UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thundercats Minimates

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for the "minimates will always be two inch on my watch" I guess

They don't measure each Minimate to make sure that it is 2" or less, or else we would never have gotten Hulkbuster, or Boogeyman, or Stilt-Man. :rolleyes:

Over the last 10 years there have been 3 Minimate "skeletons":

- 3" (Tower Records, the original - apparently the molds might be lost)

- 2.5" (designed for scale compatibility with Lord of the Rings and DC)

- 2" (The original Marvel and current Minimate form factor)

The proposed "Father's Day" Minimate children would have required a new, smaller "skeleton", which obviously never happened.

Even though the new smaller parts for Wilykit and Wilykat would make them smaller than 2", they are still the same 2" form factor that Chuck has stated won't change.

I forget what his actual words were but my personal take on what Chuck meant was that the 2" torso (body) will not change . Although you can drive a train through that argument (Daxter,Zic etc....) I would imagine that's the way he is thinking. The compromise we're seeing on these superb TC Minimates ,shorter legs, is IMO a great idea .....it's the way Medicom did it with kubricks :whistling:

wellity, wellity, wellity...

looks like my design idea for a child sized mate got used! http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10646&view=findpost&p=236016

I’ll wave my design fee in favor of this set getting out as fast as f**king possible since I must have it NOW and if the same set up is used for the Walking Dead’s kids (and please tell me it will be) make one of them a shared set so I can find an extra easily enough to make a decent Robin, please and thank you!

wellity, wellity, wellity...

looks like my design idea for a child sized mate got used! http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10646&view=findpost&p=236016

I’ll wave my design fee in favor of this set getting out as fast as f**king possible since I must have it NOW and if the same set up is used for the Walking Dead’s kids (and please tell me it will be) make one of them a shared set so I can find an extra easily enough to make a decent Robin, please and thank you!

Pretty sure this design predates that post (figures with these parts are actually in inventory now), but if you contributed to the compromise in any way, thank you.

Hey Zach, if you can answer this ( understand if you aren't supposed to yet) are the other parts , i.e. the head, and torso still the same? And is it just the lower arms and legs that are changed? By the way can you pass it along that this is one billion times better looking than slipper feet (which to me, are worse, than the dreaded duck feet)

This set is so fantastic, I cannot wait to own these!

Pretty sure this design predates that post (figures with these parts are actually in inventory now), but if you contributed to the compromise in any way, thank you.

Well I’m pretty sure that “pretty sure" isn’t legally binding in any court of law, Mr.Oat! I have a photoshop file AND forum post time stamped to when my idea went public. I can also find images from SDCC 2012 which show the twins on STANDARD BODIES, I can find control art which shows them with STANDARD ARMS AND SLIPPER FEET, and I can find your Slythe minimate with his slipper feet, if this idea existed for so long why doesn’t HE have the fancy new feet**?!?!

**because Slythe was already too tooling heavy to justify the feet on top of his torso? because the feet weren’t ready yet so the choice was made to release the mutants first sacrificing Slythe getting the new feet in favor of doing the Twins right? (which would explain why the plan was “two sets at NYCC.... if possible” despite both seeming being completely tooled at SDCC) I don’t know, there’s so many plausible reasons Slythe doesn’t have those feet it hurts my case to have brought him up.

(and don’t worry Zach, I’m joking, I’m sure you get people seriously saying “you stole my idea!!!!” because someone submitted to ASKDST “he, guys make an Iron Man Marvel Select based on his NEW movie armour!” and then wonder why the box doesn’t personally credit them, this ain’t one of those post, it’s a joke, hence the ‘wellity’, because anytime someone quotes Homer Simpson they’re joking, and if they’re not they’re the worse kind of person ever... my claim to the idea is no greater then everyone who said “you know who should play Professor X in a movie?! Patrick Stewart!!!!” it’s such a natural idea that for any fan to think their spouting it out is the first time this idea occurred in the universe is insane... and even if it was stolen from me (it wasn’t) my payment will be holding this set in my hands after purchasing it and releasing 8 months earlier we had NO Thundercats and now we have the core team, I got the better end of the deal in that case.)

(and don’t worry Zach, I’m joking, I’m sure you get people seriously saying “you stole my idea!!!!” because someone submitted to ASKDST “he, guys make an Iron Man Marvel Select based on his NEW movie armour!” and then wonder why the box doesn’t personally credit them, this ain’t one of those post, it’s a joke, hence the ‘wellity’, because anytime someone quotes Homer Simpson they’re joking, and if they’re not they’re the worse kind of person ever... my claim to the idea is no greater then everyone who said “you know who should play Professor X in a movie?! Patrick Stewart!!!!” it’s such a natural idea that for any fan to think their spouting it out is the first time this idea occurred in the universe is insane... and even if it was stolen from me (it wasn’t) my payment will be holding this set in my hands after purchasing it and releasing 8 months earlier we had NO Thundercats and now we have the core team, I got the better end of the deal in that case.)

Sorry I didn't get the Simpsons reference, I haven't watched in years, and I don't think that line is on any of my World of Springfield environments. I honestly don't know when they developed the little arms and legs, I just know that we use them in that mysterious new license I've been teasing everyone with, and they come out in a week or two.

I honestly don't know when they developed the little arms and legs, I just know that we use them in that mysterious new license I've been teasing everyone with, and they come out in a week or two.

I think I figured the line out, we've seen a rise in sculpted animal pieces with the Battle Beasts, Thundercats and SF X Tekken sets, now we have shortened limbs..........You're making a Shirt Tails Vs Monchichi line arent you!? Don't wait for the translation, answer now! :D

Zach,

Did you ever confirm if the shortened arms and legs are a solid molded piece or if they bend? Could you (re)confirm which it is, please? :D

And, I understand that this conversation is totally different from that in the other Thundercats thread, but why are there two of these?

And I will guess Smurfs for the mystery license. ;)

Edited by Onyx_6

Zach,

Did you ever confirm if the shortened arms and legs are a solid molded piece or if they bend? Could you (re)confirm which it is, please? :D

The facebook pics show movable joints on the shortened arms and legs

Edited by Shogi

Zach,

The facebook pics show movable joints on the shortened arms and legs

Um, which pics are you looking at? Because no they don't. Those line up with the position of the arms and legs, unfortunately.

Perhaps it's the perspective, but I swear the two pics of Wily Kat shows his right elbow at a 90 degree angle (2nd pic) and a slightly wider angle (1st pic) Also Wily Kit's two pics look like her left knee is at a 90 degree angle (2nd pic) and almost straight (1st pic) also the right knee seems in a slightly different position in both pics.

I think the problem may be that they didn't change the poses too much between the two pictures but I'm pretty sure they have all movable joints

Ugh. I had thought they were jointed at the elbows and knees, but the more I look at them, the more I think you're right, Dino.

If that's the case, I just got a little bit less excited about this set. I'm not sure I want kid-size mates that are basically accessories rather than actual figures. I guess six POA is still... okay... just not what I'm used to for Minimate poseability goodness. :confused:

Is this Chuck's way of telling us we can choke on our alternate-scale Minimates?

Edited by Lobsterman