UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 3 Minimates -

Nessex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yb, these are totally amazing, and my favorite so far. I really loved the Miami mansion raid scene, and I would absolutely have loved to have gotten this exact 'mate. Awesome work.

Edited by Turtle

• 4 weeks later...

It wasn't my cup of tea, but I wouldn't wish ill upon it. Selling worse than the LiS exclusive might not prompt some decision maker to say, "huh, maybe we should do a box set with more obscure, fan-requested characters next time" as much as "huh, maybe we shouldn't do a Marvel exclusive at all next time."

One other comment from the Comic Con panel stuck in my head; perhaps I'm assigning too much meaning to it, but it still gave me a little chill: a kid asked if they would always do Comic Con exclusives, and the reply was roughly "yeah, we'll always do something, even if it's not Marvel."

Be careful what you wish for...

Edited by Lobsterman

huh.png

If it's really a toss-up between supplying demand and not offering them at all, I'm fine with ending it.

Personally I think there's a profitable middle ground in all that grey area to be exploited. This set was essentially a "Best of" Iron Man movie set. It's a great way for newbies to catch up so I hope it succeeded on that level. But I'd still hope that a $10 Lost in Space 2-pack would sell better than a $55 set of reissues plus two.

If this Hall of Armor didn't meet expectations, maybe the thought should be, "We should have just sold the Pepper/Tony 2-pack."

There was no "cooler packaging". Mine at least had a blank background inside. I've already tossed out the package. Pepper is cool at least. Yeah, I'm a sucker :)

I did buy 2 LiS packs, and I wish I'd bought more. This IM3 pack was just to "complete the collection", not because I really wanted it. I'll probably customize the armors into some unmade ones.

I'll probably break down and buy it for the same reason but it's not a high priority at the moment. Too bad Marvel wouldn't allow DST to do something cooler with the packaging because I'm sure AA could have done a great job with it.

It's a testament to the Minimates brand that, despite Marvel's restrictions (like not being able to show the whole figure), the Marvel line continues to thrive.

Edited by MisterPL

We aren't allowed to.

Set did fine, as far as I know. AFX only had a small portion of them at the show. And response on this board was underwhelming, but I don't think that will reflect the response at retail.

We aren't allowed to.

Set did fine, as far as I know. AFX only had a small portion of them at the show. And response on this board was underwhelming, but I don't think that will reflect the response at retail.

Which was the worst selling set of all time, Alpha Flight 1, Alpha Flight 2, or Thor? Just curious.

We aren't allowed to.

>We aren't allowed to.

Which was the worst selling set of all time, Alpha Flight 1, Alpha Flight 2, or Thor? Just curious.

Why don't we have a "Most negative post " competition ? Just curious.

I can think of many candidates for 'worst selling sets of all time' which have eventually become 'most sought after of all time' .

We aren't allowed to.

>We aren't allowed to.

Set did fine, as far as I know. AFX only had a small portion of them at the show. And response on this board was underwhelming, but I don't think that will reflect the response at r

etail.

I can think of many candidates for 'worst selling sets of all time' which have eventually become 'most sought after of all time' .

It was just a question because even though I loved the three sets, this is the first time I have seen an SDCC set not move. I know that there are several sets that picked up after time but a year later these three sets are discounted to the point that they are more than half off.

I heard a guy went to SDCC, bought the Hall of Armor set, and came home with gonorrhea. Just sayin'.

I told you that in confidence!