UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hulk Movie thread

Amazing.JL

I quite like the character, especially his portrayal in the Ultimates, but this movie doesn't excite me at all. I don't like the way Hulk looks here, the actor is a bad choice in my eyes, and the trailer seemed to make it more about Bruce than the Hulk and even more about Abomination than Hulk. I think I'll give this one a miss.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like the way Hulk looks here, the actor is a bad choice in my eyes, and the trailer seemed to make it more about Bruce than the Hulk and even more about Abomination than Hulk. I think I'll give this one a miss.

Well, to put my spin on it, I would probably prefer some "man in suit" action with forced perspective and 3/5 sized sets or something (and midgets as regular sized folk :) ) over the CGI-deal, but I know that the kiddies wouldn't go for that in this day and age, and most adults probably wouldn't, either.

I think Norton is one of the best actors around, and though I actually prefer Bana as Banner, I think that he is a good choice. In my opinion, the Hulk should primarily be about Banner, and his conflict of also being the Hulk, and trying to deal with that part of himself, rather than just being about some semi-mindless monster running around causing mischief (that should be only part of what is good about Hulk stories). I really like the old tv show, and the focus on "David" Banner is a large part of why I do. I doubt the movie will be more about Abomination than Hulk, though.

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 weeks later...

Check out these 3 NEW TV SPOTS FOR THE INCREDIBLE HULK.

On the one entitled "The Good", at the 15 sec mark, you can hear the Abomination talk to the Hulk. He says "Come on" in a cool, deep, gutteral voice. Taunting the Hulk after having been (what looks to be) punched through a truck. Can't wait to see the fight of the year. :hulk:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Looking forward to this movie but I May be one of few who don't like the movie version of Abomination just looks to much like a Resident Evil movie major bad guy.

I much prefer the finhead comic version. A 26 minute punch up sounds good though.

Here are some more movie clips. I guess that means that there are moderate spoilers therein. I personally like what I'm seeing here:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36864

so

roth's taken the super solider serum but has'nt turned all green & a-bomb yet thats why he's fighting like captain america

.......... cool!!

• 2 weeks later...

Reviews with minor to major spoilers have popped up on Aintitcool. I only read Harry Knowles's, because I knew his spoilers would be light. He loved it, and I'm trying not to get too swept up into the hype so that my expectations aren't too high, but. . .Tim Roth, Ed Norton, Tim Blake Nelson,

a cameo by Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark, the super soldier serum (and that awesome video of Roth moving like Cap in the above link)

, the references to the great and tragic TV show, etc., etc. Everything looks so right. :teehee:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36973

At least click to watch the cool flash animation.

If nothing else, the respect that they are giving these films, and the fans of these films, is so refreshing after the crap comic movies that we got in the 80s and 90s. Transformers proves that you can still play to the lowest common denominator and make a fortune, but the Marvel and DC stuff (with a couple of notable exceptions [cough--Fantastic Four--cough]) have really made me feel like a kid again, without getting me distracted by kitsch and bad writing, acting, directing, etc.

Hey everybody! Well we're less than a week away from seeing the Incredible Hulk and just when you thought you've seen all the trailers and TV spots, they throw more at us.

Check THIS LINK out! In the first of 3 TV spots, we get to see good ol' Tony Stark and in the third one, we "FINALLY" get to hear the big green guy say "Hulk SMASH!" Gives ya tingles. Enjoy!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I think he gave Universal Orlando a shout out at the end of the first preview!!! He said something about being in a metal tube with aggresive people..

http://www.coasterforce.com/images/744.jpg

the tube at the beginning of the roller coaster goes from a complete start and shoots you out onto the track, one of my favorites ever!!!