UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

I'm never sure, when Chuck says something's not happening that we know is happening (like the Age of Ultron set), if he doesn't know what's been announced or not, or he's legit not sure what's in the pipeline.

Zombies thing is interesting. Don't they still do those Zombie variant covers now and then?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be very surprised to learn Chuck doesn't know everything that's in the pipeline. I mean, DST makes a lot of products, but not so many that one person couldn't keep track of them all on a spreadsheet. I can't think of any previous occasions in which Chuck was just wrong about what was coming out and what wasn't.

I don't think we know an AoU set is happening, we've assumed an AoU set is happening based on unqualified speculation.

Edited by Lobsterman

Mind you, if (big "if") the TRU poll is AoU related, strictly speaking it isn't "planned" yet - a little creative wording in these Q & A's doesn't seem totally unusual!

Chuck doesn't usually parse words like that – he's pretty straightforward. If there was something in the works he couldn't officially confirm, I'd think he would say something like "never say never" or just evade the question rather than being outright untruthful. Also, Zach said they had already prototyped all six figures for the poll, so it would be a big stretch to say nothing had been planned.

I don't know; i think the AoU poll theory just got a big hole shot in it...

As I just said in the box set thread, I've seen Chuck deny something is in the works AFTER it's been announced. Just think how many times he told Lee Burns there were no plans for Venom when he was clearly in the works. Chuck doesn't really tease; he just denies until something's been announced. And it's also quite possible that he knows the characters in the poll, but not the name of the event they are related to, as he's not always all that up on current comics goings-on. So, again, I wouldn't read too much into it.

I'm bummed that there's someone out there who thinks we need more Gambit.

I want to take a moment to clarify something. There are at least two Joe M.'s in the world. I asked the question about Hogun and Fandral. The Other Joe M. asked about Gambit. We are not the same person. I do not know The Other Joe M, but I hope he gets his Gambit Minimate one day, maybe in his X-Men uniform jumpsuit.

Hmmmm - i think i'm doing something wrong. Questions i submit for AskDST just don't seem to be getting through. Admittedly, it doesn't matter so much this time, as i was also asking about the lost TRU Thor2 wave.... but it's still a little troubling.

I never got the 90's Gambit and have it high on my want list, but there is no way I'm paying what people on ebay want for it!

You have no idea how sick I am of hearing that answer. It's right up there with "That's not fair."

Not from you, or even from this board necessarily, but from collectors in general. This isn't a personal rant against you, has little to do with you at all, and I mean no offence to anyone. But it gets on my nerves. "I don't want to pay what the market says it's worth. Therefore the company owes me as a consumer, and must re-release their product. Thereby devaluing everyone else's collection."

Is your personal enjoyment of your collection tied to what it's worth? It shouldn't be, no. So people argue "Who cares if it's worth less now?" Well, by that same token, "Who cares that you paid more?" To which some might counter "But more people might get to enjoy it!" To which I say, Who gives a crap what other people think? This is my collection and no one elses. I'm going to enjoy it, regardless of who has what or who paid how much. I paid $90 for a wave 2 Black Spiderman and sold a Titanium Untra Magnus for $8. It is my collection, may I not buy and sell for the prices that I choose? But when you (hypothetical you, not you CountDestro) complain that you want something but don't want to pay the money for it, therefore it needs to come out again, all I hear is whining and complaining. This is collection, it is hard. If you want something, work for it! Pay the prices, get that grail piece and never let go. it will make it that much more special. But don't expect it to be handed to you.

That being said, yeah, we could do with another form of Gambit, simply to drum up new business.

OMG I waffle between capitalist and communist so fast it's not even funny. sad.png

Hmmmm - i think i'm doing something wrong. Questions i submit for AskDST just don't seem to be getting through. Admittedly, it doesn't matter so much this time, as i was also asking about the lost TRU Thor2 wave.... but it's still a little troubling.

It's funny you should say that. I've had a couple of questions not get answered this year too. I'm thinking it may be an anti-thor conspiracy (lol) as they happened to be related to him too. They were more on whether we might get any comic related minimates to go with the film. I guess by now as nothing's been announced I can take it as a "no" though, so at least I seem to have the answer without taking up space in any askDSTs! lol

Snip

I mostly agree, save for the fact that we do have a Best Of series, and due to that, we have a large chance of filling in blanks in some of the newer collectors ranks instead of paying a sort of outrageous amount. And with that, still keeping the value of the original Gambit just by changing up some stuff on the hypothetical Best Of Gambit, like changing the coat a slight shade or to a different coat mold, updating a tampo, another accessory or two. Best of both worlds scenario.

Of course, I am a horribly cheap person, and have been keeping to my creed of never paying more than 20 dollars average for a single minimate, and have done well to that so far. Retro Cable and classic Archangel are the only ones I've payed more than 15 on, and I say they were totally worth it. Even Psylocke/Black Panther/2 extra 90's Storm's weren't that hard, lol.