UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Anyone catch the last Animated episode? Now that I've gotten used to the character designs, and the Decepticon storyline's up and running, I'm really loving it. "Starscream, you couldn't lead a parade" -- awesome...

I really really liked what they did with Starscream. The bits with the reused animation over and over again was a bit confusing at first, though.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone catch the last Animated episode? Now that I've gotten used to the character designs, and the Decepticon storyline's up and running, I'm really loving it. "Starscream, you couldn't lead a parade" -- awesome...

I really really liked what they did with Starscream. The bits with the reused animation over and over again was a bit confusing at first, though.

Hey guys, that hasn't aired here (to my knowledge), so please use spoiler tags.

They don't have Cartoon Network in Indiana? I don't really see what was spoilerish in those posts, though.

They don't have Cartoon Network in Indiana? I don't really see what was spoilerish in those posts, though.

It wasn't on CN, but rather YTV. It'll by on Cartoon Network this saturday.

The bits with the reused animation was Starscream attacking Megatron over and over again, showing his many failed attempts at assassination. So the bits with him being dropped over the cliff are over a span of possibly days, probably not the same night.

Man, I LOVE these Decepticons! They are uber brutal. Megs freaking cut Sreamer in half! IN HALF! This show just wins my ever loving devotion.

Best lines: "Little ol' Starscream is immortal!" and "STARSCREAM!" "Sorry! You must have me confused with some other Harrier jet!"

So who do you think the double agent is? Magnus? Or someone we haven't seen yet?

Woops, my fault, then.

So who do you think the double agent is? Magnus? Or someone we haven't seen yet?

I'm thinking it might be somebody in

this teaser pic.

Woops, my fault, then.

I'm thinking it might be somebody in

this teaser pic.

L to R, Swindle (yay!), Jetstorm (freaking Jetstorm! I hope he's played by Brian Drummond!) Wreck Gar, Skywarp (in the show?), Shockwave (where my big yellow eyed, purple cyclops? Repaint of Lugnut?) Mixmaster, Blurr, Jetfire? (doesn't look like Jetfire) and Thundercracker.

Man, I LOVE these Decepticons! They are uber brutal. Megs freaking cut Sreamer in half! IN HALF! This show just wins my ever loving devotion.

Best lines: "Little ol' Starscream is immortal!" and "STARSCREAM!" "Sorry! You must have me confused with some other Harrier jet!"

That Harrier jet line was great too, the show seems to be getting a lot funnier lately. They even had Optimus laughing (pretty sure I've never seen that before) in the second Headmaster episode...

I love these Decepticons too, especially how much they outclass the Autobots, and that both sides know it and the 'Cons barely acknowledge them as a threat. In the last episode Starscream didn't even really bother fighting them at the end, just swatted them off and walked away (which obviously didn't work in this case, but was still really cool in principle)...

Saw Garbage in, Garbage out. I'm of two minds on it now.

The bad: The animation on this episode was sub-par again. It looked WAY too chibi, so I don't know what was going o with that. The dialog and/or plot seemed forced in some parts. Granted, I guarantee Ratchet is never an easy character to write for. It almost ruined the episode for me when he decided to fact the microbots on his own, because it was something he had to do. Stop being overly dramatic. Also, it seemed that they almost had too many things running in this episode. Not necessarily bad, but it felt a bit cramped. Since when do allspark fragments mixed with random junk equal life and an Autobot? Starscream I can understand. he

was alive, he has all the circuitry there, his datatracks are still intact. So bringing him bacl to life is easier than creating life.

The good: It was the little things that made this worth while. Namely, Wreck-Gar. I love everything about him, I like how they got his name, I LOVE Weird Al playing him, I love his pulling a bajillion and one things out of his back. It's awesome. Angry Archer was also good. Lugnut's "hammer" made it's first appearance, and we got to see his "Punch of Kill Everything" up close this time. Also, Megatron's twitch is pure classic win. It just took me back to Inferno and Megatron and "My Queen!" all over again. Speaking of Beast Wars, this episode really felt like Transmutate all over again, which is not bad in my book by any means. The mayor and his assistant I really like. I knew he hadn't spoke yet, but I find it very cool that he doesn't at all. And his assistant is kinda hot. I just realized i shouldn't have said that. Spike and Carley ARE Spike and Carley. My brother was gawking at me while I had a conniption fit when I found that out. ($5 says the baby's Minerva since they already have Daniel).

But by far, the more awesomest moment in the entire episode: "I dare to be stupid!"

So over all it was a high and low road between really great and just mundane and several unfortunate lows. I'm still not sure what I think but I'm leaning to rank this as "good" or "okay" next to the Space Barrnicales and such.

Since when do allspark fragments mixed with random junk equal life and an Autobot? Starscream I can understand. he

was alive, he has all the circuitry there, his datatracks are still intact. So bringing him bacl to life is easier than creating life.

My impression was that there was a garbage truck on the boat that was infected by the fragment -- and assuming it was even a little bit robotic, that would mean it was reverse engineered from Megs, like everything else Sumdac built. They did previously show an Allspark fragment turn assembly line robots into a mini-army (although they weren't really brought to life I guess), and Sari's key has brought other Sumdac robots up to Autobot-level life, like the Dinobots and Soundwave, so it seemed plausible to me... And like Sari's key, the effect of a fragment seems to be pretty inconsistent, otherwise that train Starscream rigged would've made for one big robot.

Anyway, I agree this was one of the best "random threat of the week" episodes so far, mostly thanks to the Weird Al stuff, and I also agree that Ratchet was way more annoying than usual. And geez, they didn't really do much of a search for Wreck-Gar at the end, considering they have no problem reaching the bottom of the lake. Ratchet gets one magnet-full of junk and assumes he's dead? Good job.

Since when do allspark fragments mixed with random junk equal life and an Autobot? Starscream I can understand. he

My impression was that there was a garbage truck on the boat that was infected by the fragment -- and assuming it was even a little bit robotic, that would mean it was reverse engineered from Megs, like everything else Sumdac built. They did previously show an Allspark fragment turn assembly line robots into a mini-army (although they weren't really brought to life I guess), and Sari's key has brought other Sumdac robots up to Autobot-level life, like the Dinobots and Soundwave, so it seemed plausible to me... And like Sari's key, the effect of a fragment seems to be pretty inconsistent, otherwise that train Starscream rigged would've made for one big robot.

It seemed to me that it was Sari's key that activated the fragment and led to Wreck-Gar's creation. After all, in the Animated universe as well as the movie-verse, the allspark is supposed to be the thing that gives Cybertronians life. Ah, cosmic McGuffins. It doesn't really have to make sense as long as you don't clearly define it. Also, I'm choosing to assume that Wreck-Gar started off as a garbage truck and was just accidentally deposited onto the scow at some point.

On another note (just because I want to post something without hiding it behind bars), I picked up the TRU Wingblade and Jetstorm today. They are neat.

Edited by God Magnus

How do you get rid of the bars?

The spoiler bars? Click and drag your mouse/cursor thing across them, to highlight the text...

If anyone lives in Toronto, they have Animated Wave 1 at the Silver Snail... which would be great if I hadn't preordered them at BBTS where they're expected in June. :rolleyes: Didn't think they'd get them at the comic shop, and didn't want to hunt through pillaged Walmarts and Toys'R'Uses... but oh well, get them soon enough.

If anyone lives in Toronto, they have Animated Wave 1 at the Silver Snail... which would be great if I hadn't preordered them at BBTS where they're expected in June. :rolleyes: Didn't think they'd get them at the comic shop, and didn't want to hunt through pillaged Walmarts and Toys'R'Uses... but oh well, get them soon enough.

Patience is the key to this game. Hasbro has already stated that wave 1 figures will be available through at least wave 4. I don't expect any problem with finding any of them since it seems none of them will be short-packed.

Patience is the key to this game. Hasbro has already stated that wave 1 figures will be available through at least wave 4. I don't expect any problem with finding any of them since it seems none of them will be short-packed.

Oh, I don't mind waiting, it was just a drag to see and not buy, and I thought any other potential Toronto board members might like a head's up.

That's cool that they're going to be so available -- a big part of the reason I didn't want to get them at the big box stores was how ridiculous it was finding that '08 Bumblebee last summer (my first attempt to buy a Transformer) when I could barely find one of the older model versions on the ransacked shelves. And then of course, after all the trouble it took to get one, they released a bunch more 6 months later and they were all over the place :)

As a novice TF collector, it goes against all my toy-buying instincts to wait for things to reappear instead of snapping everything up right away... I mean it's great that Hasbro does it that way, it's just so different from Minimates and everything else...

Animated: Velocity

Fanzone has a mother in law? Maybe an ex? Galaxy Quest reference! Slag! New character! Who is it? We don't know!

Augh! I wish these would stop airing a week ahead elsewhere!

DRIVES ME NUTS!

Animated: Velocity

Galaxy Quest reference!

That was my favorite part! Is it just me or did Master Disaster's logo look like a modified Maximal symbol?

DRIVES ME NUTS!

That's why this guy rocks!

I know, but I hate watching it on youtube.

I'm crazy like that.

DRIVES ME NUTS!

That's why this guy rocks!

I know, but I hate watching it on youtube.

I'm crazy like that.

Crazy like a fox... :biggrin:

I don't have cable, so it doesn't bother me much watching them on youtube as opposed to the boobtube. Well, actually the alternative is nothing...

I don't like FanTransformers though, the guy's a bit of a scam artist. I prefer ThorThor. He's got higher res videos in all their glory.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone doesn't know, it was announced today that there will be no limit on the number of pre-orders allowed for Thundercracker/Skywarp Henkei figures. You can get Thundercracker shipped to the U.S. for around $75 on eBay now, and this might even go down further. I'm on the fence as to whether or not it is worth my buying, but I love the classic seekers, and the Classic figure seeker molds, so much, that I'll probably give in and buy one. Anyone else considering getting one of these bad boys?

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, it's been quiet here. Has anyone gotten ahold of Animated stuff yet? I've been saving money since January, so when they show up here, I'm buying EVERYTHING that's shipping in the first shipments, spare the Cybertronian Prime/Megs and the two-pack with them. I'm waiting for Voyager Earth Mode Optimus Prime and Leader Earth Mode Megatron. For the uninformed, the first shipments have:

Deluxe:

Lockdown

Bumblebee

Prowl

Cybertronian Optimus Prime

Ratchet

Blackarachnia

Voyager:

Bulkhead

Starscream

Cybertronian Megatron

Grimlock

Lugnut

The Battle Begins Two-Pack

I saw the 20 dollar Starscream and Bulkhead at Wal-Mart, but I just don't like the style of the "new" animated figures much. That Starscream head, in particular, just looks stupid to me. I might buy Grimlock since his character isn't so dramatically different from his G1 counterpart, but that will probably be about it.

I saw the 20 dollar Starscream and Bulkhead at Wal-Mart, but I just don't like the style of the "new" animated figures much. That Starscream head, in particular, just looks stupid to me. I might buy Grimlock since his character isn't so dramatically different from his G1 counterpart, but that will probably be about it.

See, for me, I don't WANT the G1 characters again. That's what Universe is there for. I love the style. It is a very personal preference though, eh?