UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Where do you live?

He lives in Cincinnati. Hasbro is using Cinci as an early test market for Animated since BotCon is there this year.

I knew they were using Cincinnati. I hoped they were showing up elsewhere! :D

I'm buying Bulkhead, Prowl, Starscream, Lockdown, and Bumblebee when I get the chance.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...and new Animated stuff here!

WOW. I thought the show looked unimaginably stupid, at first--but then I hear that Weird Al's doing a voice, and now these toys...those are PFA. Beautiful. I don't know why, either; I think it's the gimmick-lessness that draws me to them. ;) Gorgeous.

Edited by Alpheon

All this BotCon stuff is AMAZING!!!

Check out new Universe stuff here, and new Animated stuff here!

Some interesting stuff there. I'll only comment on the "Universe" stuff, since I don't like any of the Animated designs or toys.

First off, I was glad to see a re-issue Optimus, as I need a nice version for my collection since I've gotten back into these figures a couple of years ago. . .but 70 bucks for that, what seems to be a light-up Autobot symbol, a DVD mini-series, and a comic book?! No. The 25th Joes are releasing 4 figures and a similar-length DVD for 20 bucks. I know that Optimus costs more to manufacture than a couple of Joes, but not that much more. It seems that they are exploiting the willingness of Transfans to spend lots of money.

Whoever this guy is:

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...=1â„‘=49

I'm buying him. I love that figure mold. And I like that the cheap-o, KO quality figures are giving nods to the original G1 figs. . .I might actually buy a couple of those. Regarding the classics, Silverbolt seems like a strange choice, but looks good, I think Sideswipe's face sucks, Silverstreak looks freaky, and the Ironhide. . .well, at least they finally tried to do a G1-toon accurate version, though he isn't very good. A mixed bag, but overall, I'm not very impressed with the new stuff. I still think Powerglide, despite the lame re-coloring, is the main thing worth looking forward to when the Classics 2.0 line rolls around, but I'll pick up Prowl, Sunstreaker, and some others for nostalgia's sake.

All this BotCon stuff is AMAZING!!!

Check out new Universe stuff here, and new Animated stuff here!

Some interesting stuff there. I'll only comment on the "Universe" stuff, since I don't like any of the Animated designs or toys.

First off, I was glad to see a re-issue Optimus, as I need a nice version for my collection since I've gotten back into these figures a couple of years ago. . .but 70 bucks for that, what seems to be a light-up Autobot symbol, a DVD mini-series, and a comic book?! No. The 25th Joes are releasing 4 figures and a similar-length DVD for 20 bucks. I know that Optimus costs more to manufacture than a couple of Joes, but not that much more. It seems that they are exploiting the willingness of Transfans to spend lots of money.

Whoever this guy is:

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...=1â„‘=49

I'm buying him. I love that figure mold. And I like that the cheap-o, KO quality figures are giving nods to the original G1 figs. . .I might actually buy a couple of those. Regarding the classics, Silverbolt seems like a strange choice, but looks good, I think Sideswipe's face sucks, Silverstreak looks freaky, and the Ironhide. . .well, at least they finally tried to do a G1-toon accurate version, though he isn't very good. A mixed bag, but overall, I'm not very impressed with the new stuff. I still think Powerglide, despite the lame re-coloring, is the main thing worth looking forward to when the Classics 2.0 line rolls around, but I'll pick up Prowl, Sunstreaker, and some others for nostalgia's sake.

What "KO-quality" figures are you referring to?

Botcon was amazing! It was so awesome to see the new product reveals at the Hasbro pannel first hand. I have tons of pics that I'll be putting up very soon. I managed to find some of the Animated toys at a WalMart. A lot of the dealers had cleaned out many of the stores and were charging $20 for the deluxes and $30 for the Voyagers. I was able to find the Prime/Megatron 2-pack, all four wave 1 deluxes (Wal-Mart just happened to wheel out a fresh case while we were there), and Bulkhead. I'm so glad I found some at retail.

Y'know, these:

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...1â„‘=110

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...1â„‘=114

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...1â„‘=101

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...1â„‘=106

The crappy little 4 dollar ones that will probably pop up in dollar stores. They actually look like Happy Meal toys.

Edited by karamazov80

Y'know, these:

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...1â„‘=110

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...1â„‘=114

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...1â„‘=101

http://seibertron.com/events/fullsize.php?...1â„‘=106

The crappy little 4 dollar ones that will probably pop up in dollar stores. They actually look like Happy Meal toys.

You know the whole point of the legends toys is that they're cheap, right?

I guess so (I'm admittedly not very familiar with the "class" distinctions of current Transformers toys), but that doesn't take away from the fact that they are Big Lots/Dollar Store quality, and look like something from a Happy Meal. Like I said, I might still buy them b/c they are nods to a couple of my fave original toys, but they are still crappy-looking :)

I guess so (I'm admittedly not very familiar with the "class" distinctions of current Transformers toys), but that doesn't take away from the fact that they are Big Lots/Dollar Store quality, and look like something from a Happy Meal. Like I said, I might still buy them b/c they are nods to a couple of my fave original toys, but they are still crappy-looking :)

They're doing a Universe deluxe Hound, so I'd wait for that.

Botcon was amazing! It was so awesome to see the new product reveals at the Hasbro pannel first hand. I have tons of pics that I'll be putting up very soon. I managed to find some of the Animated toys at a WalMart. A lot of the dealers had cleaned out many of the stores and were charging $20 for the deluxes and $30 for the Voyagers. I was able to find the Prime/Megatron 2-pack, all four wave 1 deluxes (Wal-Mart just happened to wheel out a fresh case while we were there), and Bulkhead. I'm so glad I found some at retail.

Good for you. Now the rest of us have to wait till June 22nd XP

I think you're being a little harsh by calling them dollar store/ko quality Karamov. They are small yes but they are still well made and with alot of thought I think they're kind of cool. You are entitled to your opinion though.

I haven't actually bought any, so I may be wrong. I'm just going on looks alone, and so I have no way of knowing the durability of those guys, for instance. However, the only way I can see a lot of thought going into those is if you mean that they had serious cost constraints, and had to be creative working around that to do the best, cheap-o toy they could. I mean, their transformations are pretty much Go-bot-esque.

Honestly though, I am glad that they do cheaper toys for kids and parents that can't afford the other "classes" of Transformers. I live in a pretty bad part of town, and if the kids living down the street from me will get any TFs at all, I bet that they will be getting ones like that.

Also, though they may be better than some of the Big Lots KOs, I meant "dollar store quality" quite literally. They sell those kinds of official TFs at the Dollar Tree down the road from my house, along with Valor Vs. Venom Joes (I have bought a few of these from there) and some weird Animated Batman figures.

I couldn't talk the girlfriend & the daughters into BotCon even though it was in my hometown this year. Looked & sounded like a pretty good time though. I passed on a few of the animated toys the first time I saw 'em because I figured the area would be flooded with the convention in town, but I haven't seen any since!

Glad you had a good time in Cincinnati, God Magnus. Does this town rock or what? :buttrock:

Honestly, I don't know what's scarier. The aryan anarexic Barricade, or the few dozen 300 pound women wandering around in costumes of characters they wish to accept robot dong from. *shudder*

Fangirls: the best kept secret of the fandom... for a reason.

What I found weird was that everyone in costumes, aside from the Spike and Sparkplug guys, were all girls. Well, that and the fact that the girl in the Elita-1 costume was carrying around a clear plastic cube filled with what appeared to be piss.

Honestly, I don't know what's scarier. The aryan anarexic Barricade, or the few dozen 300 pound women wandering around in costumes of characters they wish to accept robot dong from. *shudder*

Fangirls: the best kept secret of the fandom... for a reason.

What I found weird was that everyone in costumes, aside from the Spike and Sparkplug guys, were all girls. Well, that and the fact that the girl in the Elita-1 costume was carrying around a clear plastic cube filled with what appeared to be piss.

I can just see the Great Fandom war now...

"Sir! The Otaku brought out the remote control Gundams! Our 501st legions are slaughtered. They've breached the secondary lines. Our lvl. 25 Power Mages are useless against their superior social ineptness!"

"I prayed this day would never come. May God forgive for for what i am about to unleash on the world. Send in... the fangirls..."

So my super-cool girlfriend got out of work early and hunted down the Voyager class Animated Megatron and Starscream figures. :wub:

I know that there is a Deluxe class Optimus out. Does anyone know if there will be a Deluxe class Megatron & Starscream available?

The only Deluxe Magatron I'm aware of is the one from the 2-pack. I'm pretty sure Starscream is only being released in Voyager class.

In case anyone's looking for the Revoltech Ultra Magnus variant, BBTS has put up a limited restock preorder thingy here:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Wow, thanks, battlecat! I've been hoping to find one under $50 for months.

Happy to help -- their main page is so busy I almost didn't notice it, so I thought it was worth a post!

Anyone catch the last Animated episode? Now that I've gotten used to the character designs, and the Decepticon storyline's up and running, I'm really loving it.

"Starscream, you couldn't lead a parade"

-- awesome...

edit: didn't think that counted as a spoiler, sorry (also didn't realize it was airing on YTV first, since they're usually behind on everything)

Edited by battlecat