• Mindless Ones
    • Nova Corps Centurions
    • Stepford Cuckoos
    • Warwolves

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, you were right to get the character rehashes out of the way first. Good to hear that the majority will be new characters, that really is exciting.

You know, nothing says you guys can't just release 2 waves for 50, "50 - Heroes" and "50 - Villains"! A monumental wave deserves a monumental release, right? Since these are a year or so out anyway, plenty of time to plan it out!

the rest i dunno... Wiccan and Hulkling would be nice. We have a serious shortage of gay (and red headed Irish) minimate characters...

We did get Shatterstar - so DST have managed to cross off both Gay & Redhead in one fell swoop :P

Definitely not Irish, but we also got Karma around the same time. And it seems like Northstar could be on the way soon.

My guess of Supporting Cast:

- Demolition Man (The Yellow DD costume that looks like Wolvie)

- Stingray

- Pip the Troll

- Forge

- Vengance

- Jack of Hearts

- Ka Zar

Wow. That's setting yourself up for disappointment. Stingray? Demo-man? And Vengeance is too much like GR to be in it.

I would think Supporting would still be fairly higher profile. Keep in mind, it's "Supporting" not "Obscurity."

Besides we have still yet to see Stannis Baratheon. And honestly I think he's far more important than Jaquen...

Blackwater kicked so much ass by the way. And reading all of these words just makes me want to sit down and cry that we haven't seen Game of Thrones minimates... :'(

Not sure if I posted it here or at MMHQ or on FB or Fwoosh, but the remaining polls are 90-95% new characters. If I'd know the bile that would spill, I would have started with a different poll.

no way! you took the right route by getting the big name characters out there first. I'm sure people will have forgotten all about the whining once the 2nd Tiers, Villains & army builders polls get announced.

Haters gonna hate. I've been hassling DST for years to have more fan input into Minimates. This idea is pure win. The way it's being executed is win. i'm sure the wave will be a win too! (so long as Gideon is in the poll ;) )

Haters gonna hate. I've been hassling DST for years to have more fan input into Minimates. This idea is pure win. The way it's being executed is win. i'm sure the wave will be a win too! (so long as Gideon is in the poll ;) )

:unsure:

My guess of Supporting Cast:

- Demolition Man (The Yellow DD costume that looks like Wolvie)

- Stingray

- Pip the Troll

- Forge

- Vengance

- Jack of Hearts

- Ka Zar

Wow. That's setting yourself up for disappointment. Stingray? Demo-man? And Vengeance is too much like GR to be in it.

I would think Supporting would still be fairly higher profile. Keep in mind, it's "Supporting" not "Obscurity."

I was thinking outside the box with this selection. Sure Stingray is a stretch but he'd make a cool minimate. Demo-Man I think is less of one considering he looks a lot like Wolvie, and for Vengeance you're right if Danny wins.

If you had a choice between another GR or Vengeance who would you be i favor for? Make mine Vengeance

:( Probably for the best. I don't know if Marvel's servers could handle the big G.

So how are we going to find out the winners of each poll? When the final lineup is announced our tired out as well?

Edited by Turtle

(so long as Gideon is in the poll ;) )

:unsure:

LOL! Oh lord I needed that.

Ahem. Yeah, >snigger< that's exactly who they mean. The >snort< "lame X-Men figure from the early 90's with I want to say a pony tail and a briefcase", >giggle< who managed to add Highlander rip-off, and Super-Adaptoid wannabe to his prestigious resume.

:( Probably for the best. I don't know if Marvel's servers could handle the big G.

So how are we going to find out the winners of each poll? When the final lineup is announced our tired out as well?

Not sure if we'll announce line-up before prototypes are done.

No really. Gideon is the guy probably best known for his briefcase wielding Toy Biz action figure than any of his epic story arcs. Gideon was a member of a mutant subspecies called the Externals- mutants who cannot dies by conventional means, an ability that only manifests after their first death. (hence the Highlander rip-off reference) His green top-knot sporting design is courtesy of his creator, the master of 90's excess Rob Liefield. In addition to being immortal, Gideon had the ability to perfectly duplicate the superhuman's abilities or powers, including those derived from technological means. Unlike the similarly powered Mimic, Gideon also gained instant and perfect mastery of the abilities he duplicates, sometimes using the copied powers better than the their owner. And being an evil immortal, Gideon had spent centuries amassing considerable wealth and corporate power. None of which helped him, when fellow External Selene, the Black Queen, decided there could be only one and managed to apparently permentally kill all other known Externals including Gideon. The term "External" was never uttered in a Marvel comic again to this day. Rumor was the Highlander people, who were making a good TV show to go along with their horrendous sequels at the time, were threatening to sue if they didn't knock it off, since Rob had left to form Image by then, Marvel happily obliged. Again, that's an oft repeaed rumor that has neither been confirmed or denied.