UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being an Iron Man completist is gonna be tough with ever increasing prices. I'm skipping on the Mark VII. I think the IV is gonna be hard to beat in my mind as the best movie armor. And the Mark VI gives you great BD options while also being the armor he wore for most of the Avengers film. So, I'm pretty satisfied with the 2 Iron Men I currently own.

there definitley was some stunning figures shown recently, that hulk is awesome.

I'm considering getting the dx 2.0 joker for christmas, which would be my first figure, not sure whether to go through with it or even how easy it would be to get but I think its worth it

My Nick Fury is supposed to be delivered tomorrow! This will be my second HT figure (First being IM2 War Machine). I've got the rest of the Avengers lineup on pre-order so hopefully Hawkeye will be shipping sometime soon.

I got fed up with 3.75 and 6 inch collecting and decided to just collect minimates and 1/6 scale. Minimates give me most of the characters that I want and the HT 1/6 are just pure awesomeness (Price not withstanding).

I even got the Batman itch and pre-ordered Batman, Joker 2.0, and Bane. I'm on the fence about Bane but pre-ordered him since he didn't require a non-refundable deposit like BM or Joker. I'm sure Catwoman will be added to my pre-order list when they announce her.

I am surprised that neither SS nor HT has announced anything 1/6 Hobbit related. If HT does take that license....talk about An Unexpected (And Expensive) Journey! :) With the third film now confirmed, they could pump out all the major characters over 3+ years.

Nice taste in collectibles you have there, Zylek! ;)

SSC actually did produce 1/6 scale figures from Lord of the Rings, and sales weren't all that great apparently, as several key characters never got figures from that line before it was canceled. Hot Toys may have learned a lesson from that, and decided not to produce figures from those films. They would look great if done well of course, but these companies have to find collectibles that will appeal to the most collectors of a given collectible type, and they have to do so with cost in mind. Hobbit characters would likely require new bodies, extensive sculpting, lots of complex accessories, rooted hair, etc. to be done right by certain collectors' standards, and that dramatically increases production costs.

Nice taste in collectibles you have there, Zylek! ;)

SSC actually did produce 1/6 scale figures from Lord of the Rings, and sales weren't all that great apparently, as several key characters never got figures from that line before it was canceled. Hot Toys may have learned a lesson from that, and decided not to produce figures from those films. They would look great if done well of course, but these companies have to find collectibles that will appeal to the most collectors of a given collectible type, and they have to do so with cost in mind. Hobbit characters would likely require new bodies, extensive sculpting, lots of complex accessories, rooted hair, etc. to be done right by certain collectors' standards, and that dramatically increases production costs.

I remember the SS LOTR stuff, I actually had few and ended up selling them when I realized I'd never get the whole Fellowship. SSC made the mistake of making key accessories their exclusives, like for example the Lothlorien capes. The exclusive editions quickly sold out and collectors were left without an integral part of the characters look.

I do see your point on production cost, I remember SS taking a long time to develop the body they used for Frodo and Sam (And it was still way too tall for a hobbit). If anything, I'd love for HT to just do a DX Gandalf the Grey!

No Medicom figure is worth $300 IMO (maybe their 1:1 scale Gizmo). I saw that Spawn for $50 once and passed, though, so I'm probably not the person to ask. I hate Spawn, and everything he represents.

I just don't care for Medicom 1/6th figures much. They have an odd idea of true 1/6th scale and parts seem to get brittle and break. However, I'd LOVE to have any of the A,B, or C Ultraman figures, just not at $300.

I would like to have the Akira characters and the bike, but like Shane, not at that price. I had Kaneda, but sold him because he was just too pricey to keep. Nice enough for what he was, but felt more like a $100 figure, at most, than $200.

Avengers Hulk is up for $299 at Sideshow:

314460_10150984692427344_1879576839_n.jpg

283990_10150984695112344_2111867070_n.jpg

Soft PVC arms that bend at the elbow. No base, and nothing extra except another set of hands. Seems a little bare bones for $299. I have a feeling that HT will release a better Hulk later... but despite all of that, part of me is screaming to order this one. :tongue:

One of the real focuses of my 1/6 collection is Hot Toys Marvel, so I'm probably gonna get this guy. But disappointing he only gets one head. I would like to see a screaming Hulk head as well.

If you look at the high res pics, that is just sculpted detail on the elbows. Supposedly this soft PVC will perform a lot better than rubber.

I was using my phone at the time so I didn't notice that. It seemed like cracked rubber. I'll still pass on him since it's a very bare bones release. Thanks for info though!

Currently i only have the raimi spidey (whose ankle and leg mold have broken) but i'm going to pre order tdkr batman,joker 2.0,luke dx and maybe black widow.I'd buy preorder the new spidey but i'll wait to see if there is a price drop.As for the hulk,i'll reconsider it but i might wait till the new hulk or avengers movie.I'd really like a red hulk though.

I was surprised to see that the Jim Gordon exclusive is on wait-list already. I pre-ordered one, but have decided to scale down my Nolan Batman collection to only the upcoming DX Batman and DX Joker (might keep Batsuit Begins because it is different enough). I'm thinking I might be able to sell the Gordon to fund my Hulk in full. My Iminime Ra's is pobably going to be sold too.

Yeah, one head does suck, but they brought Hulk in at $300! That's cheaper than Jake Sully! I was expecting a $400 price tag, so I'll gladly take fewer display options to keep the price down.

Yes, they are plastic, not rubber, so it may be more durable but I am guessing it will further restrict movement. I would have been fine with either swappable static arms, or even elbow joints showing. I don't need to be fooled into thinking these aren't toys...