UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, quick Animated roundup. I LOVE this show. For the first time since Beast Machines, I am buying toys because of the show, not because of the toys. As it stands though, I'm glad they're coming out in June as I need the extra time. Several new characters were shown at Toy Fair, including Soundwave, Ratchet, and some bike guy that's teamed up with Lockdown. Several class sizes of the toys coming out.

And most importantly of all, MORE ROBOT HEROES! *squee*

And on a sad not, Hasbro flexed it's legal muscle and shut down FanOfTransformers from YouTube, meaning no more Animated episodes from him on the web. He deserved it though. He was already selling Animated DVDs

And on a sad not, Hasbro flexed it's legal muscle and shut down FanOfTransformers from YouTube, meaning no more Animated episodes from him on the web. He deserved it though. He was already selling Animated DVDs

He has a new account as FanTransformers. (shhh...)

Open mouth tongue kisses for everyone! *is deliriously happy*

I've got the Revoltech Optimus Prime and Megatron. I will definitely be getting the Starscream.

I love the Robotech Revoltech as well. That show is near to my heart and I love my VF-1J

Okay, today's Animated episode was just amazing! I am so psyched for this show!

Was just about to bring this up. God, the show is amazing. Best TF series EVER.

Yes that's right, I prefer it to G1.

You see, G1 is before my time (slightly) and as such, has not much nostalgia for me. Additionally all of the Transformers are AMAZING. I don't know who my favorite is... but probably Ratchet or Blitzwing.

Okay, today's Animated episode was just amazing! I am so psyched for this show!

Was just about to bring this up. God, the show is amazing. Best TF series EVER.

Yes that's right, I prefer it to G1.

You see, G1 is before my time (slightly) and as such, has not much nostalgia for me. Additionally all of the Transformers are AMAZING. I don't know who my favorite is... but probably Ratchet or Blitzwing.

Hold your horses there buddy. Better than G1, sure. I actually saw that coming a while back and I agree. But better than Beast Wars? I'll admit Animated is good, and maybe it's the nostalgia talking, but nothing beats Beast Wars.

Here's how I;d rank it honestly:

1) Beast Wars

2) Animated

3) Beast Machines

4) G2

5) G1

6) Energon

7) RID

8.) Cybertron

9) Armada

10) 2007 movie

The last 4 don't really count. Most people wouldn't have put G2, but I did because even though it didn't have a show, it had an independant toy line, and the comic was the onyl viable TF medium at the time. I also really loved BM, especially the 2nd season. The first was truly crap, but the 2nd kicked transformers up a notch to what it should be. Unfortunetly it was too little too late for that show.

Okay, girlish squealy thoughts on today's episode. I LOVE Blitzwing. I mean, really. I love him. I wish more people were into this show. It feels like 1996 all over again. I think Blitzwing is just, how do I say this. Well, the fact that he is totally and truly crazy just makes me love him. Inferno was nuts. He thought he was an ant. But Blitzwing is literally arguing with himself over what he wants to become! BW, if any one else didn't get it, Megatron in the Ark was a vision from the AllSpark to Sari about what would happen if Megatron got his hands on it. That confused me at first.

Best lines from today's episode:

Blitzwing: "If I've told you once, I've told you a sousand times. Give me some warning before you use ze punch!"

Bumblebee: "Megatron? Big, scary dude? Didn't he turn into a fireball somewhere over Cleavland?"

Revoltech Starscream & Rodimus are supposed to be shipping out on the 20th of this month...

Heard about a lot of bad quality control with the Revoltech Robotech figures but my VF's are absolute love as are my Prime & Megs so hopefully Starscream and Rodimus will also have a high QC level...

And as for Animated...

It's ok, i'm already digging the Optimus Prime (Cybertron Mode) and Starscream figures (Already sat on my desk next to me) and the cartoon is a bit hit and miss sometimes but i've got expectations that it'll get better...

As for Classics, beyond my capability to put into words how i feel about it so i'll just say WOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Se, I'm the total opposite. I'm stoked for Animated, and couldn't feel more neutral towards Classics 2.0. They AREN'T Classics. Not like 1.0. They're more of the same random crap we've gotten since RID that just happens to be homages.

I know a few people feel like that towards Classics 2.0...

As for Animated, the cartoon is ok but the figures are what i'm all about. From what i've seen and handled imo they're the best thing since sliced bread...

Lugnut

Blitzwing

Starscream (Hated him at first but now he's in hand he just stinks of awesomeness)

Lockdown (Probably the one i want the most)

Oilslick

To name a few...

And correct me if i'm wrong but the release date for the TF:A figures is around June 22nd ?

I personally like some of the new classics, and dislike others. I think the Powerglide is awesome (just wish his paint apps were more toon-accurate--I guess we'll have to wait for the Japanese release like we have to do for Astrotrain), and I think that Prowl and Sunstreaker are pretty good. Good enough to buy, anyway. I don't care about the new characters that they are creating for this line at all (Tankor?). The one disappointment to me is Onslaught. I think the prototype looked terrific, but the paint apps ruin him, taking away nearly any resemblance to the original character model.

I like a couple of the animated character models, and will probably try to get a hold of some of the Dinobots, Soundwave, and Bulkhead figures (I see him as an animated Hound, which is the only reason that I might get him). However, I think that most of other characters fail big time, and I'm indifferent to Prime and Megs. On the whole, I like these better than the movie figures, not as much as the classics or Alts.

"Tankor" isn't now. He's Octane. They just lost the rights to his name. He also happens to be the only one I'll get. I can't believe how un-psyched I am about Classics now. The Henkei have got me all riveted again, much more then 2.0 ever thought about.

Yeah, Animated and Universe yous hit the stores in June. The new movie figures should be shipping just in time to be marked down. Good riddance is all I can say.

The Henkei have got me all riveted again, much more then 2.0 ever thought about.

The Henkei line is nice i'll admit but i can't justify buying figures i already own just because they've got slightly different paint schemes...

The new movie figures should be shipping just in time to be marked down. Good riddance is all I can say.

Gotta agree with you there. All i see on the shelves week after week after week is the same old figures. Bored with what's available hence why i've resorted to catching up on figures i missed the first time round...

And yeah, thought it was June that new stuff started hitting the stores...

Now hopefully Hasbro UK will get their act together...

Well, we can always live in hope :P

The one disappointment to me is Onslaught. I think the prototype looked terrific, but the paint apps ruin him, taking away nearly any resemblance to the original character model.

See, i like the finished Onslaught but what slightly ruins it for me is that he's not a combiner unit...

They had a perfectly good chance to introduce a new combiner unit but didn't take it and will probably fob us off with a repaint of yet another Energon Combiner...

"Tankor" isn't now. He's Octane. They just lost the rights to his name. He also happens to be the only one I'll get. I can't believe how un-psyched I am about Classics now. The Henkei have got me all riveted again, much more then 2.0 ever thought about.

Yeah, Animated and Universe yous hit the stores in June. The new movie figures should be shipping just in time to be marked down. Good riddance is all I can say.

Huh, I am completely unfamiliar with Octane. I didn't know they kept doing the triple changers after Astrotrain and Blitzwing (I guess that's after I stopped watching the cartoons as a kid; now I see that there were a whole bunch of them).

I will also be thrilled when the movie figures temporarily leave the shelves (until TF2 *yawn*). I can't believe how popular the movie figures have been, flying off the shelves. They look so butt-ugly.

Huh, I am completely unfamiliar with Octane. I didn't know they kept doing the triple changers after Astrotrain and Blitzwing (I guess that's after I stopped watching the cartoons as a kid; now I see that there were a whole bunch of them).

They had Springger in the movie. They introduced Sandstorm, Broadside and Octane later.

I will also be thrilled when the movie figures temporarily leave the shelves (until TF2 *yawn*). I can't believe how popular the movie figures have been, flying off the shelves. They look so butt-ugly.

Amen, brother.

I almost wish someone would fire Bay. I'd be dancing in the street.

Bay: I've already FINISHED TF2. I just need to do that simple thing where I film. No big deal. I just throw some people in explosions and call it a day... Acting? What's acting?

Paramount: No! No he hasn't worked on it at all. I'd never violate the writers strike.

Bay: YES, I HAVE, you dolts. I'm done filming. It can go to theaters next week.

Writers Guild: Here, we're suing you and the studio for violating the writers strike.

Bay: You can't sue me! I'm MICHAEL FRICKIN BAY!

Actors Guild: We're striking next.

Bay: Fine, I'll film myself as the star!

6 months later...

Lil_Formers___The_New_Movie_by_MattMoyla

BBTS has a preorder up for the MP Starscream Coronation crown and cape set. And it's only $14.99!

Damn. I wonder if they read my post from the previous page. . .well, I pre-ordered it, anyway.

As did I.

It's also available in Skywarp colors and in a set with the Import version of MP Starscream for $99.99, which is $5 more than their price for MP Starscream alone.

The prices have gone up to 20 bucks since last night. . .those BBTS guys sure are quick to account for demand by raising prices on stuff.

Also, why the Skywarp coronation get-up? Is there a reference to this in the comics or something? If not, then what is the point, and who would buy it?

The prices have gone up to 20 bucks since last night. . .those BBTS guys sure are quick to account for demand by raising prices on stuff.

Also, why the Skywarp coronation get-up? Is there a reference to this in the comics or something? If not, then what is the point, and who would buy it?

Good thing I preordered mine last night. As for the Skywarp set, it's probably just to sell more of 'em. I'm sure if there was an MP Thundercracker, we'd see a set for him, too.

Just got myself a Walmart Starscream so i may have to invest in the MP Starscream Coronation crown and cape set...

Doesn't look bad in my opinion but be honest, it's a fuss about nothing cos Starscream wore it for like 15 seconds before he was blasted into dust by Galvatron :P