UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1337910829[/url]' post='227817']

Well, Spider-Man, Cap, Thor, Avengers have all had recent waves. X-Men, Daredevil, Hulk & Venom are all part of upcoming stuff. That leaves Iron Man(also represented in the Avengers' waves), and Fantastic Four. Thing had recent minimates, but the rest are due upgrades, possibly in blue/white. Mister Fantastic(new SS arm)/She-Hulk(F4), Thing (F4 tank w/pants & boots)/Johnny(new flame on pieces), Invisible Woman(sleeveless w/4 cutout)/Moloid, variant Sue as Malice/Moloid.

Tru compliment set: Gorgon/Triton, Medusa/crystal... Or Karnak.

1342066116[/url]' post='236145']
1342064734[/url]' post='236137']

48 is blue/wht FF minus Thing, w Blastaar, Puppet Master and Moloid.

Booya! I called FF wave with Puppet Master and Moloids. It's Clobberin Time!

Me too (minus the puppet master & blaastar)! :)

Edited by MrClean

Just a guess.

Totally spit balling and speculating:

it's a Fantastic Four themed wave. The FF haven't gotten any LCS love in a long, long time. They have enough costume variations etc to carry a wave, a ton of secondary and supporting characters, and visually interesting villains that remain unmade. And they celebrated issue number 600 relatively recently.

Just a guess.

Totally. Called. It. First.

Always nice when I'm right about something positive for a change.

The Thing, in matching blue/white trunks, will probaly also be in the TRU wave. I'm hoping HERBIE will also somehow make his way in, even as an accessory. Inhumans, always a frequent fringe reuest, would also be welcome.

dont know if this has been said yet, but the non invisible sue is confirmed to be the variant

still this is a great set and those moloids are gonna look AWESOME in the plentyful, not to mention those great new flame pieces and reeds stretchy accessories. If there still arnt close up pics from different angles, ill try to take some sunday

I hope the Sue's come with the army builder. That much easier to get more of 'em.

And with Blastaar's inclusion, I'm really hoping that a nice, classic Annihilus will be a shoe-in.

An Alicia Masters, Inhumans, Ronan the Accuser or Dragon Man would be swell too, though... :whistling:

Edited by Mystery Man

And She-Hulk in an FF uniform... don't forget her.

Okay, we have pictures, seen some design sheets, but do we have nailed down who exactly is in 48? The "Flame Off" Johnny prototype shown looks suddenly orphaned with the Sue/Alicia announcment. I have lists, they need updating, but I'm waiting for the official word.

kinda what I'm guessing too, Pun, but which Johnny is in and which is out is a question.

And a really minor niggle- but I wish they'd had gone with black and white over dark blue and white. Both are completely valid interpretations of that costume, I just think the black looks better. YMMV

Oooooh... Never caught that it was "mullet Sue" not flamed off Johnny. My bad. Looks like I'll be buying multiple Reeds again. Joy.

I guess I'm spoiled by all the pack-ins we've gotten lately for making alternate looks, but at this point I would've expected Sue's solid legs/arms and different hairpiece to be extra parts rather than a variant -- unless they've left a mate out of the display or something and she's not. If she is that's gotta be the least different variant in years, maybe since bolty Iron Man?

Sue will be packed with solid arms & legs, as well as translucent ones (according to the panel), as well as an awesome new egg-shaped shield that looks big enough to shield her whole body.

The variant will be Alicia Masters & she'll come with a Thing bust to show her sculpting.

Apologies for the poor pictures.

post-2737-0-37521300-1342400212_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-09547600-1342400224_thumb.jp

Zach also mentioned that the characters for the Accompanying TRU wave are still pending license approval, so he couldn't name them - but that we would be seeing more FF characters.

My guess would be a Thing of some sort, the AirWalker / Firelord set & maybe a flame off Johnny? Hopefully we'll see some villains or Inhumans included. I'd be pretty happy to see Medusa, Crystal & Annihilus all show up.

Edited by Nessex