UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

See, for me, I don't WANT the G1 characters again. That's what Universe is there for. I love the style. It is a very personal preference though, eh?

That's one nice thing about TFs right now, isn't it? Hasbro caters to the 80s nostalgia-fiends like myself with the Classics/"Universe" and Masterpiece figures, and the others for folk who are into the movie and new cartoon as well.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, for me, I don't WANT the G1 characters again. That's what Universe is there for. I love the style. It is a very personal preference though, eh?

That's one nice thing about TFs right now, isn't it? Hasbro caters to the 80s nostalgia-fiends like myself with the Classics/"Universe" and Masterpiece figures, and the others for folk who are into the movie and new cartoon as well.

Yeah. Bit of everything, eh? I like Universe, but most of the figures just kinda "meh" me. I mean, Prowl is the same exact thing as 24 years ago. Sunstreaker and Octane mix it up a bit. Powerglide looks pretty bad IMO. I like Onslaught. Galvatron is TOO SMALL. As for the repaints, again, eh. Pretty psyched that they're doing a new Hot Shot though. I never watched the Unicron Trilogy, I just need a Hot Shot to want JaAm!

Edited by Deadpool

Wow, it's been quiet here. Has anyone gotten ahold of Animated stuff yet?

I've seen them all over the place here, but been waiting on my BBTS preorders -- should finally ship out today. I wasn't expecting the wave 2 and 3 figures to show up at the same time as wave 1 though, so that'll be cool to get them all together.

I'm getting Bumblebee, Prowl, Blackarachnia and Grimlock, and might grab a Jazz later... the rest of the designs don't appeal to me as much (in the toys I mean, I think the overall character design on the show is great).

In this weekend's episode (the one that aired in Canada anyway),

anyone know if that was the same voice actor that did Waspinator from Beast Wars at the end? Sounded spot on. Also, is Sentinel Prime supposed to be a robot version of The Tick? Exact same chin and "ears" (and idiocy) -- seems like it has to be intentional.

Wow, it's been quiet here. Has anyone gotten ahold of Animated stuff yet?

I've seen them all over the place here, but been waiting on my BBTS preorders -- should finally ship out today. I wasn't expecting the wave 2 and 3 figures to show up at the same time as wave 1 though, so that'll be cool to get them all together.

I'm getting Bumblebee, Prowl, Blackarachnia and Grimlock, and might grab a Jazz later... the rest of the designs don't appeal to me as much (in the toys I mean, I think the overall character design on the show is great).

In this weekend's episode (the one that aired in Canada anyway),

anyone know if that was the same voice actor that did Waspinator from Beast Wars at the end? Sounded spot on. Also, is Sentinel Prime supposed to be a robot version of The Tick? Exact same chin and "ears" (and idiocy) -- seems like it has to be intentional.

You lucky sonuva.... We still don't have em' here. My friend just picked them up! AUGH, I can't wait!

It just isn't fair!!!

I just have to scream...

Man this thread is quiet. I wouldn't normally double post, but... :D

I got all of the ones available spare Prime and Megs, and I love every single one of them. Lugnut is particularly AMAZING.

I got all of the ones available spare Prime and Megs, and I love every single one of them. Lugnut is particularly AMAZING.

How do you like Grimlock? He is the one Animated figure that I will probably pick up.

How do you like Grimlock? He is the one Animated figure that I will probably pick up.

Well, I just got him today, so I haven't had forever with him, but here's my pros/cons list:

Pros:

Badass sword

Nice size

Simple but interesting transformation

Pretty nice articulation

Cons:

Slightly wonky arms

He's really nice. My favorite remains Lugnut though. I'd highly recommend him, assuming you dig the wild color scheme.

I agree about Lugnut. I was so surprised that he instantly became one of my favorites.

I've just been offered the opportunity to set up a table with a friend at TF Con in Toronto this Saturday. This is particularly tempting since the Universe toys are supposed to be available. I'd love to do it but I'm going to have to scramble just to get everything ready.

I got Grimlock yesterday. I really wish he didn't have that underbite. . .I'm thinking about trying to customize his head by taking his jaw off, but I don't know.

Also:

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2215156/6989679

Edited by karamazov80

Quick question Transformers Universe is Classics 2.0? Also I remember when someone posted pics of them from some show they said they weren't going to be available in Canada is this still the case? If so that sucks because they looked pretty cool.

Looks like you're the lucky sonuva, Deadpool! :biggrin: I'm still waiting on my Animated order... looks like BBTS thought they got all 3 waves in on the Saturday, and so sent me notice the whole lot had arrived, but the waves 2 and 3 figures didn't switch to "in stock" on their website until later that week, and finally shipped last friday. No big deal, but I want to get my mitts on them already...

Grimlock's underbite put me off a bit in the initial photos I saw, but it's grown on me a lot and now I think he's probably my favorite in the whole line.

And I'm pretty sure that the Universe figures were at my comic shop (in Toronto) this week, but I was in a rush so I didn't pay much attention. (Don't know if this means they'll be widely available in Canada though, since they do import stuff.)

Edited by battlecat

TF Con was fun! I sold a crap-load of stuff and made an obscene amount of money. I picked up the Universe figures and a few other goodies. I didn't get a whole lot of pictures because my table was non-stop busy all day but I got some nice pictures of the City Commander Ultra Magnus Upgrade kit and the new Matrix/mini-Megatron set they had displayed. Check them out here.

Quick question Transformers Universe is Classics 2.0?

Classics 2.0 is a subset of the Universe line.

Is there a story behind Nemesis Prime?

Once upon a time, there was a company that realized that it could do simple repaints of toys and re-release them over and over ad nauseum to foolish fans of toys who would just keep on buying them whenever possible. After the Classics Optimus was released, and re-released as Ultra Magnus, and re-released as Henkei Optimus by a sister company, and re-released as a translucent Henkei Optimus, and probably re-released again a couple of times as characters that I don't know about, Nemesis Prime was born! And they all lived happily ever after. . .except the foolish fans who were out of money, and who thus had to resort to eating their toys.

Once upon a time, there was a company that realized that it could do simple repaints of toys and re-release them over and over ad nauseum to foolish fans of toys who would just keep on buying them whenever possible. After the Classics Optimus was released, and re-released as Ultra Magnus, and re-released as Henkei Optimus by a sister company, and re-released as a translucent Henkei Optimus, and probably re-released again a couple of times as characters that I don't know about, Nemesis Prime was born! And they all lived happily ever after. . .except the foolish fans who were out of money, and who thus had to resort to eating their toys.

Uh I still think he looks kinda cool :ermm:

You forgot Shattered Glass Prime :P

Clearly Optimus is the new female lead in Grease, and he liked Danny Zucco so darn much that he got all leathered up at the end of the movie: Nemesis Prime.

Just got my Animated stuff in the mail, they really are great. Grimlock is competing with the TMNT line for my favorite toy of the year. Bumblebee's good despite the wonky feet and the fact that he can't stand anyway near Prowl and Blackarachnia without looking insanely out of scale. The sort-of-transparent-head thing to make the eyes light up works well, and they really did a great job making the robot and vehicle modes equally appealing, instead of sacrificing one for the other. Oh and Grimlock hate twisty ties!

Also, if anyone else uses BBTS from Canada on the basis that they ship packages marked as "gift" -- yeah, it looks like customs has cracked that impenetrable code, since I just got border fee'd.

Edited by battlecat

I found Animated Voyager Optimus Prime and the wave 3 deluxes today! Voyager Prime is about ten thousand times cooler than the deluxe versions.

Dear god they come out too fast. Thank god none of those have shown up here yet... Though I haven't dared check Target for Prime... :P

Well, I found the first run of Classics 2.0 figures at TRU today. I got Sunstreaker and Prowl. They are very good--much better when they are in your hands than how look in pictures, IMO.

Not sure if Canada is still a week ahead with the Animated airings, but this past weekend's was a two-parter finale shown back to back, so if any Americans are taping it this weekend you may want to add an extra half hour to be safe. I was a little annoyed when my tape cut off, but thank god for Youtube :)

Not sure if Canada is still a week ahead with the Animated airings, but this past weekend's was a two-parter finale shown back to back, so if any Americans are taping it this weekend you may want to add an extra half hour to be safe. I was a little annoyed when my tape cut off, but thank god for Youtube :)

You guys are. We get A Bridge Too Close next week! I can't wait!

A Bridge Too Close is absolutely top notch from start to finish...

Starscream clones representing different aspect of Starcreams personality. Cowardice, Egomania, Suck Up, Liar and the funniest one, the feminine aspect...

The awakening of Omega Supreme and his arse kicking of Lugnut, Blitzwing and the Starscream clones. If we don't get an Animated Omega Supreme toy with his full array of pop out armaments i'm gonna be majorly p*ssed!!!

Finally getting to see Blurr in his robot mode...

Megatron's obvious defeat, you knew it was coming, just didn't know how it was coming...

Sari finally being revealed to be what we all sorta knew from earlier episodes, that she's partly or all robotic and possibly reverse engineered from Megatron...

And so far i've only managed to pick up Deluxe Lockdown, Bumblebee, Cybertron Prime, Soundwave, Jazz, Prowl, Blackarachnia, Battle Begins Optimus Prime & Megatron. Voyager Bulkhead, Starscream and Grimlock plus got Leader Megatron winging his way to me now *nods*

But Ratchet, Snarl, Swoop, Swindle, Ultra Magnus, Blitzwing, Lugnut & Oil Slick will be picked up, especially Swindle cos i totally geeked when he came on screen in S.U.V

Edited by bruticus

Definitely the best episodes in quite a while. I've found them to be lagging a bit since the Elite Guard took off...

Got a kick out of Blurr -- he sounded like that super fast talking guy that used to do Micro Machines commercials...

Isn't everything Sumdac builds reverse engineered from Megatron? She's definitely a big step up from the quality of the other Sumdac robots though, which seems a little odd... And at least now Prime can justify taking a little girl on dangerous missions all the time.

I didn't know Jazz was out yet, haven't seen him anywhere...