UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 64: Crouching Minimate, Secret Wars...

Zexion_Armando

4 ghost riders, 2 blaze and 2 ketch, 1 outdated and 1 that fits in for each.

50 ketch was neat but damn his 90s outfit needs an update. That wave 6 one just kills me, even with an extra champions GR head on it that body doesn't work. So many great supernatural characters Not made.

And Zach I had a long day and was super out of it when I read that Godzilla stuff. Just hoping for some more monster love, marvel or otherwise.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So where can we see all the photos of the other new minimates that are comin out, like hulk n cap. Im excited for the spidy animated mates and the Dazzler/ howard the duck sets! I wonder if they will all be ready for preorder after C2E2.

Here are the animated stuff: http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=13284&&page=2

Namor has had three MInimates, representing all of his looks except ponytail-with-business-suit.

I can see that I'll need to start a Kostis-style one man crusade for Hobo Namor at some point, but who has the time, and meanwhile this wave looks awesome. Especially cool to see that many female characters in there, been wanting Cap Marvel since the first costume reveal, and I guess this will be the first Spider-Gwen toy to market unless I've missed something, so that should score a bit of attention for the brand.

So where can we see all the photos of the other new minimates that are comin out, like hulk n cap. Im excited for the spidy animated mates and the Dazzler/ howard the duck sets! I wonder if they will all be ready for preorder after C2E2.

Series 64 is still in the art stage so not right away. Marvel Animated is at Walgreens, so it would depend on them what they do for pre-orders. They have done them in the past. Release date is September 4. There should be art pics in the C2E2 and/or Animated threads.

Edited by DSTZach

Only two figures from this wave that I have no use for, chickie Thor and chickie Spider-whatever. They look great, I just don't want them. The rest are pure awesomeness, IMO. Old school Dazzler?! Yes please.

I'll take an Arno IM 2020, Howard the Duck and Disco Dazzler for the win! Glad to see Dazzlers classic costume finally get the minimate treatment. Howard is an amazing left field choice and I'm curious what his look is based on? I'm used to the old blue suit jacket with the blue hat from his 70's series. I don't recall this look. Can't wait for Arno, an evil Iron Man should look great on the villains shelf.

Overall there's not a ton of stuff for this classic lover but I am happy with the stuff I'm getting!

Marvel changed Howard's look for the 2007 miniseries drawn by Juan Bobillo. I don't know if they've ever confirmed it, but Disney had sued Marvel about the likeness, and the thinking at the time was that they had changed him to be less Donald-like. You might think that, now that Disney owns Marvel, they would restore Howard's original appearance, but that hasn't been the case.

Old Man Logan and Hulk don't do much for me. I'll buy them because they're variants or figures already in my collection. (Should I read "Old Man Logan"? I'm feeling compelled to.)

Iron Man 2020 will be a long-awaited welcome to my Hall of Armors. Ultron? I'm getting Ultron'd out lately.

Iron Spidey makes me smile. I missed out on the Civil War boxed set and as someone who collects Stark's armors, this will fill a hole in my collection. The fact that it comes with arms, will presumably feature metallic hues, and includes Spider-Gwen is a plus.

Dazzler does absolutely nothing for me. I'm after Howard the Duck. Glad he's getting an acticulated body.

As for Captain Marvel and Thor? yes.gif

It's so sad that the lead up to Secret Wars has been a mind numbingly dull mess of nothing happening. Hickman is such a terrible writer.

Damn, terrible? Everyone's entitle to his/her own opinion, but I'd never call him terrible. Sure, you may not like him, but terrible means that whatever he's written has been devoid of any emotion, action, etc. Basically, it means that he's worse Bendis. And no one is worse than Bendis. I myself have found his run brilliat, albeit it slowed down a bit too much at times. It wasn't a classic Avengers book, but the story and emotion were damn great.

Why is everyone so excited about that Dazzler? I got into Marvel around the late 80's/early 90's and I only know Dazzler from the old 6 person X-men Arcade game so I liked the Marvel 47 figure of Dazzler. I'm a little confused about this one though.

Also, does Howard the Duck have a beak or will it be a tampo?

Edited by MisterMiracle

It's so sad that the lead up to Secret Wars has been a mind numbingly dull mess of nothing happening. Hickman is such a terrible writer.

Damn, terrible? Everyone's entitle to his/her own opinion, but I'd never call him terrible. Sure, you may not like him, but terrible means that whatever he's written has been devoid of any emotion, action, etc. Basically, it means that he's worse Bendis. And no one is worse than Bendis. I myself have found his run brilliat, albeit it slowed down a bit too much at times. It wasn't a classic Avengers book, but the story and emotion were damn great.
I actually like Bendis. His character at least have emotions, even if the dialog is garbage.

Today's issues of Avengers/New Avengers proves how incompetent he is as a writer. Rather than jumping into Secret Wars completely, we have to deal with the damn final incursion first.

We spent an entire comic watching Cap and Tony for no real reason. And on New Avengers, all the interesting exposition is glossed over or doesn't make any sense so it's a whole waste.

Hickman knew how many issue he had left post time skip (hell, he had a time skip because his glacial pacing was too much) yet he still squandered all of his precious time on the most boring aspects of his run, and hand waved the only good parts.

Edited by Zexion_Armando