UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Chef Duff Minimates

Mine arrived in the mail yesterday. They were well packed. I didn't know the chainsaw, guitar, cap and icing gun tank had Charm City Cakes emblazoned on 'em... guess I missed that. SO... I just scratched 'em off a little. No big deal. Now my minimate I made of myself has a chainsaw with which to ward off the zombie I made using zombie DD and other parts.

This is a nice little set. It'd be neat to see other people done like this one. Not neccessarily a whole series... but just a figure or two. Mainly to get sweet accessories!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got my five in the mail and all of the packaging was in great shape despite being sent in a large envelope. It wouldn't have mattered since I'm opening them all and man am I excited to start using them to customize! So many possibilities!

• 2 months later...
If you happen to have an Urban Outfitters nearby and missed out on the Duff mate, now's your second chance. I found a slew of them at UO last night being clearanced for $4.99 (originally priced at a ridonkulous $15.99).

They have an urban outfitter in SF, so I managed a second Duff set super cheap as well as DSS for $4.99 also.

Anybody know of a toyline that would have an appropriatley scaled kitchen for this minimate to be displayed in? I've been looking at the Littlest Pet Shop and Ponyland toys down the pink isles, but they're all too cutesy, even if they were to be repainted.

Thoughts?

Anybody know of a toyline that would have an appropriatley scaled kitchen for this minimate to be displayed in? I've been looking at the Littlest Pet Shop and Ponyland toys down the pink isles, but they're all too cutesy, even if they were to be repainted.

Thoughts?

You may consider going to your local Hobby Lobby (if you have one), and checking out their miniatures. Every time I get over there, I see the various mini pots and pans, animals, lamp posts, beds, trees, closets, etc., and think of how cool they would look with my Minimates. . .if only I had the space or felt like hassling with dioramas to begin with.

Thoughts?

You may consider going to your local Hobby Lobby (if you have one), and checking out their miniatures. Every time I get over there, I see the various mini pots and pans, animals, lamp posts, beds, trees, closets, etc., and think of how cool they would look with my Minimates. . .if only I had the space or felt like hassling with dioramas to begin with.

Nice tip, been thinking about looking for some good Minimate-scale miniatures myself. Fortunately most of those hobby-store miniatures look like a good-enough size for them. Some Playmobil/Barbie accessories would work too (judging from how they're used in the JP1000 and Friends pics at least), of course those might be a bit big/pricey for Minimates.

Edited by NorthRaider

Anyone live near an Urban Outfitters that can pick up extras?

I went to the one in BR last night, and nada--none of these, and none of the DSS ones, either. They had a crap-load of $10 blind boxed Lost Kubs (actually looked opened and re-taped closed) and GI Joe Muggs.

By the way, is anybody else seeing a very weird change in how topics are viewed here? Now, instead of seeing everything on my page, I just see the poster's name and the first couple of lines from a post in a weird outline at the bottom of the page :confused:

Edited by karamazov80

Anyone live near an Urban Outfitters that can pick up extras?

I went to the one in BR last night, and nada--none of these, and none of the DSS ones, either. They had a crap-load of $10 blind boxed Lost Kubs (actually looked opened and re-taped closed) and GI Joe Muggs.

By the way, is anybody else seeing a very weird change in how topics are viewed here? Now, instead of seeing everything on my page, I just see the poster's name and the first couple of lines from a post in a weird outline at the bottom of the page :confused:

Everythings fine here but I guess you smoked that 'special ' Devon- cigar I sent you for Christmas

Everythings fine here but I guess you smoked that 'special ' Devon- cigar I sent you for Christmas

You could warn a fella, you know :(

Anyway, this problem appears on my laptop, but not on my woman's desktop. Weird. Happened after I followed a google link that showed me an old Multiverse post, and I can't see where in the "controls" I can change it back.

--edit: figured it out, if you click "Options" at the top right of an open topic page, you can select various display modes, one of which is "outline," which was apparently selected for me--

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...
They had a crap-load of $10 blind boxed Lost Kubs (actually looked opened and re-taped closed)

When I worked at Tower Records, I'd (carefully) open any blind-boxed items to find out what they were, and mark on the little checklist on back. Our store sold more after I started doing this than we had beforehand.

• 6 years later...