UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I think he looks better here than he did in those earlier prototype shots. I think it will be potentially valuable down the road for the head, which is quite good IMO.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it. If you want to give the site a commission, click the link on one of these pages, search for the sku: 901386 then do the archive search, and it appears there.

Thanks for the plug K80. Our meagher commissions pay for upkeep. I'll add the link today if SSC has it available. They take a while sometimes.

The more I see that Joker 2.0, the more my defenses are breaking down. :confused:

Yeah, if I've got one beef with this site, it's that you don't do enough shameless self-promotion :D SSF has threads appear with new affiliate links all the time. I try to buy through this site whenever I order from Sideshow. My wife even has one of these pages bookmarked for whenever she orders from Amazon.

On a related note, have you guys considered getting Alter Ego Comics links? I usually order through them or BBTS if not from SSC directly.

Edited by karamazov80

OK, I'll talk to Marc at Alter Ego and see what I can get.

I appreciate folks using the links. Things seem to have dies down a bit since I moved them to the bottom of the pages where they are not as visible. However, just about every expense this place incurs is covered by commissions from Amazon and SSC (mostly Amazon).

sorry to veer off topic...

New DX Batman:

cuOxJ.jpg

Lrqsz.jpg

Xg1Si.jpg

xNQIL.jpg

KTqeH.jpg

iyMbo.jpg

He certainly looks more poseable than the last one, with the fabric costume instead of the rubber one. I really like the Bale head sculpt, but I'm not crazy about the cowl mouths. He seems a little lighter on accessories than the TDK DX. I might pass on this one. How about you guys?

Has it been confirmed that that is a cloth suit? I think it looks great, and really better than the DX-02 overall to my eyes. Mask seems to be better shaped, shorter neck, good mouths, nice Wayne sculpt. Buy for me. I might off-load the DX-02 once I can compare the two in-hand.

Edited by karamazov80

I don't have a DK figure yet so I may jump on this one. I had tried to get the toyfair version because I like the first suit the best but ebay prices have been through the roof. So has the other DK figures for that matter.

Unrelated I need to decide on whether i'm getting Red Skull or not. I was but with ALL these figures coming out tough decisions lay ahead.

Why are these so expensive?

Widow doesn't even have a spare T-1000 head that I can sell to offset the cost like with Sarah Connor. It's $200 or nothing. And that's just rude.

The price on these certainly has jumped in the last year or so. I'd say that part of that is the every rising cost of production, but I also think that part of it is that Hot toys knows people will pay high prices, and until the market shows them otherwise, the prices will stay pretty high.

I'm kinda bummed about the avengers prices myself. But as you said. It's 200 or nothing. If you shop around, you might be able to find Widow for a bit less(off the top of my head I believe BBTS has her for 175).

What are your thoughts on the Gordon/Iminime issue? Seems kind of shady to promote a product as something that HT has no plans to produce to having HT announce one within the span of a few months.

Granted, the Iminime version is the suit Gordon that I want (I'm not getting Iminime Gordon), but I would be pretty upset if that happens with Ra's too (which I am getting).

I dunno. I don't recall Iminime saying such a thing, so it didn't go into my decision-making calculus regarding Ra's. If he supposedly does have insider information, or acts as if he does, then deceived, then that's lame, but it is very possible this is just a miscommunication of some sort. Maybe he just wanted to make figures that he didn't think HT had any intention of producing. Hydeous said that a source of his told him Gordon would be a Con exclusive months back.