UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Zombie Fest Contest!

Amazing.JL

Zombie Fest!!!

marvel-zombies-mini-mates.jpg

For October Mini-Myte and Amazing.JL bring you
The Zombie-Mates Custom Contest!!!

This year has been one filled with the Zombie craze. We've seen it all from new story lines, various new products, and even new movies. Can't say we are surprised as zombies are either scary, cool, and/or lol funny! It's that time of Halloween again and what better time to celebrate "The Zombie" with our very own Zombie-Mates contest!

With so many types of zombies out there we've decided to make this contest a little different. There will be three categories of Zombies in this contest.

1.) Comics - In this category the custom minimate has to be a zombie character from any comic or graphic novel.
2.) TV/Movies - Here the custom minimate had to be a zombie from a particular Movie or TV show.
3.) Original Concept - This minimate custom can be any character Zombie transformed not to have been a zombie before in Comics or TV/Movies. The sky is the limit! You can even consider it a "What if?" concept. This would also include Zombies that do not fit in the Comics or TV/Moives categories

Rules:

1.) Only one custom minimate per person can be entered in this contest.
2.) Please submit a manageable size picture of your custom by posting it in this thread.
If submitting more than one picture, they must be thumbnails.
3.) Please specify the one category your custom will be submitted under and taken into consideration.
4.) Please provide a brief description of your custom, source art is optional.
5.) This must be a new creation from the start of this post, previous customs/contest entries are not allowed.
6.) Quick Customs are allowed.

===============================================================
Dates:

Entries will be accepted between now and through Friday October 26th at 11:59 PM PST.
Voting begins once Contest Gallery has been posted on October 27th and ends October 30th at 11:59 PM PST.
Winners will be posted on October 31st

Voting:

The PM Ballot system will be used for the voting.
Each submitted ballot must list in order the best design in each category you feel performed the best job overall.

1.) Best Comic Zombie
2.) Best TV/Movie Zombie
3.) Best Original Concept Zombie

Anyone can vote, even the participants.
If you are a participant, you cannot vote for your own entry.
In the end, whoever has the most total votes in a specific category wins that category.
During the voting period, please send all PM ballots to Amazing.JL

For the top prizes we have some great zombie horror goodness!! :) These are some awesome prize packs that I'm sure everyone can enjoy. Click on Thumbnails for a bigger view.

Prize Pack #1
* Marvel Select Zombies Spider-Man and Col. America figures
* Shaun of the Dead DVD
* Marvel Zombies Hardcover (4th printing)
* Land of the Dead & Dawn of the Dead PSP movies
* Marvel Zombies MM 5 pack
* Marvel Zombies MM SDCC 2 pack
ThumbnailZombiePrizePack1.jpg

Prize Pack #2
* Land of the Dead Butcher, Machete and Big Daddy zombie action figures
* Land of the Dead DVD
* Walking Dead Vol 1 & 2 Trade Paperbacks
* Resident Evil 4 (Wii) Video Game
ThumbnailZombiePrizePack2.jpg

Prize Pack #3
* Dawn of the Dead Flyboy & Plaid Shirt zombie action figures
* Dawn of the Dead Ultimate Edition DVD
* The Zombie Survival Guide
* Dead Rising (XB 360) Video Game
ThumbnailZombiePrizePack3.jpg

The contest/category winners will have their choice from the available prizes. Prize selection order will be determined on the total number of votes between the category winners. This means whichever category winner scores the highest, they will choose their prize pack first. In the event of a tie, a random drawing will determine selection. Once a prize/slot has been selected, it will not be available for the next winner.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them in this thread or send them over to me via PM.

Let the fun begin! Don't be shy, participate!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So get creative and lets see those gruesome, ghastly and gory zombiemate customs. Me and JL can't wait to see what disgusting and stomach turning creations you guys come up with for this contest. Good luck to all who enter!

Cool. First thing that lept to mine was a zombie transformer, and I searched lone and hard, and saw nothing in the rules that said the zombie HAD to be a minimate. Is this true or are you going to go back and amend the rules now? :P

This might sound cheeky, but I'm thinking I might pass as I'm not a big zombie fan and the prizes don't appeal to me.

Cool. First thing that lept to mine was a zombie transformer, and I searched lone and hard, and saw nothing in the rules that said the zombie HAD to be a minimate. Is this true or are you going to go back and amend the rules now? :P

Zombie-Mates = Zombie Minimates , The word minimate can be added a fews more times. :P

Cool. I searched lone and hard, and saw nothing in the rules that said the zombie HAD to be a minimate. Is this true or are you going to go back and amend the rules now? :P

Rules:

1.) Only one custom minimate per person can be entered in this contest.

It's the first rule! :pinch:

Man I can't wait to get started on this! Great idea guys.

I'm reading the Zombie Survival Guide in Prize Pack 3. It's a great book.

Good Luck to everyone and thanks you guys!

Awesome contest as usual guys! I am seriously loving those prizes. I'd love any one of those items. Can't wait to see the entries. C'mon, somebody pull off a zombie Steve Austin 6MDM! :P

After reading the rules, I think there are two different ways they could be interpreted. The first way is that only characters who have been zombies in comics or movies can be in the first two categories, and anyone who has not been a zombie in a comic book or movie (for example, Thanos) would go in the third category. The second way of reading the rules is that any comic character made into a zombie would go into the first category (so Thanos would be here), any TV/movie character would go into the second category, and the third category would be for oddball zombies like Abraham Lincoln and Michael Jordan. Which is the correct interpretation?

Luke, I've updated the Contest Category details to be more clear. Let me know.

Basically the first two categories have to be actual zombie characters from 1.) Comics or 2.) TV/Movies. The third category 3.) Original Concept is any character that hasn't been a Zombie before.

After reading the rules, I think there are two different ways they could be interpreted. The first way is that only characters who have been zombies in comics or movies can be in the first two categories, and anyone who has not been a zombie in a comic book or movie (for example, Thanos) would go in the third category. The second way of reading the rules is that any comic character made into a zombie would go into the first category (so Thanos would be here), any TV/movie character would go into the second category, and the third category would be for oddball zombies like Abraham Lincoln and Michael Jordan. Which is the correct interpretation?

Basicly any zombie that has appeared in a comic book. Example, if the character appeared in Marvel Zombies and was a zombie then they qualify for the category. If they were in Marvel Zombies and were never turned into a zombie than they don't qualify. If you want to turn say the Dazzler into a Zombie, then she'd qualify for the 3rd category (Original Concept).

Does this mean we have to wait until the 25th to see other peoples zombies?

bummer :)

T.

You can post your pics of your zombie-mates here whenever you want to. Submissions just end on the 24th of Oct.

I know going first usually spoils your chances of winning anything but I thought I'd get this party started with my lunchbreak quick custom... Zombie Ryu.....

post-7-1191362459_thumb.jpg

I think we're going to see most of the entries in the someone who hasn't been a zombie yet category cos there aren't that many 'specific' zombies in TV or comics they tend to be generic shuffling hoards...

T.

I know going first usually spoils your chances of winning anything but I thought I'd get this party started with my lunchbreak quick custom... Zombie Ryu.....

post-7-1191362459_thumb.jpg

I think we're going to see most of the entries in the someone who hasn't been a zombie yet category cos there aren't that many 'specific' zombies in TV or comics they tend to be generic shuffling hoards...

T.

Zombie Spice Girls......? Sorry ,I read that as geriatric shuffling whores...my mistake..generic shuffl....

Zombie Thanos was in the promo shot for Marvel Zombies sequel whatever it's called.

i am making a base for my guy, i can put a carcass or two on it right? im only asking because you say ONE minimate, but even though theyre not the entry?

Only the one minimate entry is to be judged. The rest is considered background or part of a scene/diorama. When submitting your entry, you need to specify your entry minimate. At your own risk you may either enhance or take away from your entry. Now I would NOT go crazy and make an army of zombies

:blink: um i have a question does it have to be a zombie zombie or just an undead charecter.

An undead character is a living character, it's just not clear what you are asking.

A Zombie is a Zombie, a person/character that resembles the living dead. Let's not micro-analyze what is a zombie. Contests here have been flexible. I don't understand the complication.

Zombies don't have to come from a grave or be dead, they can also be a living person turned into a zombie by some disease or cause.

An undead character is a living character, it's just not clear what you are asking.

A Zombie is a Zombie, a person/character that resembles the living dead. Let's not micro-analyze what is a zombie. Contests here have been flexible. I don't understand the complication.

Zombies don't have to come from a grave or be dead, they can also be a living person turned into a zombie by some disease or cause.

Wait, so a zombie has to be a person? Well, crap, so much for my KITT Zombie custom...