UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, am glad there isn't a 616 Marvel 1/6 line currently, I have no idea how I would afford that, and something would have to give in my collection.

I'm interested to see how Sideshow handles the DC 1/6 line whenever it finally gets moving, particularly the pricing. I fear these are going to be in the $165 - $200 range, and I would really have a tough time supporting the line. I'm not much of a DC guy, but would consider picking some of these up if they can capture the definitive looks for the characters at a price tag of around $135.

same here K80. I almost pulled the trigger on the snake eyes at gohastings while it's on sale, but I kind of like this look better even though it's movie designed and not closer to the comic/cartoon look

Interested to see the Joe Colton. A 1/6th Bruce Willis can come in handy. Definitely getting the Commander if they make him,i like the Retaliation design so far.

It'd be nice to have an Arkham update at some point though; really pushing for a new Two-face. TDK Harvey is looking really dated next to Begins Bruce.

Well one thing I like about Hot Toys is that you usually know what you're getting with the prototype. Having said that, I don't think these are gonna fly off the shelves, so I see no need to rush. I just picked up the new '85 SSC head for my Snake, and now will probably spend some time updating the older SSC figure I've had with the same look for 3 years or whatever.

Sort of unrelated note (but related because Snake Eyes is eligible), but SSC has a new years sale on right now--$15 off most items I think (minus those with free shipping I would imagine). newyear13 is the code I believe. I ordered a Truetype! This forum has an affiliate link here:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=5274

Edited by karamazov80

Well one thing I like about Hot Toys is that you usually know what you're getting with the prototype. Having said that, I don't think these are gonna fly off the shelves, so I see no need to rush. I just picked up the new '85 SSC head for my Snake, and now will probably spend some time updating the older SSC figure I've had with the same look for 3 years or whatever.

Sort of unrelated note (but related because Snake Eyes is eligible), but SSC has a new years sale on right now--$15 off most items I think (minus those with free shipping I would imagine). newyear13 is the code I believe. I ordered a Truetype! This forum has an affiliate link here:

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=5274

Am i missing the others or is it just the ones for pre-order without head sculpts? I'd still like to grab the TTM 19 to have around.

There are only 3 up for pre-order now, and none have heads. The TTM-19 is not being produced in this new run, and is long sold out nearly everywhere. Unfortunately, you may have to wait another year or so to get one at retail (whenever they re-release it), or buy a figure using one of those bodies. HT seems to do this to build up demand, similar to the way Disney does their DVD releases. I expect the TTM-19, narrow shoulder, and some other body to be released in the next round.

Edited by karamazov80

I picked up a Dutch figure awhile back and he had a broken knee joint (I knew about it before I bought it). The previous owner had the leg taped together but i've contemplated trying to superglue it in a fixed standing spot.

Seems like we already talked about it, so apologies if I'm a broken record, but I would really try buying one of the knock-off Truetypes if that is all you need. You can get one for $20 shipped and I suspect the knee will be compatible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-1-6-Custom-Narrow-Shoulder-Figure-Body-with-Accessories-Toys-with-body-parts-/181056095080?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a27c8c368

Even though it is cheaply made relative to HT, it should do the job. And you can probably offload the remaining parts for $10-15 anyway (heck, I would pay $5 for the feet and ankle pegs).

Edited by karamazov80

Stupid hot toys and their stupid awesome figures(and my stupid lack of restraint). I've held off on the sideshow Snake Eyes figures, but that hot toys one is too cool. I decided to use the $15 off towards him. Fortunately, since they're based on the movie, Snake is the only character I'll be buying.

I'm gonna need to start putting in more hours at work...

I went ahead and ordered the Sideshow Snake Eyes & Timber from GoHastings for $154 shipped. Timber has been selling on eBay for $50 - $80, so I will probably just sell it to help offset the cost.

Funny. I got the head I wanted yesterday, so was considering buying this guy just for Timber then offloading everything else :lol:

Won't though.