UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kill Bill

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know of another line of block figures that had a 'wooden' casket for Drac ......ironically (?) it was the secret chase 'figure' ......

......same line did a coffin for one of its Terminator sets .

Coffin or casket ? Apparently a coffin has six or eight sides whilst a casket has four ..........however it seems the distinction between the 2 began as a North American thing , undertakers your side of the pond began using the word casket as a euphemism . 'Casket' may well be what UK undertakers call them these days but just about everyone I have known that has needed one .....got a coffin.

For weeks I've seen this ebay auction which is a steal for an enterprising member who wants 24 coffins http://www.ebay.com/itm/Case-of-24-Medicom-Kubrick-Terminator-3-Rise-of-the-Machines-Set-A-NIB-/380885540972?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item58ae8c206c

-butthesnotdeadmate

• 1 month later...

How about this kind of coffin?

image_zps0d4ef02d.jpg

Sure it's only packaging but at least it's displayable.

I was thinking a 4-pack with the insert diecut to reveal Kiddo buried in her coffin. The backdrop could be the graveyard with the necessary trade dress at the top.

YES! The small voices were heard!

Less weapons and heads than I was expecting, given how psyched Zach had me. I wonder if those bamboo swords sheath into one another? It would only require one mold, and they could fold into a poll.

And I love the Mix and Match aspect on the package. Good choice!

PL, I had kind of the same thought, but it looks like we got only one female head. But still, I am HAPPY!

Less weapons and heads than I was expecting, given how psyched Zach had me. I wonder if those bamboo swords sheath into one another? It would only require one mold, and they could fold into a poll.

PL, I had kind of the same thought, but it looks like we got only one female head. But still, I am HAPPY!

Yeah, now that I've taken a closer look, there's only one dame. Still a great option.

Glad to finally see the "Mix & Match" play pattern called out on the packaging. Hopefully we'll see that on the TMNT bags as well.

If DST ever decided to revisit this 4-pack later with different face tampos, I'd buy multiples of that, too.

This set looks great, and I love the vibrant packaging!

Zach, have you gotten packaged samples of the House of Blue Leaves set yet? I think that was supposed to be the first set released, has that changed?

10471791_142903875879877_1136340002_n.jp

While you were absolutely right when you said that it would be a great addition, Robert and Barry actually had the alternate female head on the original design sheet back in June 2013. I just didn't know if it was actually going to happen, because I hadn't physically seen it, so I refrained from confirming it. But I'm glad it happened. Bamboo swords do not sheath, as far as I know.

Glad to finally see the "Mix & Match" play pattern called out on the packaging. Hopefully we'll see that on the TMNT bags as well.

I've added a "swap parts" callout of some kind to the Turtles bags as well as the next few waves of Marvel. THAT was definitely due to the suggestions of people here.

Oh, and behind the insert on the Crazy 88 set? Two black motorcycle helmets and three more hair pieces -- all male, I believe.

The thing with the 88 set is that even if you don't care about the Crazy 88 themselves you get a 4-pack of black and white suits along with tons of accessories. And everyone knows that suits are always useful for QC (normal Xavier, Agent 47, undercover Avengers, etc....). Oh and the HoBL set is great for Marvel fans because with 3 sets and some hair and face swaps you get the Stepford Cuckoos.

Edited by Kostisfire