UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

fwoosheyman, on 02 Aug 2014 - 18:15, said:

I'm guessing we are on our own if we want an orb.

we didn’t get a tesseract (yes, they eventually made the comic cosmic cube, but not for the movies) or the Aether so it’d be weird if they started making the artifacts now.

if we get an orb that’s gravy, but it’s weird the infinity stones are SO important but none have been made yet.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh....Yeah!

e15eabc2-ca9e-4aeb-a78c-2cf9f46572d3_zps

I lopped off both arms where they met the torso and drilled out holes and glued pins in the arms and tension fit them to the torso. I did the same for his head. I also cut off a hand from a second and glued it to his right arm. I glued the hand with the gun onto the other one so he is permanently wielding two guns :)

Awesome I thought that's what you did but needed confirmation. And how funny I thought of that with the hands but wasn't sure. You just have me the confidence to do it! Great stuff

Can batbotc please just work for diamond. He always gives us the figures we should of had to begin with!

If Brobotc can tell us six months in advance which outfit everyone will want after the movies come out, he's hired. But I would like a breakdown of his unit costs first.

I hope everyone realizes that to get a $5 Minimate from the factory to us to the distributor to the store to you, the original Minimate needs to cost far, far less. Once you factor in licensing royalties and packaging and development and new tooling, paint applications and tampos need to be measured in terms of pennies. Even if what Brobotc did with that great wash was reproducible on a mass scale, the more you add, the greater the cost. I don't think anyone here wants prices to go up.

Great mods, everybody. Sorry we were all given a minor costume. Not sure a supplementary set is possible, but well see how the movie does, and how the figures do.

Edited by DSTZach

Just to clarify, the only TRU exclusive is the Yondu set correct? The others will be in the LCS wave? I didn't see any differences in those 2 but don't want to miss out because of a minor accessory or deco change.

BTW thanks to whoever runs the DST Twitter account. I got the Yondu set ordered from TRU.com on Friday since my local stores have either dropped Minimates or are hiding them in a Hogwart's Express platform I haven't found.

Valo487, on 03 Aug 2014 - 09:02, said:

If the rumors of the GOTG showing up in Avengers 3 is true, I can't wait to see how DST handles that one.

poorly, obviously.

just kidding of course.

say speaking of mods. Are there any existing heads that look like John C. Reily and Peter Serafinowitz?

All Marvel movies are one-shots. None of them are evergreens. If product doesn't hit within a very narrow window of opportunity, retailers won't take it and then there's no way to get product to consumers, no matter how badly collectors want it.

Get used to one series at specialty and maybe another at TRU with a couple exclusive characters.

If collectors insist on demanding more product, don't go to DST. You'd just be preaching to the choir. Go directly to retailers like TRU. DST will be more than happy to supply whatever the retailers demand.

FYI All GOTG toys are buy one get 40% at TRU this week. I broke down and bought the Hasbro 2.5 scale Rocket's Warbird and Milano because of it....and another Star Lord pack and Rocket/Groot pack for customs.

does the sale include minimates? on the website it doesnt

It didn't at my TRU but I told them it was on the shelf with all other sale items and there isn't anything that excluded minimates in writing so they gave me the discount. I did it in a nice way, I think that helped.

wow i should have done that, I was a pushover and paid full price :P

I also bought two starlord guns and plan on getting some of those vehicles because I LOVE this movie

(I know there were some pics of the vehicles a while back, anyone with the GOTG mates know if groot fits?)