UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now let's assume for a minute that the follow up release to the blind bag assortment will be a wave of 2-packs (it could be boxed sets, but only DST knows for sure). How would you, the collector, like to see this wave executed? Would you like a mix of 4 pairs of mates from each of the 3 Predator movies or would you rather one wave / one movie?

Danny Trejo!! Looks like he should be easy to grab an extra & mod into Bubble Boy DT! :)

Also... I get a whole "lady vibe" from the thermal one (maybe cuz the head is slightly slimmer than the others).

And J, your twitter response made me spit soda!

Let me just say that these look fantastic! I really like the whole 'Legacy' line up where it isn't just characters from the first Lredator, but it's a series of Predators from different films of the series as well as other humans from the different films.

I can't wait to get my first predator and have him hunt down a ruthless Xenomorph!

I wouldn't consider myself a hardcore fan, but I can say that most of the Predators are different from one another. I believe some do share the same armor more or less, though. Here are some shots of the guys from the end of Predator 2:

y6pNDn3.jpg

iddFYfX.jpg

"Classic" Predator from Predators is only slightly different from the original Predator. Having said that, no reason you can't army build them to your heart's content if that's what you want to do.

Edited by karamazov80

I see, I appreciate your info, most of my knowledge about the variety of Predators is how many different versions that NECA has been able to put out. So I wasn't sure if there was a standard look or if they were all very different.

Probably only going to get Billy and the Predator from the first, how come there's no Arnie or Jesse :(.

I believe Zach has confirmed that Dutch at least is definitely coming, so he will be along in some form or another.

I have a question for the hardcore Predator fans. If I have multiples of the exact same Predator in the exact same armor, could you use that as an army builder, or does each individual Predator have a specific look?

Well, if you go by some of the "mythology" from the graphic novels, each Clan tends to wear similar armor, so yes, you would have many Preds looking the same (or similar). The movies were not like this. In Predator 2, we see a group of Preds on a hunting trip and most of the armor and all of the helmets were different.

Even in K80s images, you can see similarities in the armors.

I love them. Without sculpted mandibles, they retain the Minimate style yet have enough detail that you know they are Predators. The stealth mode Predator is awesome, IMO.

I have a question for the hardcore Predator fans. If I have multiples of the exact same Predator in the exact same armor, could you use that as an army builder, or does each individual Predator have a specific look?

Well, if you go by some of the "mythology" from the graphic novels, each Clan tends to wear similar armor, so yes, you would have many Preds looking the same (or similar). The movies were not like this. In Predator 2, we see a group of Preds on a hunting trip and most of the armor and all of the helmets were different.

Even in K80s images, you can see similarities in the armors.

Worst case scenario, you'll end up having to switch up the armor between the different color pallets of the figures.

These look great! In fact, they look better than I expected them to, but I'm disappointed that characters I want are being offered via blind bag. That kind of turns me off of line in general. I've got no interest in Danny Trejo and whoever the other guy is, and I can't imagine that the predators from 1 and 2 won't see some kind of release in whatever follow-up we get, and I'm not sure I need each of their costume changes. So there's one figure here that I want- Billy. I would probably pick up some of the predators if I saw them at an LCS, but that'll never happen. So even though these look good, DST hasn't really sold me.

These look great! In fact, they look better than I expected them to, but I'm disappointed that characters I want are being offered via blind bag. That kind of turns me off of line in general. I've got no interest in Danny Trejo and whoever the other guy is, and I can't imagine that the predators from 1 and 2 won't see some kind of release in whatever follow-up we get, and I'm not sure I need each of their costume changes. So there's one figure here that I want- Billy. I would probably pick up some of the predators if I saw them at an LCS, but that'll never happen. So even though these look good, DST hasn't really sold me.

I'm getting a case when they come out, so if he's got two in the case you can have my extra.