UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

Don't know if everyone caught Toyark's coverage of the Minimate panel, but they've got good pics of some of the control art from this wave.

iyKi4.jpg

4dA6y.jpg

8kOT5.jpg

Thing bust is too cool. Each of these figures has new hair. That mullet is just phenomenal.

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This wave is how to do re-do's with class, style and quality. Much like the "Jean DeWolff" wave for Spidey.

Can't wait to see more pictures and get the figures in hand! That Alicia is wonderful!

... and maybe Puppet Master'll have some puppet-type accessories. At least a lump of some radioactive clay would be neat, 'though I don't know if most people would know what it was.

This wave is how to do re-do's with class, style and quality. Much like the "Jean DeWolff" wave for Spidey.

Can't wait to see more pictures and get the figures in hand! That Alicia is wonderful!

... and maybe Puppet Master'll have some puppet-type accessories. At least a lump of some radioactive clay would be neat, 'though I don't know if most people would know what it was.

Zach confirmed that Puppet Master would have his puppets, which is great :D

That's how she started, yes. In fact, Crystal was still considered Johnny's long-distance sorta girlfriend when she met and married Quicksilver. Johnny has been shown to have not completely gotten over Crystal, her not so much. Of course during that Avengers run, Dane and Vision were shown to have fallen for her. (especially creepy that Viz would start crushing on his former sister-in-law) She must just be that seductivly hot. Or at least Bob Harras seems to think so.

I'm betting it's not beyond even your sculpting skills to make a lump of clay, MM. If not, I'll take care of it for ya.:)

So I was just thinking... I wonder if the Thing bust will be one sculpted piece, or if it will actually have a removable Minimate noggin? If so, it might just be the accessory of the year.

Edited by hellpop

That's how she started, yes. In fact, Crystal was still considered Johnny's long-distance sorta girlfriend when she met and married Quicksilver. Johnny has been shown to have not completely gotten over Crystal, her not so much. Of course during that Avengers run, Dane and Vision were shown to have fallen for her. (especially creepy that Viz would start crushing on his former sister-in-law) She must just be that seductivly hot. Or at least Bob Harras seems to think so.

It's probably those black hair band things. They are irrestible. :tongue:

So I was just thinking... I wonder if the Thing bust will be one sculpted piece, or if it will actually have a removable Minimate noggin? If so, it might just be the accessory of the year.

What would you do with a grey Thing noggin?

Well, nothing probably, but it would just be cool. Don't burst my bubble here, okay?:verymad:

I'm betting it's not beyond even your sculpting skills to make a lump of clay, MM. If not, I'll take care of it for ya.:)

Hey, thanks a bunch! :D

i know ill be buying an extra sue to use for She Hulk (if they dont make her FF look that is) as well as an extra Reed for flamed off Johnny...heck im buying extra's of this entire wave....so is the line up:

Reed Richards/Sue Storm

Johnny Storm/Blastarr

Puppet Master/Moloid

Alicia Masters/Moloid

?

if so, that'd be awesome, though to be honest, any line up means i end up with extras of those impressive bases for sue and johnny as well as the stretchy parts for reed (the extras i plan to paint black and use on the other Mister Fantastic's) and extra of those Blastarr hand blasts, assuming they are detachable, which they look to be

IIRC, Sue went with the mullet right after she went Evil.

Zach, for the love of God, man, you put those sideburns to bed. We'll just invent any information we're missing and have rampant irresponible speculation passing as fact while you get your rest. Pleasant dreams. :whistling:

So we've Mole Man, soon with Moloids. Now we need to find some compatible Kirby style monsters. Hey, that might make an interesting series of banks...

a suit jacket? could you elaborate?

It's an overgarment worn as formal attire, usually with matching pants or "slacks." Not to be confused with a tracksuit jacket, the lack of which in Minimate form can only be a sign of DST's anti-Eastern European bias.

a suit jacket? could you elaborate?

It's an overgarment worn as formal attire, usually with matching pants or "slacks." Not to be confused with a tracksuit jacket, the lack of which in Minimate form can only be a sign of DST's anti-Eastern European bias.

that clears everything up

But it's neat that they're including the mullet for Sue, as she wore one in Byrne's era of FF... which these blue/white costumes are also from.

Funny thing is, Byrne made that haircut work. I think it must be his greatest accomplishment as an artist.

Hopefully, the TRU wave will feature the Frightful Four (Wizard, Sandman, Trapster, Medusa), Annihilus, Ronan, Dragon Man, and Psycho–Man. I know those won't be the ones chosen, but a man can dream can't he? :biggrin:

Edited by mtd20_2000