UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Just got myself a Walmart Starscream so i may have to invest in the MP Starscream Coronation crown and cape set...

Doesn't look bad in my opinion but be honest, it's a fuss about nothing cos Starscream wore it for like 15 seconds before he was blasted into dust by Galvatron :P

Megatron? Is that you?

One of my favourite bits in the entire film. Well, that and this...

YOUGOTTHETOUCH.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Masterpiece Starscream turned up this morning...

He's a nice figure, don't get me wrong, but the tail fin section is absolutely dreadful imo and totally impedes the articulation of the legs...

Unless of course i'm doing something wrong :blink:

Nope, for how great he was supposed to be, he's fairly awful. Pop the tail fins off his hips and just keep them stored on his legs. MPS had a plethora of problems, none the least of which included is size, his frailty, over complicated transformation, blatant non-show accuracy and his lack over over all playability, due to lack of articulation and fear of breakage.

There are some cool mods that you might consider if you are so inclined:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.p...ight=starscream

I haven't gotten around to doing this, but I might at some point.

Nope, for how great he was supposed to be, he's fairly awful. Pop the tail fins off his hips and just keep them stored on his legs. MPS had a plethora of problems, none the least of which included is size, his frailty, over complicated transformation, blatant non-show accuracy and his lack over over all playability, due to lack of articulation and fear of breakage.

I did that within the first five minutes of having him and it does look good if he's on the stand, unfortunately it doesn't work when he's stood solo. Not really a problem as mine is pretty much always on the stand so i might increase the holes on the tail section to make popping them off a bit easier and keep him like that...

To be honest, i followed the instructions once but other than that i find him pretty easy to transform, Alternator Wheeljack on the other hand :blink:

There are some cool mods that you might consider if you are so inclined:

I haven't gotten around to doing this, but I might at some point.

Yeah see, he was a present from the other half and i don't think she would be too impressed if i went cutting him up and modifying him [ not that i'm worried about screwing up the mod in the slightest you understand :P ] but i could probably get away with my suggestion above

The prices have gone up to 20 bucks since last night. . .those BBTS guys sure are quick to account for demand by raising prices on stuff.

Also, why the Skywarp coronation get-up? Is there a reference to this in the comics or something? If not, then what is the point, and who would buy it?

Good thing I preordered mine last night. As for the Skywarp set, it's probably just to sell more of 'em. I'm sure if there was an MP Thundercracker, we'd see a set for him, too.

Prices have gone up again to 25 bucks.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search....iece+coronation

Wow.

Megatron Rising P1.

Best. Episode. Ever. The end.

/Spoilers/

Seriously, this had it all, with the possible exception of a human villain at the beginning. Megatron's body returned from last week, Starcream with Blitzwing and Lugnut. Optimus doubting himself, the Autobots fracturing under pressure. The Dinobots. Pure brutality when they ripped Ratchet's arm off and he was actually in pain. A Prime, for the first time since G1, actually saying "no, stfu" to a kid and taking away their giant robot toys. I wish they'd done that in AEC. But then it wouldn't have meant as much now. Blackarachnia, with Sari sympathizing with her. Lugnut not being a total idiot, and showing some intelligence. Funny jokes ("where's you body?"). Straight up anime style transformation. Showing how pathetic the Autobots really are against the Decepticons. Perhaps most importantly, not talking down to kids, in the fact that it expects them to remember what's actually going on, with no "in yesterday's episode...", while encouraging them to learn by using intelligent conversation.

And last, but far from least, Megatron's return. My jaw literally fell open when he blew the top of that building off while just hovering there. Very Duce Ex Machina.

I can't see a good way out of this next week. Maybe Sentinel and Magnus come swooping in with a fleet of battle ships. Aren't there only like 2 episodes left? Also, it'll be interesting to see if Sari trusts the Autobots again, of if she's going to be BA's spy next season.

Megatron Rising P1.

Best. Episode. Ever. The end.

Just sat and watched it and i agree totally...

Easily the best episode so far *nods*

Oh, and Starscream's transformation FTW!!!

Edited by bruticus

I'm so far behind on the new animated episodes that I'm going to have to wait for the DVD to watch them all in order!

I got my Revoltech Starscream in the mail a few days ago & I must say that he is awesome! I picked up Megatron & Optimus Prime once I saw the Starscream was coming out & loved 'em, but Starscream is my favorite by far.

I'm so far behind on the new animated episodes that I'm going to have to wait for the DVD to watch them all in order!

I got my Revoltech Starscream in the mail a few days ago & I must say that he is awesome! I picked up Megatron & Optimus Prime once I saw the Starscream was coming out & loved 'em, but Starscream is my favorite by far.

I picked up both Starscream & Rodimus and out of the two i think i prefer Rodimus. Don't get me wrong, Starscream is sweet but i would have preferred to have a few more accessories with him, like another head or missile launchers or just something other than the spare hands and Megs in gun mode...

Ha, I know how you feel. I don't have cable and I didn't even realize this was out yet!! I sure hope they hit DVD fast, because I was really excited about the new show! neo

I just saw some Target-exclusive movie Transformers at Target last night. It looked like mostly Autobots. They were the standard movie figures, but they were in robot mode and had some new sky blue highlights in their paint schemes. They were $9.99 and came in tube packaging. They weren't in the toy aisle though- they were on an endcap by the cash registers. I didn't know that these were coming out so I thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone else was interested, but equally as unaware of their existence...

(there were also Order 66 Star Wars 2-packs and GI Joe 25th Anniversary vehicles on the endcap, but we'll save that for another thread!)

I just saw some Target-exclusive movie Transformers at Target last night. It looked like mostly Autobots. They were the standard movie figures, but they were in robot mode and had some new sky blue highlights in their paint schemes. They were $9.99 and came in tube packaging. They weren't in the toy aisle though- they were on an endcap by the cash registers. I didn't know that these were coming out so I thought I'd give a heads up in case anyone else was interested, but equally as unaware of their existence...

Yeah, they're pretty much everywhere. Target is usually great with their exclusives (unlike a certain "Mart" which I shall not speak of). The four available are Bumblebee, Barricade, Brawl, and Jazz. Barricade comes with a red Frenzy, which goes very nicely with the blue one that came with Recon Barricade. That one's worth picking up just for that and the others are worth grabbing if you can't find the original releases anywhere.

Well, I finally saw some animated toys this weekend. Bulkhead seems to be the pegwarmer as that was the only single-carded character I saw at a couple of stores. The only other item I saw was the Optimus vs. Megatron battle-damaged 2-pack with the DVD. That set was pretty sweet though. I'm still holding my breath for a Starscream...

Well, I finally saw some animated toys this weekend. Bulkhead seems to be the pegwarmer as that was the only single-carded character I saw at a couple of stores. The only other item I saw was the Optimus vs. Megatron battle-damaged 2-pack with the DVD. That set was pretty sweet though. I'm still holding my breath for a Starscream...

Where do you live?