UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 2013 Fan Poll Boxset still happening?

The JC

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one of the "questionable" looks I think Zach is talking about:

3964b.jpg

This is the look I want, I guess technically this is "Blacklash".

Blacklash_(Scarlotti).jpg

This is the newest Whiplash design that Kostis is referencing, created in comic form to coincide with Iron Man 2. I wouldn't mind one being a variant of the other in an Iron Man themed wave, though.

460px-Whiplash_IV.jpg

This is one of the "questionable" looks I think Zach is talking about:

This is the look I want, I guess technically this is "Blacklash".

This is the newest Whiplash design that Kostis is referencing, created in comic form to coincide with Iron Man 2. I wouldn't mind one being a variant of the other in an Iron Man themed wave, though.

I forgot about that third look, and I actually really like it. And I LOVE the Blacklash costume, but it is pretty ridiculous. I meant more that the mass appeal for that one was questionable, while the multiple bondage references in the '90s one were of questionable taste.

So the same company that's about to offer Minimates based on Pulp Fiction is balking at that Whiplash costume?

Okay.

I'm not DST, I'm just a guy. But I'd balk at putting it in the Spider-Man aisle, that's for sure. (Not that all TRUs put Marvel Minimates in the same place.) I suppose we could offer it at specialty, but I don't think the costume is that appealing or timeless (or even long-lived). And I'm not a prude, but a customer has a certain expectation when they pick up a Marvel product versus a Pulp Fiction product -- I'd hate to have a kid get a hold of that toy and have their parents start a letter-writing campaign.

Cue links to bondage-themed Marvel costumes through the ages, I'm sure, but our Marvel line is ostensibly all-ages. Pulp Fiction is not. We do not promote every Minimates line on Minimates.com for a reason.

We do not promote every Minimates line on Minimates.com for a reason.

www.minimates.com/adults/bondage

Not a valid search results page? :confused:

Didn't someone have a profile picture a while back...?

;)

So the same company that's about to offer Minimates based on Pulp Fiction is balking at that Whiplash costume?

Okay.

I'm not DST, I'm just a guy. But I'd balk at putting it in the Spider-Man aisle, that's for sure. (Not that all TRUs put Marvel Minimates in the same place.) I suppose we could offer it at specialty, but I don't think the costume is that appealing or timeless (or even long-lived). And I'm not a prude, but a customer has a certain expectation when they pick up a Marvel product versus a Pulp Fiction product -- I'd hate to have a kid get a hold of that toy and have their parents start a letter-writing campaign.

Cue links to bondage-themed Marvel costumes through the ages, I'm sure, but our Marvel line is ostensibly all-ages. Pulp Fiction is not. We do not promote every Minimates line on Minimates.com for a reason.

Well, yeah, many comic book costumes look like fetish gear. "Concerned parents" will always find something to bitch about. It's what those zealots live for but I understand DST not wanting to give them any ammo because it's at the very least an annoying distraction. (The fabricated bullshit surrounding Disney's Merida leaps to mind.)

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have recognized that character as Whiplash. But I also think that AA would have to make quite an effort to make a little block figure as titillating or offensive or whatever as that image. Then again, some people get hard-ons over stuff like this.

So, yeah. Context. Bottom line is we need more Daredevil villains!

Wooho! I was bloody right! And Ultron has a buttload of parts! Nick is great as well as Angela. Normally i'd prefer another character but i've been reading a lot of iron man lately so i can't wait to add him to the armory. One question though, will Ultron come with normal legs?

Cue links to bondage-themed Marvel costumes through the ages, I'm sure...

Please, no. It's one thing stalking TRU every day looking for Wave 16. But having to hit up Madame Olga's Spank N' Crank Pain Emporium for the bondage TTA set would be too much.

Wooho! I was bloody right! And Ultron has a buttload of parts! Nick is great as well as Angela. Normally i'd prefer another character but i've been reading a lot of iron man lately so i can't wait to add him to the armory. One question though, will Ultron come with normal legs?

I gave them all the control art, as well. Looks like no.

522898bcdf282.jpg

Cue links to bondage-themed Marvel costumes through the ages, I'm sure...

Please, no. It's one thing stalking TRU every day looking for Wave 16. But having to hit up Madame Olga's Spank N' Crank Pain Emporium for the bondage TTA set would be too much.

I don;t think Olga can afford an exclusive. But Whiplash, Penance, Black Queen and X3 Juggernaut would make a nice Leather TTA set.

Angela is an angel from the Spawn universe who was recently bought by Marvel and traveled over to the 616 due to the fractures created at the end of AOU, she is now hanging with the Guardians of the Galaxy (though not really buds yet)

i gotta say, I REALLY REALLY REALLY did not want an Age of Ultron set

and now....I WANT THIS SO BADLY!

that Ultron alone sells the set to me, but Fury and Angela are awesome bonuses and I gotta say, the Tony looks pretty darn awesome as well biggrin.png

EDIT: Hey Zach, I know the control art doesnt show it but do you think Ultron will have a tampo on his chest block so you can display him without the extra arms?

and one more question, will Ultron have a sculpted face like the original mate or is the prototype what he will look like?

Edited by undeadpool

I'd swap Angela for ANYBODY else, just don't see the draw.

That said... I'll be picking this set up for sure, 3 out of 4 works for me.

An Image character released through the Marvel license? Yes please. It's an easy sell, and something DST got to do without jumping through any hoops. Just have her chill with the IndieMates girls if you're not a fan. We can always use more IndieMates. smile.png

Angela is an angel from the Spawn universe who was recently bought by Marvel and traveled over to the 616 due to the fractures created at the end of AOU, she is now hanging with the Guardians of the Galaxy (though not really buds yet)

i gotta say, I REALLY REALLY REALLY did not want an Age of Ultron set

and now....I WANT THIS SO BADLY!

that Ultron alone sells the set to me, but Fury and Angela are awesome bonuses and I gotta say, the Tony looks pretty darn awesome as well biggrin.png

EDIT: Hey Zach, I know the control art doesnt show it but do you think Ultron will have a tampo on his chest block so you can display him without the extra arms?

and one more question, will Ultron have a sculpted face like the original mate or is the prototype what he will look like?

Ah, thanks!