UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Birthday Elephant 2013

The Birthday Elephant visited me as well this week, with a well-decorated package:

attachicon.gifMMMV_BE_01.jpg

I got a bunch of Minimates, some cool Franken-Mates, a great set of paint brushes and a Kuma / Rolento set, which is great because that wave still hasn't shown up around here! Plus I got a very cool sketch card of Minimate Professor X.

attachicon.gifMMMV_BE_02.jpg

Many thanks, Undeadpool!

nice score there Boyd, but I recognize the artwork and it wasnt Undeadpool lol!

Luke - nice to see those sets made it with no issue, cant wait to see the last set once it gets there!

Jeff of the Miniacs

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a package from my birthday elephant yesterday

included were a bag of Smurf gummi candies, and a bag of "happy cola" gummi candies

a new mutant Mirage minimate

a QC Beast using wave 13Beast head, arms, hands and feet on a wave 9 cyclops body (cool)

and what im guessing must be an ultra rare TRU 14 Variant Rhino "Better Iron Man" two pack(see pics below)

also the identity of my BE was cleverly hinted at via some clues on the inner flaps of the shipping box, after some deciphering i got these answers - the Addams family, Calvin and Hobbes and and the Number 77

i must thank Lurch77 for being my Birthday Elephant,thanks man!

post-189-0-69000400-1362256365_thumb.jpg

post-189-0-17436100-1362256441_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

My package arrived today - A pretty sweet lineup of 'mates, including a nice little collection of flight stands, a couple of IM2 drones, two Terminator Arnolds, a Stealth Iron Man from MvC3, a much needed Daken, and a TRU wave 9 Wolverine... all of that, and a plethora of Snickers bars to boot biggrin.png

Thanks minimadman!

post-37-0-87747400-1363986906_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well apparently mine came in the mail a couple weeks ago but it was intercepted by my wife who decided that it would have to wait until my birthday since it was a birthday gift. Thank you to my gifter it was awesome. My wife particularly loved the card and the kids practically mugged me for the sweets so on behalf of my whole family thank you.

Holy CARP!

I received the most awesome parcel from my Birthday Elephant.

post-2737-0-08620000-1366438378_thumb.jp

An SDCC Translucent Red Blank

post-2737-0-53031500-1366438346_thumb.jp

Doom vs Wesker

post-2737-0-48475300-1366438295_thumb.jp

Some Chitauri Army Builders

post-2737-0-26385600-1366438365_thumb.jp

Some MORE army Builders, Both of which are favourites of mine. I missed out on the AIM Variant from TRU & am so stoked to finally have one!

And lastly.... but certainly not least.... Kneel before the might of GIDEON!

post-2737-0-75383200-1366438609_thumb.jp

This is JUST how i remember him. Gold arm bands. Red vest and no shirt! All his 90's awesomeness in minimate form. He even has the little gold ring on his pony tail. I don't think he could be more awesome.

I am stoked and very very thankful to whomever my Birthday Elephant is. I thought i recognised the address on the parcel, but before i had a chance to research the address one of my housemates put it out with the recycling. So, i have no idea who my generous and talented Birthday Elephant is- so please come forward so i can say Thank you for spoiling me this birthday smile.png

Ahhh - boyd! This is your work? Thank you - you were far too generous! There were some pretty obscure wants on my list & you went overboard in finding them. Thank you so very much. I felt very very Spoiled. You are owed a great deal of toy karma :)

• 3 weeks later...

Really glad you didn't already have the variants :)

Happy (belated) Birthday, Jeff.

I thought i had put a fake return address on the box to throw you off a bit, but obviously my work put their own label on. LOL

• 1 month later...

Got a lovely gift last week from our resident German member with the Deadpool avatar!

pzFY05C.jpg?1

Bob Harris surprised me with an awesome collection of comics and art that included the first issue of the series Robot13, a local mini-zine comic, and a super cool He-Man print! But he didn't stop there! The package also included the ever-so-cherished army builder Skrull! And finally, Bob included something that amazed me beyond words. His excellent Lobster Johnson custom! This was truly an amazing gift from one of our most amazing members! Again, thanks so much Bob!