• HAMMER Agents
    • Madrox the Multiple Man (Classic)
    • Mandroids
    • Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

1342363671[/url]' post='236955']

Personally, I am very happy with this wave. Even though I didn't vote for all of the characters, I will be happy to have them all in my collection. Even Cyborg Spidey is a welcome change from the recent Spideys we have gotten. And as a retailer, I expect this wave to sell very well. :)

Just for the record, Luke, if you offer a case of this wave, I will buy a case from you. Or five.laugh.gif

I'm just really excited. I get Songbird, which for me isn't really about completing Thunderbolts, because the Ellis at-Bolts are not may favorite team even. You have to give me a Modern Luke Cage, Ghost and Man-Thing. And Mach whatever he is and Fixer, but those two can go for current or previous teams really. The only thing I would rather have seen (besides Citizen V as the variant instead of daddy Zemo) is Wrecker instead of Onslaught. Don't get me wrong, he's awesome and with the evolution of minimates he's going to look amazing, but Wrecker needed to get in the door here. We've been told that the likelihood of the whole Wrecking Crew being made at one time is just outside the realm of possibility, so I was really hoping Wrecksie could get on this and then they'd know for sure people would need the other three and we could get them. The idea of not wanting to have one without all the others at the same time is insane to me. I personally just want anything that gets offered. I have no issue with Cyborg Spidey, I'm thrilled for the Natural Gas Ghost Rider and when I saw the Novas were the army builder it cemented the notion in my head that I need at least one entire case of this wave, probably more. I'm just happy. Plus there's always the TRU companion wave to this. Who knows who will be in that, but my guess would be just more people from the poll. It wouldn't make sense to have it just be random guys for it. Hooray for wave 50, I say.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it was a thankless task to expect to please all the people all the time with the results because there were just too many cool and diverse characters in it. However, I'm about as happy as anyone could realistically expect to be from it. Two that I voted for got in (songbird and zemo) and the variant that I most wanted is being made since I wanted WW2 zemo more than the more modern one so I couldn't believe my luck on that!! I also placed novacorps and ghost rider fairly high in their categories without actually voting for them so I'm happy enough with them and I'm not unhappy with onslaught either. To ask any more than that would just have been unrealistic so overall I'm really happy with the results and thanks again for doing it Zach. :thumbsup: I would like to know where the other characters came in the lineups though - any chance?

I'm really surprised that Nova Corp won as the army builder. People are really into them?

I'm more excited for Nova Corp army builders than any we've had besides modern Madrox. It also gives us a way to get a classic Rich Rider. I don't buy the crazy numbers of army builders that some here do but I'm definitely picking up a bunch of these.

Sorry not everyone likes the line-up. Songbird, Zemo and Nova Corps did well here, so I'm assuming many here are happy, but I'm surprised they all did so well on Marvel.com. Spidey, Ghost Rider and Onslaught have big fan bases, so I'm less surprised they won. I don't have all the data in front of me, but some of the polls were close, yes. Commander Rogers was the runner up in poll #2, but I think well see him sooner rather than later.

The army builder winner was the only real head scratcher. Really thought it'd wind up being the Cuckoos, honestly.

Honestly, Zach, I'd like to see all of categories 2 & 3 sooner rather than later. But then, you probably guessed that from me.

Only got two I voted for, and only one of those I really cared about -- but I didn't expect any of my faves to make it really, and that one is Songbird who so many were so positive would be dead last in her category I was beginning to doubt, so I'm pretty happy with the results! Good to hear Rogers may show up soonish too.

I voted for all except ghostrider, so i'm well happy about this wave :D

Wow, nice result!

Sorry not everyone likes the line-up. Songbird, Zemo and Nova Corps did well here, so I'm assuming many here are happy, but I'm surprised they all did so well on Marvel.com. Spidey, Ghost Rider and Onslaught have big fan bases, so I'm less surprised they won. I don't have all the data in front of me, but some of the polls were close, yes. Commander Rogers was the runner up in poll #2, but I think well see him sooner rather than later.

If you can say, how did Gladiator fair? I've been waiting for that dude to be made in a toyline I collect forever :(

Why would you be upset about a Spiderman? He's Marvel's A list character. He sells out. The entire Universe knows who he is. He is, arguably, more famous than Batman. (I said arguably) I would have thought another Spidey was just a given at this point.

If the poll had concluded without a Spidey or Wolverine in, I would have been stunned.

I am super happy with this line-up. Blue Ghost Rider and Songbird were the ones I wanted most in their respective categories. I am not unhappy with Cyborg Spoderman or Onslaught either. Zemo is cool, and I have thought he and this variant were a good idea for years. The only one I am not imterested in I'd the army builder, but I will get a couple anyway.

I hope the runners up, particularly the 4 Captain America picks make it into the TRU wave. :thumbsup:

We should do these more often! :D

I'm a bit dissapointed as well. Of the winners I only voted for GR and Zemo. Really wish Banshee or Falcon had made it in, and I'm not too excited about the army builder. That being Said, it's not possible for everyone to be happy, the only way that would happen is if wave 50 consisted of 32 different characters. I just hold out hope that eventually most of the unchosen will eventually see the light of day. It was awesome of DST to even do this at all, so I applaud them for it and hope that we will get more chances like this to have input on future waves.

Why disappointed in Spider-Man? Because it's a tweaked version of a battle-damaged costume. I was hoping we'd get either of the Iron Men in place of the Spider-Man, as both of the armors offered are a more unique representation of the character. It may seem like comparing apples to oranges, but that's the way I see it.

Also, I'm hoping that army builder really and truly can pass for a classic Richard Rider Nova.

Edited by Mystery Man

Why disappointed in Spider-Man? Because it's a tweaked version of a battle-damaged costume. I was hoping we'd get either of the Iron Men in place of the Spider-Man, as both of the armors offered are a more unique representation of the character. It may seem like comparing apples to oranges, but that's the way I see it.

Also, I'm hoping that army builder really and truly can pass for a classic Richard Rider Nova.

That sounds reasonable. I hadn't thought of it like that.

I have to say, as much as some of the ones that I voted for didn't make it, I'm still very happy with the wave. I'm not a big ghost rider fan, but other than that, the rest are all minimates that I will be happy to buy. So when the problem is that there was too many good choices, that seems like a good problem to have. :)

If we are to get yet another Ghost Rider with f*~kall to ride can somebody make a note of the fact that it is nigh on impossible to arrange his legs to sit astride any sort of Minimate-compatible bike . It's not a lot to ask ....maybe the crotch-piece could be tweeked .

This is why Ghost Rider did NOT get my vote.

I understand that vehicles aren't allowed under DST's Marvel contract but we've somewhow gotten Surfer's board and Goblin's glider. Why not a stand that looks like Ghost Rider's flaming bike? I'm picturing something in translucent orange plastic, of course, with no moving parts whatsoever so it doesn't piss of whoever has the vehicle license.

If we can get a sarcophagus with Universal Monsters Mummy 'mates, I think a bike/stand with a Ghost Rider Through the Ages set is in order.

I'm pretty disappointed that only Zemo made it from my picks, but on the other hand I'm really happy to be getting both Zemos in one wave.

I think Hydro Iron Man is still a strong possibility for the IM3 movie year. Falc and Black Knight are Avengers, and so will always be on the table. But I was really pulling for a classic Multiple Man. I hope he performed well enough for a future wave consideration.

A little OT but, I'd be happy with a Ghost Rider bike that had legs molded on the sides and you could just detach GRs waist/legs and plug his body onto the bike.

Something like this (forgive the rough drawing, trying to do this at work w/out getting caught ;))

GRbikemockup.jpg

it could be taken a step further and actually have just the pelvis attached to the seat allowing the mates legs to be attached as well (which might work better and allow for posing w/ his legs down)

As for the poll, only 2 of my choices made it; Songbird and Ghost Rider...was really hoping for Banshee and Mojo

Edited by tones

I understand that vehicles aren't allowed under DST's Marvel contract but we've somewhow gotten Surfer's board and Goblin's glider. Why not a stand that looks like Ghost Rider's flaming bike? I'm picturing something in translucent orange plastic, of course, with no moving parts whatsoever so it doesn't piss of whoever has the vehicle license.

An in-scale bike for GR may be too big or too much plastic for a 2-pack. I'd suggest that the next Ghost Rider comes with the front end of his hell-bike as a display piece. And then (maybe in the same wave, maybe TRU exclusive) another GR character comes with the back end of a hell-bike as a display piece (maybe a villain with flaming tire tracks across his chest). There's no way that could be called a vehicle - it's two different pieces.

And if the pieces just happen to snap together to form one display piece - well, that a coincidence.

I agree a Ghost Rider Bike would rock and I'd take one with legs not removable. It could be a vehicle pack like the Halo Warthog or Pirate Ship...

Onslaught was actually on my list. I imagined him to look like a Nemesis crossed with Magneto, with almost 100% new sculpting. I'm not a fan of cyborg Spiderman but can see a Deathlok figure being a huge WIN! They can do a classic costume and an X-Force costume Variant!

However, Nova Corps??? ugh... Thanks for releasing an Army pack I don't need to buy 16 of...

Edited by highassroller

thanks Lobsterman, I've been trying to work out the details for a while...I also thought maybe just have the legs molded and have the pelvis plug into them, allowing for hinge movement so he could lean forward and back. There is definitely more than one way to do this.