UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates Wave 51: Marvel NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Groot sprouting Arc-reactors?
Heh, I was wondering that, too. Maybe he's just wired to blow up in case he gets out of line... :unsure:

Does he have a history of misbehaving? (i'm not very well versed in the lore of GotG)

Do we know for a fact that 51 is Iron Man 3 or is that just generally assumed?
It's assumed, but we know nothing. Personally I'm hoping that Wave 51 takes inspiration from Area 51 and is nothing but alien characters.

yes, Yes, YES!

Gladiator, Raza, Hepzibah, Ch'od, DeathBird / Linandra Variant - Shi'ar Trooper army builders

Or maybe just a 'one of each race' series? Shi'ar, Badoon, Dire Wraiths, Phalanx, Technarchy & Watchers? ans since he's ni almost every other wave, Wolverine (as the illegal alien - he *is* from Canada, after all).

post-66-0-22460700-1352928941_thumb.jpg

Upcoming Uncanny Avengers cover showing off the new members, including Sunfire. In his classic costume. Chances of future Minimate release - rising?

*SQUEE*

And check out Cap's shoulder! Wasp! :D

Double *SQUEE*

If wave 49 includes a Rising Sun Sunfire AND Black & Yellow wasp, i will be so excited.

Like - 'crazy meme' excited.

If wave 49 includes a Rising Sun Sunfire AND Black & Yellow wasp, i will be so excited.

Like - 'crazy meme' excited.

It's kind of interesting that everyone on the team is going back to a retro-classic costume except Wasp, who appears to be keeping the more modern black bodysuit with yellow torso decoration.

I've always really liked that costume for her. While her history of fashion is often a fun one to look back thruogh, this is the one costume of hers that i've always wanted to see most as a Minimate.

It's a bit of a modern classic. When you google 'wasp marvel' it pretty much dominates the screen.

Yeah, it's about as iconic as it gets for Wasp. And I think Cassaday's style is more about iconic costumes than retro-classic. Although I don't really know what was going through his head with Beast.

Edited by Turtle

1352931765[/url]' post='251179']

Why would sunfire need a torched up variant? His powers work differently then johnny storm's

Thought that might have been him flamed on in the promo image someone posted a few days ago. He did it in Age of Apocalypse, so maybe that's him in the Marvel Now Avengers image.

1352931765[/url]' post='251179']

Why would sunfire need a torched up variant? His powers work differently then johnny storm's

Thought that might have been him flamed on in the promo image someone posted a few days ago. He did it in Age of Apocalypse, so maybe that's him in the Marvel Now Avengers image.

I gave up Marvel in 2009, but last I saw of Sunfire he was a Horsemen Of Apocalypse and looked exactly like his AOA counterpart. Pretty sure that's the only look he's had where he was "fired up."

1352148499[/url]' post='250270']

avengers1.jpg

WHo is that behind Thor? Is that Sunspot?

This is the image I was referring to with Sunfire possibly behind Thor. Not sure if it's him, but I think that Sunspot is the one behind Captain (Ms) Marvel.

It was never really a 'flame on' ability, - but a 'powered up' look: blacked out with energy radiating from him in the form of Kirby Dots &/or a yellow aura ...

nmu1-f.jpg

I always liked the aura around him because i thought that it helped make him look quite unique.

Edited by Nessex

ok time for an updated guess:

Wave 49:

Thor/Indestructable Hulk

Captain America/Superior Spiderman

Ironman (Black/Yellow)/AIM Agent

Ironman (GoG)/AIM Agent

TRU wave 16:

Captain Marvel/Doctor Strange

Quentin Quire/Broo

Hawkeye/Spiderwoman

Rocket Raccoon/Sam Alexander

ya, this is mainly my guess for which characters will make the full assortment, if you think about it, we may see all the heavy hitters in the TRU wave, kinda like a "best of" thing, which i would not mind, would make the new characters easier to find

Edited by undeadpool

Nah, look back at the TRU releases: that's the place where DST slots the more obscure characters. For whatever reason, it's easier to get the non-core characters through at TRU then at comics shops, even though you would think the inverse is true.

I think guessing the lineups is a bit of a pointless exercise, since at this point we don't even know all the books, lineups, and costumes. There's bound to be at least one or two characters that are major players that we don't even know Marvel has plans for yet. I still think Groot's one of them, though.:biggrin:

BTW, am I the only one that *HATES* Havok's new costume? His headgear was, like, his trademark. It was the only thing that costume had going for it. To just have the headgear kind of painted on his mask makes him look like a cheap cosplayer.:down: