UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC 2012 Discussion Thread

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude... Maestro got swag. I like it. A lot. Better than Wolverine which I don't particularly need as they've once again skipped the two truly great Wolvie variations: Skele-Wolverine and the much lamented Weapon X.

So who's that with Airwalker? That's Firelord right?

It looks like the Wolvie TTA set will be made up of:

Gaijin/Japanese Kimono Wolverine

Astonishing X-men/Current Wolverine

Ultimate Wolverine Update

Crazy Venom Wolverine (did this really happen? Is this actually a thing?)

The space armour that featured in Fatal Attractions probably looked a bit like this & is being thrown in as accessories it seems. So - if you have a spare 90's Logan at home, you can futuristicate him :)

Didn't see this mentioned yet, but check out what Puppet Master's holding :)

EDIT: I don't think that's a Wolverine TTA box set as they all represent the modern age. That symbiote Wolverine was from a New Avengers arc a few years ago, I've heard the Space Wolverine is AVX, then you have his current costume and the Ultimate version. Through the Ages sets represent various eras, so it's possible that these Wolverine's could spread out over releases. Or it could just be a Wolverine box set under a different name. The later being most likely.

Edited by bigvis497

Found some pics with some artwork with the 4th Thundercats boxsets new figures...

http://www.thundercats.ws/news/thundercats-conventions-news-7/nycc12-icon-heroes-512/

It's Lion-o, Mumm-ra, Jaga and who is the last one ??

It's Grune. 4th boxset is a disappointment (Jaga repaint and Young Lion-O).

With all the major characters done in the first 4 boxsets is there any chance for a 5th with Lynx-O, Pumyra and Bengali? I was really hoping they would be in the boxset with Mumm-ra.

Sorry, sorry, I haven't gotten a chance to post until now. Long day. But a fun one, and I spent a lot of time with Team Minimates. I had long talks with Chuck, Robert, and Zach, and I don't think we say it enough, but those guys are AWESOME. Just a great bunch of guys, and I'm really glad Minimates are in their hands. So, some random thoughts and tidbits to pass on:

-You've seen the Hulk and Wolverine sets. Both were pitched to a large retailer that has carried Minimate in the recent past, but they said no thanks, so now they'll be solicited through Diamond. The Hulk set is very cool, but the Maestro is just fantastic. His cape is designed to slip over the powerhouse piece, so he'll loose none of his stature. The Space Wolverine is indeed based on that old Toy Biz figure, which Robert had as a kid. And the mask on that figure is based on Ed McGuinness' art. It looks really nice, actually.

-The Puppetmaster will also come with a suit piece, which is also intended to be used to make a civilian Reed Richards. And I think the Human Torch is going to have an extra head as well. Also, you can't believe how cool the Thing bust that comes with Alicia Masters is.

-I asked Chuck about two properties- WWE and Disney- that I think would do well for them. He said that they have talked to WWE in the past, but that Mattel's license is basically all-encompassing. So even though they're not going to do Minifigs, there's no room for DST. But you never know. As for Disney, Chuck told me that they did a whole bunch of designs for a particular Disney property, but then DIsney decided they didn't want to push that property. I'm not sure if I can say what it was, but OH MY GOD THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN THE COOLEST MINIMATES EVER.

-I got to see a package sample of the AvX set, and I don't think I can reveal too much, but I can say that it looks very cool, and that there's no surprises in the final lineup.

-The Minimate-only display is actually a separate room off the floor. Zach was setting up several display cases with a smattering of Minimates past and present. The most notable thing there is a Spidey MAX prototype, from Chuck's personal collection. Can't say I'd seen one of those before. Zach said they had a lot of back and forth about whether to show more promos or produced figures, but they ultimately went with the actual product. I think it's a pretty cool setup, and I hope a lot of people turn out. I was there for awhile, and there was a steady stream. Unfortunately, the DST ad in the program has the wrong room listed.dry.gif

-Bough my Alpha Flight and Thundercats sets, but haven't opened them yet. Pat from AFX is hoping to do a fifth one if the first four sell well enough, which would complete all the major characters from the show. Hope he doesn't mind me revealing that...blush.gif

Anyway, it was a fun first day of the show. Don't expect too much more in the way of reveals, if at all, though I was told there probably will be one more thing announced before the end of the year. Oh, and yes, I got my anniversary Minimate.biggrin.gif

Oh, something else I forgot to add:

-Chuck told me that DST's license isn't just for the Walking Dead, but for the whole of Robert Kirkman's Image properties. So they could do Invincible, Firebreather, Battle Pope... I told him to do Invincible.biggrin.gif

-Also, Kirkman has input on EVERYTHING. It's not just that he says "put Rick and a Zombie in a pack" but he'll say "make Rick look like this, and use this Zombie from this issue and this panel". Sales for WD look very good so far; personally, I saw several sets on sale at the con. And, in general, I saw a lot more Minimates on sale then I have in the past, which is great. I remember a few years ago when the only Minimates you could find were the ones at the DST booth.

Oh my God BATTLE POPE COULD BE A MINIMATE.

BATTLE POPE.

COULD BE.

A MINIMATE.

This should happen. Everything about this should happen.

Your opinion on the comic notwithstanding... IT'S A BATTLE POPE. Who could say no to a Battle Pope?

I should be clear that they didn't say they have any plans as yet to do Invincible as of now, but that they could... so please don't take this as "DST announces Invincible coming in 2013!" I'm probably not going to finish my Atom Eve custom, though, just in case.biggrin.gif

AWESOMENESS!!!

Thoughts:

tru 15:a new silver surfer!The tru one i have is kinda messed up so this one will be a life saver.ANIHILUS!Need i say more?And that full flame on human torch is absolutely gorgeous!The rest are great too!Def buy.

wave 48:we've seen it but it keeps getting better

battle beasts:awesome as always

sfxt:great

walking dead:awesome as well

hulk tta:One of the best boxsets!

strange tales:it looked awesome from the start and it's awesome now.

wtta:i really,really like this set.The modern wolverine looks spot on and all of the other look awesome!They might be more wolverines but i like them.

All in all,a fantastic nycc.Problem is that i still haven't bought wd1,sfxt1,marvel47,tru14,oh god i need to start saving.