UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

On 6/9/2021 at 9:53 AM, buttheadsmate said:

A valid point although I question most ?    

Leg articulation (with Minimates in general) is a sore subject with me , so many minimates have separate feet parts  for almost no reason at all ( unless you want to pose the feet 'a la penguin' or Charlie Chaplin .....whilst many others have rigid 'bootlike' appendages which are totally inarticulate ( TMNT /Iron Man etc.etc.) !?

Then there's the Minimate knee joint that will only bend 90 degrees .....a gentle redesign to increase the angle would make so much difference to poseability but it seems like I'm the only person that it bothers. 

Nope. I’m bothered. But then again I also am annoyed we don’t get extra hands.

The only reason I bothered giving Minimates a try was because of the articulation. As far as I know it's still superior to every other block figure available (especially LEGO), which is an admittedly low bar, but Minimates leaps over that bar with ease.

Is there room for improvement? Sure. Would it help attract more consumers than it would it would lose? Hard to tell. I've often wondered if simply changing the size of the peg hole in the foot would be a benefit since the brand would no longer compete in the construction set category.

Personally, I'd welcome a bicep swivel so long as gravity didn't make the forearm fall off. But is it worth the development costs?

16 hours ago, MisterPL said:

The only reason I bothered giving Minimates a try was because of the articulation. As far as I know it's still superior to every other block figure available (especially LEGO), which is an admittedly low bar, but Minimates leaps over that bar with ease.

Is there room for improvement? Sure. Would it help attract more consumers than it would it would lose? Hard to tell. I've often wondered if simply changing the size of the peg hole in the foot would be a benefit since the brand would no longer compete in the construction set category.

Personally, I'd welcome a bicep swivel so long as gravity didn't make the forearm fall off. But is it worth the development costs?

You are getting far deeper than I my friend. I just want each mate to come with extra posing hands. The number of Jesus and Puck figures i own just for the hands is almost at cult level.