UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU.com Minimates

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Street Fighter /Tekken WAVE ONE back in stock ,including both exclusives.......looks like another 60+ cases of them .

That re-stock is something of a precedent .

Also showing...... 4 packs of the Universal Monsters Wave 3 exclusive Princess thingy/Frank set .

.....whilst the TRU ebay site has a few surprises

http://stores.ebay.com/toysrus_W0QQLHQ5fSellerWithStoreZ1QQ_sasiZ1QQ_sidZ971018353?_nkw=minimates&cat_keyword_go=

Edited by buttheadsmate

Still haven't found the exclusives. :confused:

All four are currently available on TRU.com:

Guile/Raven

Zangief/Marduk

Rolento/Kuma

Hugo/Heihachi

Are you just looking to avoid shipping?

A lot of people are fed up with TRU.com

Aside from inconsistent packing resulting in shipping damage, and the Walking Dead mix-up, which may have originated with us, what exactly is the problem? I don't think anyone has had any trouble with the SFXT sets.

They are notorious for showing an item in-stock, but when you order, your order will be cancelled due to items being out-of-stock. An hour later, more stock will show up online, but you will probably miss the chance to reorder.

They have had general inventory control issues for years.

Edited by buttheadsmate

The main problem I have with the internet is the fact that I find it hard to convey my true feelings without spelling out what my feelings are .....I'm sad .

I was happy because I was going to report that TRU.com is showing the WD 1 Shane/Punk set.....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12898329&skuid=12774978

I was happiest when I figured how many they were showing (48 sets) & I was ecstatic when my trial run through the buying process was a keystroke away from confirming a purchase.......I bought nothing but the order would have been successful.

I was distraught when I went through the same process minutes later to 'make sure' only to find 2 sets in stock.

Anybody who thinks I'm getting any enjoyment out of this thread has got it all wrong & I'm going to confine my comments about TRU.com to this one thread .

By all means have a go at ordering those 2 sets because they may now be rationed or something .

Apologies if I seemed to be trivializing the TRU issues, BHM. (Your quoting without comment seemed to indicate you had no words.)

I really only meant that the SFxT sets had never caused anybody trouble that I knew of. And I guess I see cancelled orders as less of an issue than misshipped or damaged orders, unless there is a money-holding issue like with Paypal.

And I guess I see cancelled orders as less of an issue than misshipped or damaged orders, unless there is a money-holding issue like with Paypal.

Just an FYI, I've ordered 18 of the Lori WD sets so far and have zero delivered to me (20 if you include the two Michonne sets I ordered). My first order was when they shipped Michonne sets instead (while at the same time I ordered two Michonne sets they were actually Michonne). I then ordered 3 when they appeared later, only to have it cancelled almost right away. I then went to their site and saw 13 in stock and ordered them all. I received a confirmation for three, then another for three more, then another for three more and a last confirmation for 4. After a week, the order only showed three though and then it was cancelled too. To me, that's a huge issue. And as many times as I personnally have contacted their customer support about similar issues, I know that they do not try to fix the problems like this and their poor shipping. And to me, that's the bigger issue. And despite my constant checking of their site and ordered as soon as product is listed, I still haven't been able to order something from them that only they carry. Just my two cents worth.

For what it's worth, I ordered the Lori and Morgan exclusives from The Walking Dead and they each arrived in bubble envelopes. The toy packaging was fine.

Regarding cancelled orders, presumably due to no inventory, is there any chance TRU.com could order cases of just their exclusives? Chuck said back in July that pre-orders for this line in general were blowing away pre-orders for Marvel. Seems like TRU would want to adjust their buy accordingly, especially the short-packed exclusives. (Or should I say "elusives?")

Apologies if I seemed to be trivializing the TRU issues, BHM. (Your quoting without comment seemed to indicate you had no words.)

I really only meant that the SFxT sets had never caused anybody trouble that I knew of. And I guess I see cancelled orders as less of an issue than misshipped or damaged orders, unless there is a money-holding issue like with Paypal.

If I were to be honest Zach ,I hadn't believed that DST realised the extent of the problem .....I quoted your post as an acknowledgement to anybody who was still as sceptical as I once was . You've acknowledged that something is not as it should be & I wanted to correlate everything into one place as your comment in the SF/Tekken thread may have otherwise gone unnoticed.

The Paypal issue ,for me at least,has resolved itself .

If I have any agenda in this thread it is purely constructive & I mean to be positive rather than negative....telling it like it is !

TRU is still holding some of my money hostage from almost two months ago. I've been dealing with customer serice and feel they should rename it useless customer annoyance.

And I guess I see cancelled orders as less of an issue than misshipped or damaged orders, unless there is a money-holding issue like with Paypal.

Just an FYI, I've ordered 18 of the Lori WD sets so far and have zero delivered to me (20 if you include the two Michonne sets I ordered). My first order was when they shipped Michonne sets instead (while at the same time I ordered two Michonne sets they were actually Michonne). I then ordered 3 when they appeared later, only to have it cancelled almost right away. I then went to their site and saw 13 in stock and ordered them all. I received a confirmation for three, then another for three more, then another for three more and a last confirmation for 4. After a week, the order only showed three though and then it was cancelled too. To me, that's a huge issue. And as many times as I personnally have contacted their customer support about similar issues, I know that they do not try to fix the problems like this and their poor shipping. And to me, that's the bigger issue. And despite my constant checking of their site and ordered as soon as product is listed, I still haven't been able to order something from them that only they carry. Just my two cents worth.

Yes, this seems to sum up the general TRU.com order experience. In the event that you actually are able to place an order that gets shipped, you then have to hope that it arrives in some type of "collectible" condition.

For as much "collector" merchandise as TRU sells in store and online, they have yet to embrace the fact that these items they sell aren't going to be handled by children.

This is a fundamental change that needs to happen at a top-level of the company. Someone who truly understands that there are multiple types of customers shopping at TRU needs to implement changes to multiple departments throughout the company. They have embraced the "collector" market, but don't want to update their current systems that are in-place to cater to those same "collectors".

A simple change would be to allow the customer at check-out to choose what type of packaging they want the items shipped in, a simple padded envelope or a "collector-friendly" crush-proof box with packing material, then simply charge a small premium ($1 or $2) for the "collector-friendly" box option.

But again, if you can't even guarantee that an order placed will be fulfilled, everything else is moot.

Don't ever use a gift card with the TRU online orders. They cancelled my order and I had used up the rest of my gift card so I had thrown it out. I had to keep calling and it took them about two weeks to send me another gift card in the mail. I've had about 4-5 orders cancelled on me when it showed that what I bought was in stock at the time that I bought it.

For as much "collector" merchandise as TRU sells in store and online, they have yet to embrace the fact that these items they sell aren't going to be handled by children.

This is a fundamental change that needs to happen at a top-level of the company. Someone who truly understands that there are multiple types of customers shopping at TRU needs to implement changes to multiple departments throughout the company. They have embraced the "collector" market, but don't want to update their current systems that are in-place to cater to those same "collectors".

A simple change would be to allow the customer at check-out to choose what type of packaging they want the items shipped in, a simple padded envelope or a "collector-friendly" crush-proof box with packing material, then simply charge a small premium ($1 or $2) for the "collector-friendly" box option.

Seems like the most sensible solution, but then again, these things very rarely end up getting resolved sensibly.

Some of the stuff I read on here from you guys RE packaging is awful. Regardless of if its for a 'collector' or not, I wouldn't like handing a kid something that has been smushed, if say it was a present. In fact, id hate to think that my (hypothetical) kids had saved up their hard earned pocket money etc only to have something turn up like it has been sat on. The 'they're only going to open it anyway' isn't really an excuse from a company with as much experience in the market as TRU.

Remember when we were all worried we would have to pay 100+ dollars just to get the set on Amazon?

I remember .

God, those were the days. You remember some of the eBay auctions for those? I remember some poor guy, who must have ordered the all singing all dancing video game collector set, selling them as a preorder for about $85. Imagine their face when it all went t!ts up!

I'm still very very disappointed and disgusted that TRU does not put a limit to your checkout for variants.

Even a small cap of 5-10 items max would really help the community and just make buying a bit more fair.

I rather have Groundhog or BBTS have to click their way through 5 orders just to get 25 variants, than for the current system which doesn't limit anything. True it seems that TRU just "cancels" your order on high orders of variants, but that causes buyers to be irate.

I'm interested in hearing Luke's opinion on this since he also does not have order caps and I wonder if he has had to cancel an order in the past due to "high variant" orders.

I'm interested in hearing Luke's opinion on this since he also does not have order caps and I wonder if he has had to cancel an order in the past due to "high variant" orders.

We are happy to stay in business and keep our customers happy. If someone wants to order 12 variant Amy sets from us (which happened a few weeks ago and sold us out) and can sell them for a better price elsewhere, we have no problem with that.