UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

I think i have enough of the main F4 roster for now. I'd only be really excited in a new F4 wave if it meant getting some more villains like Annihilus or Ronan or substitute members like She-Hulk or Ms Marvel in their F4 duds. Or maybe even someone really wacky & obscure like Psycho Man!

The FF are severely lacking in villains. I mean, besides Doom, Super-Skrull, Skrulls, Sandman (to be fair, he was a member of the Frightful Four), and Mole Man, what other FF villains do we have 'mates of?

Compare that to Spider-Man, where we have Kingpin, Doc Ock, Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven, Electro, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, Menace, Mister Negative, Tarantula, Scorpion, Shocker, Rhino...

Add Galactus and Terrex, but that's about it. It's a general problem with Marvel Minimates, though, in that they haven't gone very deep into the benches of most villain rosters, outside of Spidey and the X-Men. The only Thor villains we've gotten, for example, are Loki and the Absorbing Man, unless you count the Destroyer (which I do).

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind a Minimate of Doom 2099...

Maybe after they did all of your top 15 wants listed in your signature. Maybe...

Yeah, I'd buy one, but he's so low on my priorities, mainly because he never interacts from anyone else I'd display from a FF wave. And I wouldn't really want a 2099 wave.

He interacted with the Fantastic Four once in issue 413. It was terrible, but they still crossed paths.

Meanwhile, I can't shake the feeling of how cool it would be to have a 'future wave'. A redo of Spidey 2099, Doom 2099, Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc. I think that's a wave destined for an LCS near you.

I wouldn't mind a Minimate of Doom 2099...

Maybe after they did all of your top 15 wants listed in your signature. Maybe...

Yeah, I'd buy one, but he's so low on my priorities, mainly because he never interacts from anyone else I'd display from a FF wave. And I wouldn't really want a 2099 wave.

He interacted with the Fantastic Four once in issue 413. It was terrible, but they still crossed paths.

Meanwhile, I can't shake the feeling of how cool it would be to have a 'future wave'. A redo of Spidey 2099, Doom 2099, Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc. I think that's a wave destined for an LCS near you.

That would be awesome.

I mentioned this a few pages back, so I figure with the new wave 48 FF talk it's worth re-visiting my choices/predictions.

I'm really thinking waves 48 and 49 are Fantastic 4 and new Uncanny(to compliment the AvX set).

Well, Spider-Man, Cap, Thor, Avengers have all had recent waves. X-Men, Daredevil, Hulk & Venom are all part of upcoming stuff. That leaves Iron Man(also represented in the Avengers' waves), and Fantastic Four. Thing had recent minimates, but the rest are due upgrades, possibly in blue/white. Mister Fantastic(new SS arm)/She-Hulk(F4), Thing (F4 tank w/pants & boots)/Johnny(new flame on pieces), Invisible Woman(sleeveless w/4 cutout)/Moloid, variant Sue as Malice/Moloid.

Tru compliment set: Gorgon/Triton, Medusa/crystal... Or Karnak.

If we get a FF wave, which I think is very likely, I think it would include all the mains, but possibly spread over LCS and TRU. This is what I would like to see:

LCS-

Sue In Costume X (w/ alternate invisible pieces a la TRU 8)/Psycho Man

Johnny Storm in Costume X (Flame Off)/Crystal

Thing in Costume X/Moloid

Variant SW Ben Grimm/Moloid

TRU-

Sue (Visible White Future Foundation)/Doom (Future Foundation) @ 2 per case

She Hulk (FF Uniform)/Amazing Bag Man @ 2 per case

Flame on Johnny/Wizard @ 4 per case

Mr. Fantastic In Costume X/Annihilus @ 4 per case

Or swap out Wizard for Puppet Master and give us a Frightful Four 4-pack ;)

Or swap out Annihilus for Puppet Master and give us an Annihilation Wave :thumbsup:

I love all of these ideas. The only 'Thing' i'd change is the variant SW Ben Grimm - make it a She-Thing instead and i'd be sold.

I'm not quite sure why so many people have focused on the FF...It feels like the TRU wave just came out, but I guess it will be over two years by the time this wave would hit, and we haven't seen them in comic book stores for ages. So, they'd be okay, I guess. I would prefer the black and white Byrne costumes, but I've got a feeling we'll get the short sleeve look. Frankly, just pair them up with some good villains (Wizard, Medusa, Trapster, Diablo, and DRAGON MAN!) and I'm good.

I'm not quite sure why so many people have focused on the FF...It feels like the TRU wave just came out, but I guess it will be over two years by the time this wave would hit, and we haven't seen them in comic book stores for ages. So, they'd be okay, I guess. I would prefer the black and white Byrne costumes, but I've got a feeling we'll get the short sleeve look. Frankly, just pair them up with some good villains (Wizard, Medusa, Trapster, Diablo, and DRAGON MAN!) and I'm good.

You mean Paste Pot Pete? :D

*runs*

• 4 weeks later...

Been waiting on Moloids since the army builders started so that's awesome, and Reed's stretchy neck and giant Minimate hand look great!

I guess I'm spoiled by all the pack-ins we've gotten lately for making alternate looks, but at this point I would've expected Sue's solid legs/arms and different hairpiece to be extra parts rather than a variant -- unless they've left a mate out of the display or something and she's not. If she is that's gotta be the least different variant in years, maybe since bolty Iron Man?

Edited by battlecat

I suppose thing is in the tru wave with airwalker/firelord.Could he be packed with ronan?

Great call. Am I remembering correctly that Wave 14 is to be a companion to Wave 48 but no repeats between sets?

If so, I think we will see another Inhuman or two in Wave 14. But Airwalker/Firelord makes perfect sense to go with an FF wave. I also think She-Hulk in FF uniform will be in the TRU wave.

My money is on Johnny Storm & Transformation Johnny Storm being the variants packed with the Moiloids so hopefully Sue will have non invisible parts.

Considering the inclusion of Puppet Master I'm betting Thing will come with Alicia Masters.

I guess I'm spoiled by all the pack-ins we've gotten lately for making alternate looks, but at this point I would've expected Sue's solid legs/arms and different hairpiece to be extra parts rather than a variant -- unless they've left a mate out of the display or something and she's not. If she is that's gotta be the least different variant in years, maybe since bolty Iron Man?

According to the Facebook page, "Second blonde woman is an alternate hairpiece and solid arms and legs for Invisible Woman."

I suppose thing is in the tru wave with airwalker/firelord.Could he be packed with ronan?

Zach mentioned the corresponding TRU wave would have Airwalker/Firelord (the unmade ones from Heralds of Galactus).

And that would be wave 16? Cause wave 15 is supposed to hit this October.