UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hulk Movie thread

Amazing.JL

Thought I'd start a thread since there is a confirmed actor/director.

Ed Norton is going to be The Incredible Hulk!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=5502

What do you guys think? I personally was okay with Eric Bana but I think it is somewhat of an improvement. Ed Norton is a great actor imo and one of my favorites. I'm looking forward to this film.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm totally stoked about Edward Norton playing Bruce Banner / Hulk. It never dawned on me that he would be in the running for this part. A co-worker of mine said he was surprised that Norton accepted the role, saying that a comic book movie seemed to commercial for him (Edward) to do. I do think he's an amazing actor with a great range of emotion (just look at Fight Club for example) that will do justice to the "tormented" Banner character. Can't wait to see him Hulk out on some sorry SOB.

I just hope that visually the Hulk is a standard size through out the movie (9 to 10 feet) and that he has more dialect than he did in Ang Lee's version. Remember people... this one's NOT A SEQUEL according to the director himself.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I saw that yesterday on G4's The Feed. My wife said Liv's not going to be happy until she's the geekboy's ultimate wet dream :lol: I can see her in the part, but as I said in another forum. It's not the previous actors of the first movie I had a problem with, it was all the psycho babble and misinterpretations of the Hulk character in the first one. Eric Bana did a great job, as did Jennifer Connolly and Sam Elliot. It was the Nick Nolte crap that didn't work. It was like they had a nice middle, but crap for the opening and close. It's one of the few Marvel films I don't have on dvd and I have Elektra folks(Although I did like that film :P). Sounds like the new director has a grasp on the characters and Norton must be hearing some good things from Downey, to have accepted this role. I wish more actors of their calibur would take chances with characters like this, instead of folks with Nick Cage calibur :rolleyes:

Quick edit: T42, I don't see them doing the gamma testing origin myself. If anything, I hope that the origin is retold in the opening credits ala' Spider Man 2 & 3, where everything that happened the first couple of movies is recapped with artwork or screen caps. I kind of find it unfortunate when the origin story has to be told. It tends to bog down the plot a bit and mess with the pace. Although I did enjoy how they've done things so far. I think what's going to be interesting, is the way they are going to update Iron Man's origin to a modern take. But I guess that's for another thread :unsure: End of edit.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
A little more news starting to come out about this.

WIZARD INSIDER: THE ABOMINATION

There’s double the gamma-fueled trouble this time around as the Abomination appears in the ‘Incredible Hulk’ movie

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/wizard/006576298.cfm

The Leader. Interesting.

Tim Roth, Tim Blake and, of course, Ed Norton are all amazing actors. I'm really curious to see how this all turns out. . .however, I think Bana was a terrific Banner, and as much as I like Norton, I would have preferred to have seen Bana and Connelly reprise their roles than Norton and Tyler taking over.

Regarding the Leader, I see this as being similar to having Curt Conners in the Spiderman movies, or Harvey Dent in Batman Returns--maybe setting up a sequel, maybe just giving a nod to the fans. Not sure they should pull out their two biggest guns in the first of the new series of Hulk films (I'm sure that's how they're viewing it, anyway).

Tim Roth, Tim Blake and, of course, Ed Norton are all amazing actors. I'm really curious to see how this all turns out. . .however, I think Bana was a terrific Banner, and as much as I like Norton, I would have preferred to have seen Bana and Connelly reprise their roles than Norton and Tyler taking over.

Regarding the Leader, I see this as being similar to having Curt Conners in the Spiderman movies, or Harvey Dent in Batman Returns--maybe setting up a sequel, maybe just giving a nod to the fans. Not sure they should pull out their two biggest guns in the first of the new series of Hulk films (I'm sure that's how they're viewing it, anyway).

Makes sense, but they didn't do that with SM's big gun Venom. They kinda just threw him in with Sandman. Hopefully you're right. Heck, in the main SM trilogy we saw nothing from Lizard. It's like, put him in SM2 and build up his character make so many theories for SM3 involve the Lizard and then... Nothing. Nothing but Sandman and the great Venom who got the @$$ end of the movie.

• 1 month later...
Seems the director felt that Abominations repilian features didn't make sense, so he is changing over 30 years of comic history. Just as I thought there was hope...

Here is a toy of the "new" Abomination.

While I miss the scales, the new one looks pretty nice to me. Still, that bugs me. Gamma radiation making the freaking Jolly Green Giant is sensible, but scales aren't?

Where on the link does it show Abomination? I looked and didn't find anything.

They seem to have removed the pictures. Pity.

They took the pic down, so here it is...

ab72b46e.jpg

I think he looks like one of the Doom or Resident Evil creatures.

When I first saw this, I thought of the dried up/tree root version of Swamp Thing from the old 90s cartoon. There was a figure made that looks very similar to that one.

I thought one of the main problems with the first Hulk movie is that they took too many liberties with a wacky villain. I hope that this won't ultimately be the case here (though I fear that it will).

edit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLIMBING-SWAMP-THING-F...bayphotohosting

Hmmm looks like a Strogg from the Quake games to me!

As everyone says it's a cool design but there really wasn't a need to change it, sounds like they didn't want to make the effort to have a villain that goes beyond being a punching bag and how it looks.

T.

post-638-1202754871_thumb.jpg It's probably just me ,as usual, that finds a GREEN Hulk with the words MEGA CLAP ,beneath the picture ,very funny. What completes it is the ABDOMENINATION chasing him with his surgical ''Steel'' weapon....which is probably the cause of his clap :tongue:

I thought i was the only one thinking this :lol:

"Mega Clap ('s)" indeed.

He needs to get that checked out.

• 3 weeks later...