UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

Considering canceling Hawkeye (who is in my Pile of Loot at BBTS) in lieu of Cap. And wish I saved my reward points I used on Joker 2.0 on BD T-800. Such an amazing looking figure, whereas Joker, despite all the cool stuff, is really not feeling essential right now.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like a number of people have Hawkeye as their first figure, which seems odd to me since he seems like a pretty non-essential figure in comparison to some others. Is it because he's the first real member of the Avengers to be produced (not counting the special edition Mark VI)? Not knocking anyone's choice to go with him as their first Hot Toys figure. He looks great, but he's not a total A-list character to begin with (in the comics or movie) and the figure isn't all that interesting looking compared to some others like your Iron Men, Batmen, Predators, and whatnot.

I can't afford them all, which is the biggest reason why I haven't gotten any before now. I'm also not a fan of the scale. I don't have enough room to display all of my Minimates (only have Marvel, Walking Dead & Thundercats out of storage at the moment), I don't need a collection of 12" dolls.

I love bows & arrows, and have always loved the character of Hawkeye because of it. And long before his cameo in Thor, I thought if they brought Hawkeye into the cinematic Marvelverse, that Jeremy Renner would make a perfect Clint Barton.

I was a little bummed that he spent half of Avengers brainwashed, so I'm hoping he gets more screentime as the character he was in the latter half (and the aforementioned cameo) in a future movie.

So, for me, it is entirely less the fact of the style and scale of the figure, and ALL about WHO it is.

If it wasn't Jeremy Renner Hawkeye, I would still be at "zero" for collecting these.

$.02

And, Hawkeye wasn't my first if that was also referring to me. Begins Batman, Bruce Lee (who became Wayne), Harvey (he was the first, $99 from Luke. Best deal ever), Battlesuit Jill, Reeve Superman, and two non-Hot Toys that 'll show off with Hawkeye... :whistling: With Widow on pre-order and Coulson in the pipeline for me, i've amassed a nice little corner of my collection.

No, I was referring to my impression from the Sideshow Freaks forum, where it seemed like several folks were saying that was their first figure, so seeing Tenime say the same thing I thought maybe something was going on. Like you Tenime, I thought Renner would make a terrific Hawkeye, but I was disappointed that they went with the Ultimates approach of an assassin/government agent type instead of the more authority challenging wise-ass from the comics. In fact, that's one reason this figure isn't a must-own for me.

I was thinking of buying one or two 1/6 figures for christmas but i don't know which.I was gonna buy boba and cap but i'm leaning towards widow since we don't know if she will be re released while cap will get a new costume in tws.Any ideas?

Well I think Widow's pretty much been guaranteed as not coming out before Christmas, so I'd say go for something else if you actually want it on the day. Cap and Boba both look like great figures. Are you more of a Star Wars fan or more of an Avengers fan?

Personally, I'm getting the Cap figure, but I'm much more of an Avengers fan.

Edited by Glantern

I was thinking of buying one or two 1/6 figures for christmas but i don't know which.I was gonna buy boba and cap but i'm leaning towards widow since we don't know if she will be re released while cap will get a new costume in tws.Any ideas?

Well I think Widow's pretty much been guaranteed as not coming out before Christmas, so I'd say go for something else if you actually want it on the day. Cap and Boba both look like great figures. Are you more of a Star Wars fan or more of an Avengers fan?

Personally, I'm getting the Cap figure, but I'm much more of an Avengers fan.

I'm a fan of anything these days.I'd buy the 11th doc but i like the 10th a little bit more so i'll probably wait till next year.I might buy widow with my money and ask "santa" to bring me boba since we'll get another cap in 2014.

Get Widow. First Widow shot up in price after everyone waited, and this one everyone wants and seems to be her definitive look.

Cap i do not expect to change all that much. Maybe slight differences like Ult. Cap went through, but nothing major. If anything i could see him get a DX release but even that is unlikely. Winter Soldier and Crossbones, on the other hand, i would say are EXTREMELY likely for that movie.

I want to make my avengers team but since thor,cap,tony,loki and maybe hawkeye will be getting new figures in the next years i'll snatch the widow first.Sh;;s both a nice figure and could become valuable in the future.Winter soldier and crossbones are given imo.So is malekith and thanos.We are in need of some badies.

Edited by Kostisfire

I've got a feeling that I'm getting in over my head with stuff right now. DX Luke not long ago, DX Batman and HT Hawkeye just arrived, I just ordered Iminime's Lector and Rainman's Anton (plus another Butcher head with upgraded paint job), then I've got 6 new head sculpts coming in, 5 of them are going to be sent off to be painted. 1/4 scale Enterbay Batman is coming next week, Avengers Cap in the pipeline. . .I've been offloading older stuff like a fiend, but I'm still having a tough time keeping up with all of it! Why can't I collect something cheaper, like diamonds or platinum?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

looks good! I've got the 1st avenger version and don't want to have more than one cap. trying to resist but it's hard...