UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

Just a guess.

Totally spit balling and speculating:

it's a Fantastic Four themed wave. The FF haven't gotten any LCS love in a long, long time. They have enough costume variations etc to carry a wave, a ton of secondary and supporting characters, and visually interesting villains that remain unmade. And they celebrated issue number 600 relatively recently.

Just a guess.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a guess.

it's a Fantastic Four themed wave. The FF haven't gotten any LCS love in a long, long time. They have enough costume variations etc to carry a wave, a ton of secondary and supporting characters, and visually interesting villains that remain unmade. And they celebrated issue number 600 relatively recently.

Just a guess.

I wouldn't mind some new FF villains. :D

Wave 48 will be a comic book wave for sure, wave 49 will probably be Iron Man 3 which if the leaked set pics are true that means updated Iron Patriot :)

I know all the sites are listing that as Iron Patriot, but I'd be shocked if it isn't actually Detroit Steel. ESPECIALLY if he's getting CGI legs.

Just a guess.

Just a guess.

And I think in one askdst Chuck said that they had plans for more ff mates(I'm not sure though).

I'd like to see the Fantastic Four supporting cast more fleshed out, the only problem is if they feel the need to include the Four that leaves us with only one new character, an army builder and a variant, so if they revisit the Fantastic Four they need to either leave out some of the Four or the TRU wave has to tie to it to allow for more new characters.

I do think the Four are probably one of the biggest unexplored areas in terms of characters represented, with the exception of maybe the Hulk. Daredevil has them both beat, but I doubt that's changing any time soon. I mean in terms of long running headlining characters with their own book.

When people were complaining about poll number one, and whether or not Thing constituted an A-Lister, Zach had said (and I'm paraphrasing) something along the lines of if Rocky Thing won (and he didn't think he would) we'd likely probably only see one Thing release between now and then, tops...

And I took that to mean the one we already know is coming in the Worthy/Mighty sets...

Didn't seem like he was speaking from a place that puts Fantastic Four on the radar, but then who knows, I could be wrong.

He also said being in the poll didn't preclude being in 48/49. And that just wearing the FF uniform could vault someone to at least B status.

Could be straining at a gnat and swallowing a camel (Biblical phrase, look it up), but in a lack of other evidence that's my guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see the Fantastic Four supporting cast more fleshed out, the only problem is if they feel the need to include the Four that leaves us with only one new character, an army builder and a variant, so if they revisit the Fantastic Four they need to either leave out some of the Four or the TRU wave has to tie to it to allow for more new characters.

I do think the Four are probably one of the biggest unexplored areas in terms of characters represented, with the exception of maybe the Hulk. Daredevil has them both beat, but I doubt that's changing any time soon. I mean in terms of long running headlining characters with their own book.

Brilliant point.

Do we need the *entire* Fantastic Four *everytime* a FF themed wave comes around? I hope not! I'd love to see the updated Johnny Storm with Annihilus from the recent issues. But I'd prefer the remaining spots go to new characters as well. Sure, a white-uniform Dr Doom would be cool. But I don't need another Sue or Thing so soon. Reed, well there are many multiverse versions that I could see taking a spot to pack with Doom.

There are so many cool villians and supporting characters for the FF I'd hate to see the main 4 cast refreshed every time there is an FF wave. Maybe 2 of them, with other members from time to time? She-Hulk, Wyatt Wingfoot, Sharon, etc? (those last two are bad examples but all I could think of at the moment)

Maybe the alternative is to separate the team over waves? Reed & Ben in costume version x in one with supporting villains and characters over one wave, then Sue & Johnny in matching costume version x with more characters the next time there is an FF wave (never two waves in a row)?

For example:

Mad Thinker / Moloid

Puppet Master / Moloid

Johnny Storm / Annihilus

Multiverse Reed / White Uniform Dr Doom

with TRU wave:

Medusa / Gorgon

Blastaar / Watcher

with two more box sets that are non-FF-related roster-fillers, i.e Daredevil villains, X-Men, Avengers, etc :)

IM3 toy designs will be embargoed until at least Toy Fair 2013. They've probably started design but they won't actually hit until after wave 50. The next three released waves will be comic if my trusty magic eight ball is correct.

I'm going to say the wave 48 FF wave is:

Dark FF uniform Johnny / Crystal

Dark FF Mr. Fantastic / Puppet Master

Dark FF Thing / Moloid

Variant Dark FF She-Hulk / Moloid

fantasticfour1961series337.jpg

TRU wave 15:

Johnny / Crystal

She-Thing / Wizard

Invisible Woman / Ronan the Accuser

Mr. F / Puppet Master

Edited by Jatta Pake

IM3 toy designs will be embargoed until at least Toy Fair 2013. They've probably started design but they won't actually hit until after wave 50. The next three released waves will be comic if my trusty magic eight ball is correct.

Dark FF Thing / Moloid

TRU wave 15:

Johnny / Crystal

She-Thing / Wizard

Mr. F / Puppet Master

Didn't Zach say that going forward the TRU waves were going to be all new with no carry-over from specialty?

I like your picks though but I want to see Johnny in his recent uniform to go with the Disney Store white-uniform box set, packed with Annihilus!

You could just pack in a Johnny Storm head and hair with that Reed, and open up that slot for another villain. :D

At this point, I'm sure you could release either and we could QC the other with our spares. But I'd prefer Reed for the extra stretchy accessories! But yes, this is the best way to go :biggrin:

I wouldn't mind a Minimate of Doom 2099...

Maybe after they did all of your top 15 wants listed in your signature. Maybe...

Yeah, I'd buy one, but he's so low on my priorities, mainly because he never interacts from anyone else I'd display from a FF wave. And I wouldn't really want a 2099 wave.

I wouldn't mind a Minimate of Doom 2099...

Maybe after they did all of your top 15 wants listed in your signature. Maybe...

Yeah, I'd buy one, but he's so low on my priorities, mainly because he never interacts from anyone else I'd display from a FF wave. And I wouldn't really want a 2099 wave.

Oh, I'm not saying he's a high priority, only that if they do plan on making another Doom soon, hopefully it'll be that one.

I think i have enough of the main F4 roster for now. I'd only be really excited in a new F4 wave if it meant getting some more villains like Annihilus or Ronan or substitute members like She-Hulk or Ms Marvel in their F4 duds. Or maybe even someone really wacky & obscure like Psycho Man!

I think i have enough of the main F4 roster for now. I'd only be really excited in a new F4 wave if it meant getting some more villains like Annihilus or Ronan or substitute members like She-Hulk or Ms Marvel in their F4 duds. Or maybe even someone really wacky & obscure like Psycho Man!

The FF are severely lacking in villains. I mean, besides Doom, Super-Skrull, Skrulls, Sandman (to be fair, he was a member of the Frightful Four), and Mole Man, what other FF villains do we have 'mates of?

Compare that to Spider-Man, where we have Kingpin, Doc Ock, Vulture, Mysterio, Kraven, Electro, Sandman, Venom, Carnage, Green Goblin, Menace, Mister Negative, Tarantula, Scorpion, Shocker, Rhino...

Edited by MinnesotaIceman

If we get a FF wave, which I think is very likely, I think it would include all the mains, but possibly spread over LCS and TRU. This is what I would like to see:

LCS-

Sue In Costume X (w/ alternate invisible pieces a la TRU 8)/Psycho Man

Johnny Storm in Costume X (Flame Off)/Crystal

Thing in Costume X/Moloid

Variant SW Ben Grimm/Moloid

TRU-

Sue (Visible White Future Foundation)/Doom (Future Foundation) @ 2 per case

She Hulk (FF Uniform)/Amazing Bag Man @ 2 per case

Flame on Johnny/Wizard @ 4 per case

Mr. Fantastic In Costume X/Annihilus @ 4 per case

Or swap out Wizard for Puppet Master and give us a Frightful Four 4-pack ;)

Or swap out Annihilus for Puppet Master and give us an Annihilation Wave :thumbsup:

Dark FF Thing / Moloid

TRU wave 15:

Johnny / Crystal

She-Thing / Wizard

Mr. F / Puppet Master

Is The Thing being sponsored by McDonalds in this comic. Why the M on the costume?

Is The Thing being sponsored by McDonalds in this comic. Why the M on the costume?

I *think* it's because that is actually Ms Marvel after having been transformed into a Thing-like rock creature. She went by the name She-Thing for a while. I guess the not-so-golden arches was as a tribute to her days as Ms Marvel?

EDIT: They appear to mimic her previous Ms Marvel costume... which seems even more like a tribute to Mc D's. LOL

350px-Ms_Marvel_She-Hulk_2.jpg

Edited by Nessex

Dark FF Thing / Moloid

TRU wave 15:

Johnny / Crystal

She-Thing / Wizard

Mr. F / Puppet Master

That's She-Thing (Sharon Ventura), who was once known as Ms. Marvel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharon_Ventura

Ben Grimm is shown in this picture in the hat.