UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Terminator Genisys

Luke made me a very excellent Tech Noir custom, and mixing together the future Reese's head with modern Reese's body gave me the Reese I want for display. The only figures I would really still care to get are T1 Terminator after he gets run over by the truck but before the explosion, T1 Sarah Connor, and maybe an updated police assault T-800 with bullet wounds and better looking weapons. Endo might could use an update too, though. We had Minimates out the wazoo for T2, so I think that's covered. We even got freakin' Dyson.

Edited by karamazov80

Dunno about minimates but I gotta say something about that trailer.

It looks terrible.

Oh my God it looks absolutely terrible. They did not set up who was who starting out so I was like "Wait where is this set? When is this set? WHAT ARE THEY DOING!? Why are they killing T-1000 again? They already did T-1000 and he was the best movie! But they couldn't stop Judgment Day last time why can they stop it now?" If the movie is anything like its godawful trailer, we'll be seeing the real nail in a franchise coffin until they do a full reboot. Maybe they can call it Terminators. Movies like that tend to do okay.

Yeah. . .

F0b3HQm.gif

That's brilliant.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the new movie. I'm excited to see Arnold return to the franchise, and I'm thrilled by the prospect of anyone other than Christian Bale as John Connor, but I'm not sold on the new Kyle. He just seems far too clean cut and generically good looking for the part.

Return of the King was good, I also enjoyed Return of the Jedi... I guess the final part of a trilogy must have Return of the (fill in the blank) to be good...

I actually kinda like Spider-Man 3, but I understand the criticism.

And, yeah this is pretty clearly a Trek style reboot. Arnold's there in the same capacity as Nimoy in Trek. And quite frankly, a time travel based reboot makes far more sense for Terminator than it did for Trek. The options for another Terminator were really limited without either a reboot or a complete change of focus

And, yeah this is pretty clearly a Trek style reboot. Arnold's there in the same capacity as Nimoy in Trek. And quite frankly, a time travel based reboot makes far more sense for Terminator than it did for Trek. The options for another Terminator were really limited without either a reboot or a complete change of focus

Arnold is very much the hook for this film after being little more than a digital cameo in the last one. Paramount didn't use Nimoy this much (if at all) to promote their reboot.

And while time travel is very much at the heart of the Terminator mythos, Trek is certainly no stranger to the gimmick. Rebooting the franchise while leavign the previous installments untouched is a great idea for any studio looking to grow a new audience while keeping the existing one.

I do agree that the focus needed to change for Terminator, although once again it looks like the twist of the story was revealed way, way too early. Maybe there's another twist... which Schwarzenegger will give away before the flick hits theaters. dry.png