UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU.com Minimates

That was also the one set from that wave I didn't get from my LCS. Now I'm tempted to pick it up from Walmart. It's the same price and they'll ship it to my store for free.

Maybe they made too many of them not realizing they were supposed to be smaller run chase figures.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When WD3 comes out online do you think it will be a fiasco or run smoothly? Do you think we'll be able to get multiples or will we order something and get the wrong pack? I've been beating my head on a wall all day, depressed that getting these isn't as easy as I think it should be.

There's a distinct likelihood that if they come online it will be a fiasco . The latest IM3 'mates listings are just pathetic ....4 listings ,no descriptions,no pictures .....4 identical listings for 4 different items .

if I weren't a generally rational person I'd actually believe that they do it on purpose .

As I type I can now see that the Walking Dead 'mates are up on TRU.com .....no descriptions,no pictures F@%cking Hopeless .It almost feels like an underhanded trick to force people to buy all four to make sure that they get the exclusive sets or, and I feel dirty even thinking this, a way to cover all orders by substituting in non-exclusives to sell through. I can understand not having complete information for the sample case but it is just stupid and/or lazy not to at least have the correct tags by the time they have full stock on hand.

TRU is incredibly shady, especially if you follow how they sell Lego. In fact, I heard mention that there's a lawsuit in CA over their deceptive practices of raising their already over-MSRP prices even further when they have a BOGO sale of any kind. Personally, I can't keep track of how many times they fail to change the shelf sticker and the item rigs up at a higher price at the register! Thank goodness their TRU-Exclusive Lego sets are also available at Lego.com or the Lego store (and always cheaper!)

I ONLY buy Minimates at TRU. It's extremely rare for me to buy something else there, and that's only for clearance prices. They used to be more fair on their Reward points, but now it's like $5 for every $150 you spend, unless you use their credit card. I stopped using it for the longest time, but I do try to use it mainly so they see I'm buying minimates.

But my main point is that TRU is intentionally underhanded on how they handle Lego sales, so it's hard to think their website minimate handling is anything less than intentional. They are a HUGE purchaser, and buy enough Lego that they can have their own exclusive sets, yet they have to gouge $20-$30 over MSRP on larger Lego sets?

Seriously, if it weren't for TRU's support of Minimates, I'd want to see them go out of business.

My TRU's manager confided in me last year that their top priority was to push those TRU credit cards to meet a quota. They've recently gone from offering 10% your first purchase to 15%. At a time when folks are trying to get out of credit card debt, these guys are pushing it like they're doing people a favor.

I want the old TRU back. Or maybe I was just more blissfully ignorant back then.

I worked at Radio Shack about 10 years ago (Shane may know where--at the Oakwood Mall), and they were doing the same stuff there back then. We were supposed to solicit the Radio Shack credit cards to everyone who checked out. In fact, I got dinged by the secret shopper for not doing it (I never did). I'm guessing this is always a push of these guys, because that's where the money is--take advantage and exploit in every possible way.