UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU.com Minimates

The main problem I have with the internet is the fact that I find it hard to convey my true feelings without spelling out what my feelings are .....I'm sad .

I was happy because I was going to report that TRU.com is showing the WD 1 Shane/Punk set.....

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12898329&skuid=12774978

I was happiest when I figured how many they were showing (48 sets) & I was ecstatic when my trial run through the buying process was a keystroke away from confirming a purchase.......I bought nothing but the order would have been successful.

I was distraught when I went through the same process minutes later to 'make sure' only to find 2 sets in stock.

Anybody who thinks I'm getting any enjoyment out of this thread has got it all wrong & I'm going to confine my comments about TRU.com to this one thread .

By all means have a go at ordering those 2 sets because they may now be rationed or something .

The Shane Punk set is again back in stock apparently ......20+ sets NOW showing

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12898329&skuid=12774978

This time I went a keystroke further & I ordered some so if anybody is interested in what transpires then I'll keep you posted.....if you're not interested I'll still keep you posted .

Edited by buttheadsmate

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm usually not playing the TRU.com game, but since they are shipping internationally... well I thought, just a quick browse. So, while I'm not familiar with all the surprising things that pop up - or rather not pop up - I stumbled upon something.

Did you know TRU hide eastereggs?

That was new to me, but some of you might already mention it. You see, if you search for Minimates, you get this list with about 67 items. What you don't get is Akuma. But still, he's there (Even with the buy one get 50% off offfer.) I was surprised. So I typed "Akuma" into the search thingy and what did I get? The NECA action figure and two costumes. No Minimate. Why? Because TRU hides eastereggs. That's why. How did I find him? He just appeared once, just one single time, as a recommandation for me. Brilliant!

Who else do they might have hidden?

• 2 weeks later...

TRU.com just upped it's inventory for searching "minimates" from 65 listings to 98. I know it *just* happened because I work nights and sit around, refreshing the page constantly in hopes of TRU 15.

So now we can see 33 items that are out of stock.

My heart skipped a beat when I thought I'd soon be ordering TRU series 15.

wallbash.gif

Edited by Mystery Man

Because they're ----ing with me, that's why.

Checking that sight 20 and 30 times a day for a month now, desperate for that TRU 15 bunch of Fantastic Four sets. They wanted me to freak out and fall out of my chair excited, then watch my face fall in crushed agony as I saw only a bombardment of old out-of-stock sets.

Crueler than watching a 12 year old run off with a shopping cart fulla X-Factor Angel/Warpath sets.

Edited by Mystery Man

Oh the law of "the Universe hates me" dictates that 15 will apear today or tomorrow while my funds are at their absolute lowest point and be sold out by payday Friday.

I can sympathize. When Zach posted pics of these on here and Facebook at the end of December/beginning of January I had no money and was anxious they'd come out before I had the money for them.

Then, the first week of January, I got the funds and now have to resist temptation to spend it on paying on my credit card bill (further) or going out with friends to eat and drink and be merry.

I'm in a staring contest with TRU.com, you see, and I'm going to BREAK those bitches.

Edited by Mystery Man

Well TRU just sent me an email notifying me that Lori and Terry were back in stock....a month after I ordered the set....FROM THEM!!! I honestly don't know how exactly they determine when to send such emails out, because it obviously is in no way based on when items actually show up in stock...

• 3 weeks later...