Morph!!

Yeah, I know, he needs his jacket...I can't seem to get ahold of an extra Gambit coat (let alone find mine, since you see Remy's not wearing it)... :unsure:

Quick Question: Whose head is that? I'm a big fan of Morph, and would love to make one of those for myself

Back on topic. The villains set is pretty sweet, so I'll definitly be getting one of those, but my only draw to the Heroes set would be the above idea for an animated morph. And for those who think we've gotten too many caps and wolverines, at least it doesn't have an Ironman

Quick Question: Whose head is that? I'm a big fan of Morph, and would love to make one of those for myself

Looks like Hasbro Legends Ronin's extra Clint Barton head, with extra sculpted hair painted black:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MARVEL-LEGENDS-2-PACK-...bayphotohosting

Is this wrong?

Edited by karamazov80