UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little bit of hope for Songbird/Swordsman fans in this one though.

I read that answer as Swordsman will be coming out, but not sure about Songbird. Am I the only one who thought that might be what he meant?

Yeah, I thought the odds of a Swordsman minimate getting released before Songbird were stronger too. Swordsman seems to have more of that "name recognition" thing going for him and I think only us Multiversers had been clamoring for Songbird. Everybody knows girl superheroes don't sell!!! ;)

Nope, still hoping. :P There's still the odds of at least one of them seeing Minimateization.

Oh, I agree, there's hope. I was saying it didn't read like his usual "I can't say no, because then you'll cry, so never say never." answer, it sounded like there was a decent chance these could be fed to us at some point. It all depends on how relevant Songbird can make herself, I'm sure.

As for Swordsman, he might be more well known, but he is "dead" at the moment.

So is Jean Grey :lol:

:angry: I'll ignore that. :P

That Q&A really got me down...am i the only one that though a majority of the questions were asked by kids?? All of the ranting, pleading for new licenses, and the bringing-up DC. It was just really annoying and depressing to sit through those. :(

Oh, and whoever said Ice Age and Twilight: You are my dead horse. I have a bat. Prepare yourself. ;)

I read that answer as Swordsman will be coming out, but not sure about Songbird. Am I the only one who thought that might be what he meant?

Swordsman is a good name for a army builder pack. You could do the last Swordsman as the main release, and the original Swordsman as the chase...

Okay, I think it would be a good idea at any rate.

But then, they're both dead. Hope the next Swordsman has better luck.

That Q&A really got me down...am i the only one that though a majority of the questions were asked by kids?? All of the ranting, pleading for new licenses, and the bringing-up DC. It was just really annoying and depressing to sit through those. :(

Oh, and whoever said Ice Age and Twilight: You are my dead horse. I have a bat. Prepare yourself. ;)

It should be remembered that Minimates are toys. Kids ....not just grown-up people ,like you & I Twisted , buy toys. ;) . These kids & other Minimate fans may not have the benefit of reading all our wonderful 'dead-horse' threads & may not realise that these questions are mostly 'old hat' .

Everybody knows girl superheroes don't sell!!! ;)

Male may trump female when it comes to minimates, but Songbird comes out on top in the hero>villain and alive>dead sections of the "likelihood equation"!

As someone who didn't know either character before Ellis' Thunderbolts run, I'd much rather get Songbird.

"Small change" my ass >:O For a two inch figure, that's a pretty significant change that would have influenced my purchasing decision. The mask we were supposed to get is on the back of the box. Seriously, if you're going to make a change then why is it so hard to change the picture on the back of the box or even on the DST website? FALSE ADVERTISING.

In terms of total number of possible changes, I think it was pretty small. Perhaps important, but a small, important change. Besides, we had seen pre-release shots (including a packaged shot) of him with no eye holes, so it wasn't exactly a shock.

Edited by karamazov80

"Small change" my ass >:O For a two inch figure, that's a pretty significant change that would have influenced my purchasing decision. The mask we were supposed to get is on the back of the box. Seriously, if you're going to make a change then why is it so hard to change the picture on the back of the box or even on the DST website? FALSE ADVERTISING.

This isn't really a new thing for minimates. They get in the prototypes, photograph them for the advertising/box, sometimes make changes, then produce the final figure. Sometimes they try to reflect the changes in the advertising/box photos by photoshopping them (like the creepy Starbuck face recently) but usually they just leave it. I don't like the Hawkeye change either, but I'm surprised anyone is surprised anymore (and enough to be angry) when a photo doesn't completely match the mate.

Edited to make more sense: the point being, they likely don't get in a 'changed' prototype, it just goes into production, so there's no way to photograph it for the box anyway...

Edited by battlecat

no rocky 3!!!, alien predator still up in the air?, kid wants to be made to a minimate??, swordsmen seeing the light of day, songbird to remain underground,the tick not an option, luke's customs still kick ass!

and not one question on whether the godfather minimates are gonna be released?

whoa quite the q&A

This isn't really a new thing for minimates. They get in the prototypes, photograph them for the advertising/box, sometimes make changes, then produce the final figure. Sometimes they try to reflect the changes in the advertising/box photos by photoshopping them (like the creepy Starbuck face recently) but usually they just leave it. I don't like the Hawkeye change either, but I'm surprised anyone is surprised anymore (and enough to be angry) when a photo doesn't completely match the mate.

Edited to make more sense: the point being, they likely don't get in a 'changed' prototype, it just goes into production, so there's no way to photograph it for the box anyway...

I agree with battlecat, changes from prototypes and control art are pretty common.

Well even though I've been here for almost a year, this is the first time I can remember it happening, other than the muscle details on wave 25 Iron Man. I started collecting since the Iron Man movie wave came out, though my first pack was Archangel/Apocalypse. And the response from DST about Hawkeye... Really hurts. I love Minimates very much and it just seems like they don't care. I'm not even going to bother letting them know how I feel about Deadpool because I'll just get the same response.

They also didn't answer my question about fixing the Gargan Spidey in the first DA boxset, which only has six legs on the emblem despite the fact that I asked it at the same time as the Hawkeye mask, maybe even earlier.

Edited by Dio

This is just off the top of my head, and only intended just to back up my statement, not argue (again, I don't like the Hawkeye change either, and wouldn't even if the eyes were printed straight), but here are some differences in prototype photos:

-original Bullseye (diff. color)

-Gamma Hulk (diff. color)

-Human Torch (diff. color flames)

-original Sentry (the whole belt 'shine' thing)

-Civil War Cap (better blood app on shield, diff. handcuffs I think?)

-She-Hulk (better hair sculpt)

-DA Ms. Marvel (diff. hair sculpt)

-Norman Osborn (diff. color green strap things)

-Slimer (food)

-War Machine (alt. feet)

-Louis Tully (WAY less sooty)

-Gooey Ray (diff. goo app)

-Starbuck (face)

-1st App. Wolvie (missing whiskers)

Edited by battlecat

I think there was also the Pepper Potts hairpiece, Taskmaster's face and Blob's lack of a slurpee.

Then there were the differences from the Deadpool control art we've already noted before (sai instead of knife, the mask/s, those black rectangle thingies on his arms, belt app, etc.), though I think control art-prototype differences are a completely different matter entirely. So I guess I'll be striking this example for now.

EDIT: Just remembered the green-now-all-red battery pack on Ultimate Iron Man.

And looking back at the Toyfair photo of the Deadpool prototype, I didn't see the rectangles on his arms (though they were visible in the official wave photos DST released) but the "black eye spots" on the second mask were symmetrical like Dio said they were supposed to. Personally I prefer the current mask look more though.

Edited by NorthRaider

Here's one change I've noticed:

Dio (Used to be a fun guy but is now very whiny...)

Seriously get over it, when we see concept art it's exactly that concept art, It's DST's perfect world idea of what they want to do. Things like budget and factory limitations may cause changes to that.

The same goes for the box art, Due to design and print run times the images are usually done from paint master prototypes, it's not possible to have the final procuct printed on the box.

It's not going to change either, so you either need to get over it and accept reasonable realities or find something else to collect!

T.

.... Due to design and print run times the images are usually done from paint master prototypes, it's not possible to have the final procuct printed on the box....

this is a very common practice on most if not all toy lines, i guess DST just need to add that "final product may vary" line that most put on their packages to satisfy the folks that are easily upset by change.

Word

Dio. Don't take it personally I have been called

whiny before...and I was.

Focus on the positive and as for hawkeye and deadpool

commision Luke to fix what you don't like about them

now please stop dragging Kangs good name around

I can feel minimadman's head spin as he sees the name

kang mentioned again. :)

moc847

I think it's great that our very own Luke fooled somebody outside of the forum (I think) into thinking that his custom Psycho boxed set was an official DST release. Way to go Luke!

I think it's great that our very own Luke fooled somebody outside of the forum (I think) into thinking that his custom Psycho boxed set was an official DST release. Way to go Luke!

To be fair, there was one (and possibly others) website that reported the set he made WAS in fact an official release...apparetntly people don't know the mean of CUSTOMCon... :confused:

I'll admit though, i laughed a lot when i did read it. :happy: