UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

"X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates

MisterPL

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as Channing not having great range? When has Gambit ever had 'great range'...? I feel like his character became pretty one note and that's why he hasn't played a big role in the books in years and has been bouncing around from one d-book to another. A big part of Gambit's character is is that he's charming and sexy, and Channing is without a doubt both of those. He's also got a sense of humor, and he can MOVE. Have you seen Magic Mike? He's doing back flips and all kinds of stuff in it. I would have to hear his accent, but I would say he's a pretty solid choice for Gambit. If they can write a great action movie, include a few other mutants... And put Channing Tatum on all the posters...? Call it a win for me.

Zach, since the movie's coming out soon, is DST at the designing stage of the minimates for this movie or are they already being made in a factory somewhere in China?

They're sculpted! Some sweet new parts for y'all. Should be at NYTF.

Yay! how many figures will be released? can you confirm if atleast 1 of the figure is a sentinel? the future sentinel looks great so i hope DST picked that sentinel :D

Yay! how many figures will be released? can you confirm if atleast 1 of the figure is a sentinel? the future sentinel looks great so i hope DST picked that sentinel biggrin.png

It's a full assortment of eight characters. No army-builder, sorry. Too many cool characters from too many time periods. Not sure we even had Sentinel ref in time, but there's another Sentinel we're looking at elsewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Some news from Toy Fair:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1722421/amazing-spider-man-2-green-goblin-toys.jhtml

» "X-Men: Days of Future Past" Minimates, which will retail in June for $9.99 per 2-pack. We spied a Wolverine (you could change him from old Wolvie, to Wolverine with his shirt off in the past); Charles Xavier in past and future wheelchair, and Rogue in a white costume, with classic comic book hair. Though she was reportedly cut out of the movie, seems we'll get some toys anyway.

Damn - I know a lot of people might think it's a boring choice, but i was really hanging out for a Rogue minimate after the Empire covers were shown and was bummed that we might not get her due to her screen time being majorly cut.

It's awesome to see that we're getting some of the past and future mates. I really hope they're right about Wolverine and that he comes with parts to make both, rather than taking up two spots in the line-up. I'm not sure if i read it right, but it sounds like Xavier might end up being two figures. Their looks are very different, so i wouldn't be surprised if we end up with two of him. I am VERY excited for his hoverchair, though.

VQaSFjF.jpg

Edited by Nessex