UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. There's still some room for last-minute tweaks on Hound Rachel, and her Phoenix base = translucenty goodness :)

2. On the BTTF question: They can't reissue the old boxset as is but they can rerelease new variations of the characters (a la Marvel and Battlestar Galactica)? Hmmm...

3. A slight chance of Marvel army-builder single packs

4. A slight chance the Heroes/Villains sets might become a yearly thing

5. DC Minimates are never dead in the hearts of us fans

I have to say this has been a sort-of productive Q&A so far :P

I do appreciate that whenever AA does a Q&A, the answers actually sound like answers to the questions instead of corporate evasion speak you get from Hasbro and Mattel. (if they don't intend to answer anything why keep asking for questions?)

I do appreciate that whenever AA does a Q&A, the answers actually sound like answers to the questions instead of corporate evasion speak you get from Hasbro and Mattel. (if they don't intend to answer anything why keep asking for questions?)

I was amazed that they didn't edit my question & I'll give them total respect for answering so candidly.

Oooh oh oh oh!

Excitement @ the possibility of a reversible head featuring 'Hound Tattoo's' on Rachel.

In fact - i would even be happy to see a single sided head with her tatt's on!

If she comes with a translucent Phoenix effect AND tattoo's - it will be a 10 out of 10 MiniMate!

2. On the BTTF question: They can't reissue the old boxset as is but they can rerelease new variations of the characters (a la Marvel and Battlestar Galactica)? Hmmm...

Well, he didn't actually say "can't" but instead "at this point would never". I take that to mean we can do it but we don't think the market is there.

Makes sense as there's potentially a bigger market for a new BTTF1 set than a straight re-release. A new set potentially sells to those who already bought and those who missed while re-release would sell only to those who missed.

• 4 weeks later...

'Testing fees' are often mentioned when discussing the lack of foreign distributors of Minimates outside of the US. It's mentioned again in one of the answers in the latest QA . If you want to know how much the cost for 'testing' would be for each new Minimate ,I'll let you know ......Diamond quoted me $500 as a guideline a year ago!

There would be no cost because no testing would be necessary if they were sold as 'adult collectables' & not 'toys' .

'Testing fees' are often mentioned when discussing the lack of foreign distributors of Minimates outside of the US. It's mentioned again in one of the answers in the latest QA . If you want to know how much the cost for 'testing' would be for each new Minimate ,I'll let you know ......Diamond quoted me $500 as a guideline a year ago!

There would be no cost because no testing would be necessary if they were sold as 'adult collectables' & not 'toys' .

Sorry that's not correct, they would require testing, and you can't just call something an adult collectible because you want to. Precedent exist for these toys to be tested for small children PLUS have you seen one??? We do not currently CE test to test for Aus/NZ so those test would need to be done. No reason for me to lie to the fans.

Sorry that's not correct, they would require testing, and you can't just call something an adult collectible because you want to. Precedent exist for these toys to be tested for small children PLUS have you seen one??? We do not currently CE test to test for Aus/NZ so those test would need to be done. No reason for me to lie to the fans.

If you feel that I was implying that you were misleading anyone ,then I apologise because that was not my intention. I would however be obliged if you could elaborate on this issue because I had always believed Medicom scouted this issue by calling kubricks 'adult collectables'.........you'll perhaps excuse the analogy ! If my comments are completely wrong then I'll happily withdraw them .

CE (Conformitee Europeenne) marking is a mandatory mark of conformity required on all products sold in the European Economic Area. I'm not trying to be a clever-ass but..... Aus/NZ have there own similar regulatory body which, if satisfied, allows them to distribute their wares in European countries with a CE mark.

All Minimate packs have a 'not suitable for 0-3 year olds' printed on them which surely represents 'small children' . I'm not being disrespectful ,I'm just trying to make sense of the system.

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 4 weeks later...
I agree. What's the point in giving non-answers to questions?

Clearly Chuck's been hanging out too much with the guys who "answer" questions for Mattel and Hasbro.

And hearing us is fine, Mr. Chuck sir, as long as it's followed by action.

I dunno what the fuss is about, DST have always been cagey and stepped around questions with Q&A's.

With these Q&A's if you are careful and learn to read them correctly there is always something given away in one way or another..

The only thing I miss is that when it was held here on MMV it felt more personal and we would ask off the wall and silly stuff as well as minimate related questions, like favourite non DST toy or icecream flavor, give them something to smile at and answer so he's not just dodging ( I cant say that) bullets.

T.