UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive seen very clear pics of these that were taken down, they look good, id guess that they still need some work (same with the GOTG ones) but the idea is there

the wheelchairs are currently my favorite thing about them, awesome sculpts, past xavier's chair will make for some great comic xavier customs and it has a joystick controller for the user :D

I can't honestly say the thought of two versions of three characters (Logan, Xavier, and Magneto) has me thrilled about this offering considering how many X-characters the movie's boasting so I'm more enthusiatic about Winter Soldier and AS-M2.

Yeah - i know what you mean. I was really hoping to see Blink & Bishop. Still, I'm loving the past Magneto & Mystique. I'd be bummed if they had skipped over them in favour of only doing the future cast, and i'd be disappointed if we lost out on Future Xavier & Rogue in favour of doing a past-only line-up.

I'm taking a 'Glad to be seeing anything from this film' attitude on this one.

Edited by Nessex

Based on what we HAVEN'T made from the X-Men movies, which is a lot, I think Future Xavier, Future Magneto and past Mystique were all must-make figures. Ditto future Rogue, although we found out too late that she had been cut -- still, she's a highly visible team member.

Past Magneto just looked too cool not to make, since he's got the most superhero-y suit of them all. And although we've made a movie-suit Wolverine, Future Wolverine gave us a chance to make a new and improved one.

Past Wolverine I'm sure people here are less thrilled about, coming off of The Wolverine Wave, but he's '70s-tastic, plus I believe he will come with a bullet-riddled chest, which is kind of cool.

And Past Xavier... Well...

CAM03493.jpg

I'll end up getting whatever DST offers since I generally enjoy collecting movie lines. I just wish they weren't so tip-of-the-iceberg, which seems to increasingly be the case lately for a variety of reasons. Between TRU's reluctance to get onboard and DST being unwilling/unable to offer more than one series, it's frustrating to see so much potential untapped.

I don't think we can really blame DST here. Every single 'mate is a must-have IMO. I wish we were getting more but not at the expense of what we are getting. This movie is just so big character-wise that there is no way for a single wave to satisfy. But when it comes down to it, I think future Xavier and future Magneto will give us quality 'mates that can be qc'd into some of the other characters easily enough.

I wasn't implying a single wave would do the trick. It's just frustrating that when a character-rich movie like this hits, we've only got eight slots because TRU isn't interested and DST can't/won't offer more than one series and can't/won't revisit previous films.

I suspect that there would be adequate interest/support for a whole line, if not a couple of waves, of "X-Men Movie Universe" MiniMates. Perhaps after the inevitable success of this summer's DOFP. The Minis would cross all seven (has it really been that many?!?) films.

I feel the same could be true for the Marvel Cinematic Universe... a new sub-line that crosses everything from the films, to the one-shots, to the SHIELD series, and any new/upcoming series like the Netflix 4 or Agent Carter.

As things are currently managed, it really does feel to the end consumer (well, I'm speaking for myself here) that the wave apportionment is an either/or proposition. Someone like me who only buys comic waves ends up feeling like we're getting less and less as Marvel's cinematic ambitions increase. Four films this year? (X/Spidey/Cap/Guardians) The fanboy in me rejoices, the comic action figure collector sighs.

I'm actually glad in a way that we're only getting one wave. As much as I love the X-Men films and DST really does a great job with the 'mates, I wouldn't want to lose a wave that could be comic X-Men to get more movie X-Men in black suits. I sympathize for everyone who does want that, but we're getting a lot of Marvel Movie 'mates this summer, and as great as I'm sure they will be there's only a certain amount of time for comic based waves before we have to get ready for summer 2015. I think we're getting some cool 'mates from this movie, I'm just trying to focus on the positive of it. I'm disappointed we're apparently not getting The Collector in GotG but there are only so many spots available.

Edited by Valo487

I suspect that there would be adequate interest/support for a whole line, if not a couple of waves, of "X-Men Movie Universe" MiniMates. Perhaps after the inevitable success of this summer's DOFP. The Minis would cross all seven (has it really been that many?!?) films.

Inevitable? Given the number competing movies this summer, the questionable track record of some of the other films in the franchise, and the potential for this movie to be a mess (not saying it will be, but it could be) I think the success of DOFP is quite evitable. I can totally understand why DST wouldn't want to expand their offerings, even if it was a real option.