UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU.com Minimates

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

When WD3 comes out online do you think it will be a fiasco or run smoothly? Do you think we'll be able to get multiples or will we order something and get the wrong pack? I've been beating my head on a wall all day, depressed that getting these isn't as easy as I think it should be.

My biggest problem with TRU.com is damage during shipping. I have not gotten one single pack of Minimates from them that wasn't banged up to some degree. Second, partial cancellations.

That's weird! I've gotten decent packaging, but not like Luke's. It's funny to me the potentially billion dollar monopoly (TRU) packages like that, while Luke who is a man with his own store puts forth the effort to assure that everything makes it to point b safe and sound. Thanks Luke and I wasn't trying to take a shot at you if that's how you interpreted it. And also thanks to Mrs. Porter for her help to, she deserves some credit!

When WD3 comes out online do you think it will be a fiasco or run smoothly? Do you think we'll be able to get multiples or will we order something and get the wrong pack? I've been beating my head on a wall all day, depressed that getting these isn't as easy as I think it should be.

There's a distinct likelihood that if they come online it will be a fiasco . The latest IM3 'mates listings are just pathetic ....4 listings ,no descriptions,no pictures .....4 identical listings for 4 different items .

if I weren't a generally rational person I'd actually believe that they do it on purpose .

As I type I can now see that the Walking Dead 'mates are up on TRU.com .....no descriptions,no pictures F@%cking Hopeless .

Wow, those didn't last very long. How long does it usually take between seeing a sample case online and the packs showing up in stores?

It can range between a few days to a couple of weeks.

There's a distinct likelihood that if they come online it will be a fiasco . The latest IM3 'mates listings are just pathetic ....4 listings ,no descriptions,no pictures .....4 identical listings for 4 different items .

if I weren't a generally rational person I'd actually believe that they do it on purpose .

As I type I can now see that the Walking Dead 'mates are up on TRU.com .....no descriptions,no pictures F@%cking Hopeless .

It almost feels like an underhanded trick to force people to buy all four to make sure that they get the exclusive sets or, and I feel dirty even thinking this, a way to cover all orders by substituting in non-exclusives to sell through. I can understand not having complete information for the sample case but it is just stupid and/or lazy not to at least have the correct tags by the time they have full stock on hand.

It looks like theyre stocking comic shop figures on the site now too

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18330776

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18330566

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18331046

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=18330876

They can get these up with a description and bloody pictures why can't they with IM3 and walking dead??

TRU.com also sells items for Entertainment Earth so I would assume that's where those come from (which would also explain the higher price). Still, they are extremely inconsistent with how their site works, especially for the fact that they are the world's largest toy store (okay, I suppose you can say they are consistently inconsistent).