Amazing.JL

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my entry, Void from the movie Dead Alive:

voidt.jpg

Click to view large image

He falls into category 2. For those who have not seen Dead Alive, go rent it! It is one of the best zombie movies of all time. Void is a zombie that gets cut in half, and then his upper half starts dragging himself around by his arms, with his guts hanging out, while his lower half walks around and kicks people. I thought of him as soon as I saw this contest. Soon I plan on making a Lionel minimate with a lawnmower accessory to accompany him. :)

Wow some great entries folks!!

Due to some having trouble and scheduling, we have decided to extend the contest entry deadline a couple days to End of Day this Friday. The new Dates are as follows:

Dates:

Entries will be accepted through Friday October 26th at 11:59 PM PST.

Voting begins once Contest Gallery has been posted on October 27th and ends October 30th at 11:59 PM PST.

Winners will be posted on October 31st

Come on, Get those Entries in!

Aren't those the exact same dates as the first post?

Aren't those the exact same dates as the first post?

The original closing date for entries was Wednesday Oct 24th. There's an extra 2 day extension now till the 26th. We still want to announce the winners on Halloween.

Ah the first post has been edited. My bad!

sorry no boobs in my entry.. but there is an exposed chest

this is my entry into the original concept section of the zombie contest(because somebody forgot to make a section for video game zombies) Anyways this is a Headhumper Zombie from the Halflife universe.. enjoy

first the referance picture

zombiehl2.jpg

followed by view number one

PICT0039.jpg

and number two

PICT0037.jpg

hope these are better

Way better! Excellent scenes of carnage and mayhem (and dripping bloody dismembered body parts). I especially love the torn off hand still gripping the knife in his back, and the BSG scene with the impaled Cylon torso! Cylons would be great against zombies (the metal ones anyway) no flesh to chew, and they can't be bitten or turned.

I'm almost speechless. It's amazing-actually looking like Stan Lee while at the same time being worthy of a Romero movie. I particularly like the twisted, decayed leg-it gives him a great "Igor" shuffle that really adds atmosphere. The big bite out of his torso is way more realistic looking than the clear bits of the official Marvel Zombie minimates. In a word-fabulous (just like the work of the man himself).

Man, what a time to have no home computer, no drill/dremel, and only five days to come up with something, even though if I pulled it off, I'd have no way to submit it (posting from work right now).

Oh, well. :(

Scourge, how did you do the splatter on your Amish?

Luke, I love that movie, and you'd better follow through with Lionel and the mower strapped to his chest!! You should also make the Peter Jackson zombie, too!!

My entry, under the original concept category is Forrest Gump.

Gump00.jpg

As you can see, he comes with interchangeable heads, a severed leg, the fabled "smiley" T-Shirt (only a shrieking face in blood rather than a smiling face in mud), and his box of chocolates, though covered by his intestines. As far as detail goes, I hand painted his checkered shirt as well as his broken in shoes, right down to the Nike swoosh on the side. And yes, that is the bus stop, hand sculpted as a peaceful scene to contrast the horror that is Zombie Gump.

"But Lieutenant Dan, you ain't got no leg!"

Gump01.jpg

"Run from Forrest! Run!"

Gump02.jpg

"I may not be a smart man, but I know what blood is..."

Gump03.jpg

HaHa! I love them both! Nice work guys!

Zombie Gump, now that's inspired!