UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Transformers Thread

Alpheon

Did you spin it around?

He's got a good smirk...

Yeah, its ok, and I'm happy with him overall, but with either face, something about it is still somehow. . .off.

So what's yall's opinion of Animated? I was kinda turned off at first but I'm starting to come around. Some of it looks awesome while other parts still look trashy. I think it'll be the show that makes it or breaks it for me.

I'll withhold judgment, but I'm a fan of the original cartoon. In fact, I haven't really liked any incarnation of the Transformers past G1, so, I wouldn't expect much irrespective of what the cartoon was like. Having said that, what I've seen of the new toon doesn't make me very excited. . .

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jah, smirk makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

So what's yall's opinion of Animated? I was kinda turned off at first but I'm starting to come around. Some of it looks awesome while other parts still look trashy. I think it'll be the show that makes it or breaks it for me.

Me? I'm freaking PSYCHED. It looks absolutely amazing. The show seems to be very good (really hopeful) and the toys looks great! I love the style!

See, I could care less about the G1 influence. The only reason Animated makes me excited is because of the Beast Wars nods. I don't think I can express my love for Beast Wars enough.

As a side comment, I think that's a large part of why Transformers are so popular. Every few years a new incarnation comes along that grabs kids' attention, sells toys, etc., and I have little doubt that those a little too young to be into the movie will be that way with the new series. G.I. Joe has hasn't been very good at doing that since the 1980s, and that's too bad. . .hopefully the Joe movie will be a hit with kids, too.

• 3 weeks later...

So I'm looking to buy some Movie figures.

I mainly want Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Jazz, Megatron, Barricade and Starscream. There are so many different variants, but which are the best? I want them to be in scale (ie. Megatron and Prime biggest, Jazz smallest etc) but i dunno which to look for.

Any help would be much appreciated, as would a link to a UK eBay store with them.

Thanks

I like the coronation get-up, too. However, I wouldn't pay more than 15 bucks for it, and I suspect that they are going to charge more.

Regarding the Takara re-issues, do you believe the Omega Supreme costs about the same as the knock-off that was released last month? Those knock-off fellas should have done some more research. Also, I like the cartoon face on Bumblebee. I could be tempted to buy those if they were just a little cheaper. . .I guess I'm just too cheap/poor to be a true Transformers fan.

I like the coronation get-up, too. However, I wouldn't pay more than 15 bucks for it, and I suspect that they are going to charge more.

Totally agree except that I'd be willing to go as high as $30. Judging by their Classics Cliffjumper upgrade set, though, I'd say that's wishfull thinking at best.

Regarding the Takara re-issues, do you believe the Omega Supreme costs about the same as the knock-off that was released last month? Those knock-off fellas should have done some more research. Also, I like the cartoon face on Bumblebee. I could be tempted to buy those if they were just a little cheaper. . .I guess I'm just too cheap/poor to be a true Transformers fan.

Wait, are you talking about the Metroplex KO? I don't recall a recent Omega Supreme KO.

Also, considering what the TFC mini-bots set goes for these days, the Encore price is a steal.

Wait, are you talking about the Metroplex KO? I don't recall a recent Omega Supreme KO.

Yeah, that's right. My bad. Those big, clunky autobots just blur together in my mind, I guess.

And I admit that the mini-TFs are not overly expensive (particularly since they're imported), they're just too expensive for me right now.

Wow. That Starscream is flippin' sweet! This is the Starscream I've been waiting for, but never knew it. I've never heard of Revoltech before, so I just did a quick Google & it looks like these are $25. Not bad. Does anybody have one of the earlier ones? How do you like it? Pros/cons?

Also, where would you guys recommend ordering this from?

Wow. That Starscream is flippin' sweet! This is the Starscream I've been waiting for, but never knew it. I've never heard of Revoltech before, so I just did a quick Google & it looks like these are $25. Not bad. Does anybody have one of the earlier ones? How do you like it? Pros/cons?

Also, where would you guys recommend ordering this from?

I have the Prime and Megatron.

Pros:

-They are highly detailed.

-They are extremely poseable.

-They come with character appropriate accessories and extra hands.

Cons:

-No transformation.

-They are tiny. Only about four inches tall.

Cons:

-No transformation.

-They are tiny. Only about four inches tall.

Starscream was always my favorite character from the cartoon, but the no transformation thing is a tough one for me to overcome for a "Transformer," so I'm not sure I'll get this (though it does look great).

Regarding size, for the longest time I considered getting a Revoltech Megatron to go with my TF Classics figures (since he looks a heck of a lot more toon-accurate than Classics Megatron). But he's smaller than the seeker toys, and that is unacceptable for Megs.

I freakin' love revoltech! I only have one (an evengeleon) because of their rarity and price, but hes so amazingly cool! the size dosent bother me at all, i will be ordering thse two from the previews, and in the mean time try to get my hands on some more

FOUR INCHES TALL??? That sucks for $25! I thought that they'd be at least 6-8 inches tall like a regular action figure... <_<

Are the Optimus Prime and Megatron still available, or are these limited edition?

Since Starscream & Hot Rod are numbers 46 and 47, are there 45 other transformer characters available?

FOUR INCHES TALL??? That sucks for $25! I thought that they'd be at least 6-8 inches tall like a regular action figure... <_<

Are the Optimus Prime and Megatron still available, or are these limited edition?

Since Starscream & Hot Rod are numbers 46 and 47, are there 45 other transformer characters available?

Revoltech is not exclusive to Transformers. They make all sorts of Japanese characters.

Transformers only accounts for five of the releases: Optimus, Ultra Magnus (unarmored), Megatron, and the upcoming Starscream and Hot Rod.

Yeah, Prime and Megatron can still be found with great ease. I think you can still find them on eBay for closer to $20. Ultra Magnus, on the other hand, was far more limited and usually goes for about $50 these days.

Here's a pretty good scale comparison pic between Revooltech, G1, and Masterpiece versions of the three already out.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow. This thread died! Anyway, I got the Optimus Prime and the Megatron Revoltech figures for Valentine's Day. I am so glad you posted about that Starscream/Hot Rod release, GM! They will be mine too! Those things are addictive. I must've played with mine for at least a half-hour before Lost came on last night. Good stuff!