UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

1/6 Scale Action Figures

karamazov80

I canceled my Rescue Cap preorder. In hand photos are not looking as good, and with all of the cool stuff on the horizon, I need to save some money.

I don't understand all the hate for this figure. Yes, he has helmet hair, but I'm pretty sure that after filming these scenes in the movie, Evans did too. There was really no practical way to give the figure acurate hair and make the helmet fit well, and given the choice between the two, I'd much rather the helmet fit properly.

Not aimed at you personally, Luke. In fact, I think it's perfectly fair to say you'd prefer to save the money for other stuff. Hot toys has lots of really cool stuff coming out and the line has to be drawn somewhere. I just don't see why people think it's so bad, especially based on one set of harshly lit images that wouldn't do even the best figure justice.

/rant

Sorry, I'm a bit defensive. Captain America is my favorite pre-Avengers Marvel movie, and this was my favorite part of the film. I've been anxiously waiting for this guy since the first teaser, and I'm extremely exited to get mine. I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm looking forward to it. That's all

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rescue Cap looks great for what it is, but not something I'm willing to spend $220 on. I'm personally much more excited for USO Cap, since that's about as close as we'll likely get from Hot Toys to a comic accurate Cap.

I was not impressed by the pics of the sideshow 1/6 Dc figures. They looked a little low end to me. I will be passing on them. The new Vader on the other hand looked great! What do u guys think of both?

I couldn't tell the difference between the new and old Vaders honestly. From my understanding his helmet looks more accurate, but. . .I'm really perfectly happy with my old A New Hope version. And I think the comic DC figures looked absolutely solid personally, from a design and quality perspective. Of course, whether or not that translates to the production version of those figures is another question entirely. Andy Bergholtz said that the Batman will be getting some head resculpting, which is something I think could definitely be an improvement even though I liked that figure as displayed.

@luke

I can definitely see your point. To me it's worth it for the head and shield, but I can see how that wouldn't be the case for others. I realize my comment probably seemed like a reaction to your own, but it was more in response to all the hate going down on the Freaks board. I think your stand point is a perfectly reasonable one. I do have to agree with both you and karmazov, I feel the figure's a bit expensive.

I think Rescue Cap looks great for what it is, but not something I'm willing to spend $220 on. I'm personally much more excited for USO Cap, since that's about as close as we'll likely get from Hot Toys to a comic accurate Cap.

USO Cap looks great. I'm quite exited for him too. I can't wait to have all three looks from First Avenger on the shelf. I also love the cue cards on the back of his shield. A brilliant touch that could have been easily overlooked.

My love of the Cap movie is two-fold.

a) when I was small, my dad bought me the 60s Cap cartoons on VHS, and I spent many a day gleefully watching them. TFA was like those cartoons(and by extension the Lee/Kirby comics) brought to life, which I loved.

and

b ) My favorite comic movie prior to the "Avengers Initiative" movies was the Rocketeer, which happens to have the same director as Cap.

Switching back to general talk of 1/6 scale, I'll most likely be getting my first detolf pretty soon. With the upcoming Avengers from HT, I've finally accumulated enough that they don't just fit on my book shelf any more. And that's a bit scary...

Edited by Glantern

a) when I was small, my dad bought me the 60s Cap cartoons on VHS, and I spent many a day gleefully watching them. TFA was like those cartoons(and by extension the Lee/Kirby comics) brought to life, which I loved.

I also had an old Cap VHS tape from Lionel's Playworld. It had a few episodes of the semi-animated old comics ("When Captain America Throws His Mighty Shield!") and one episode of the 80s Spider-Man co-starring Cap against Red Skull. I also had a Fantastic Four tape produced in the same series, with HERBIE and the Impossible Man in it. Loved the heck out of both of those.

Yeah. . .rather dull to my eyes to be honest. Least interesting Nolan figure I will have on the shelf probably, but I'll probably get him anyway to help round out the Bat-villains.

I'm not 100% convinced they will actually stock it, but DisneyStore.com has Hot Toys Iron Monger on their site for $479.50.

Right now, they are offering a 25% off discount code (DISNEYPAL) and free shipping on any order over $75 (SHIPTODAY), both of these coupons applied to the order, bringing Iron Monger down to $381.20 after tax.

I placed an order, and got an order confirmation email, with the complete understanding that it will be cancelled, but you never know.

Edited by youbastards

Anyone know Bane's back story in DKR? Don't spoil it, I am going on Saturday.

I know comic Bane's story but not this movie version. I can't understand what the muzzle is for.

I love my SSC ANH Vader. I will also be getting the newer version. My Boba Fett was crap and has to go back. He has a vest with a hole in it.

Like the comic version, Bane is on a constant feed of chemicals, in the case of the movie version, it isn't VENOM, rather

a constant dose of painkillers. He basically feels no pain, from my understanding.

Also, someone has a posted a very detailed plot synopsis of the movie on Wikipedia, I think I will be a tad disappointed if what was posted is really the end of Nolan's Batman saga.

Edited by youbastards

Great!!! I love that he comes with the two spears and the daggers! I'm a sucker for the HT Avengers line, I'm buying them all even though I'm not 100% happy with all of them. The "money shot" will be having all of them together!

Can't wait to see Black Widow, hopefully she is next. I really doubt they would do it, but I would probably buy a couple HT Chitauri soldiers to flank Loki.

I would also pick up a Chitauri soldier. I am still wishing they had done a HYDRA soldier from Cap.

Looks like we are getting our wish!

547940_10150950754832344_739733746_n.jpg

Edited by youbastards

My Rescue Cap is supposed to be here Thursday. I can't wait to see this figure in person. It's awesome that there's a whole USO uniform under there. I wasn't even sure there'd be a whole shirt. I was just expecting a blue shirt with a star on it. A very pleasant suprise to say the least.

I'm also really excited for the Coulson figure. I honestly didn't think we'd see one. Can't wait to see the whole figure.