UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates 50: What's Your Dream?

hellpop

... which I wouldn't. After all, SOMEBODY has to ask about Molten Man. :rolleyes:

Molten Man's one of my favorite Spidey villains. I'd love a Minimate of him.

Heck yeah! I dig him too!

I've a secret desire to get all the classic villains that Spidey faced from his original run with Steve Ditko on the book as minimates. That means Molten Man and the Crime Master for starters! :D

Good point with Molten Man! I'll raise you a Big Man and the Enforcers as well though they're less likely than everyone except the Living Brain. The new Crime Master in Venom dresses almost exactly the same as the original, right down to the light brown suit, so I wouldn't say he's as unlikely as he used to be.

I support an all-villains wave, to make up for the relative scarcity of them in the first 49 waves.

Pack 1: X-Men Villains

Pyro + Blob

Pack 2: Fantastic Four Villains

Blastaar + Annihilus

Pack 3: Avengers Villains

Zemo + Mandroid

variant Zemo II + Mandroid

TRU Supplemental 2-Packs:

Diablo + Dragon Man

Whirlwind + Man-Ape

Destiny + Avalanche

Supplemental Box Set:

"Sinister Syndicate"

Beetle

Boomerang

Speed Demon

Hydro-Man [a "2.0" version with water base]

I'd be on board for all of these but I'd raise you another supplemental boxset

"Frightful Four"

- Wizard

- Trapster

- Medusa

- Titania (not on the team the same time as the others but she joined with Klaw and Hydro-Man so...)

- Alternate: Sandman if you want the original team, think the other 'mates are lacking, or want that costume he had in the 70's with the buttons on it and the headband

I was organizing my collection into boxes the other day and was surprised to find we have fewer X-villains than I originally thought unless you count Magneto. Weird.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you guys are at least adjusting your expectations downward. At this point, Wave 50 may not be as special as I hoped. :(

Zach: Hey, Chuck, I thought for wave 50 we could maybe do a whole fan-favorite lineup, sort of a love letter to all the longtime

Chuck: Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...hahah...heh... I'm sorry I'm sorry. So, okay, wave 50, go.

Zach: Yeah... so, a fan-favorite

Chuck: Ahahahahahahahahahahaha... that's (wipes eyes) that's good Zach. That's funny. So who heheheh who were you thinking could go in this "fan favorite" wave?

Zach: Well, I was thinking Dragon Man could

Chuck: Hahahahahahaha (falls out of chair) ohmygodstop stop stop.... oohhhhhhhhhhhhh shit. Heheh. Yeah, alright, Dragon Man. Who else.

Zach: You know what, forget it.

Chuck: No seriously, who else? Maybe we could put Stingray in there and Ulik the Troll AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OH JESUS HAHAHAHAH and, like, Katie Power AHAHAHAHAHA

HA! I love that my rejected plan for a "love letter to the fans" was apparently to make some of the most obscure comic book characters ever invented, and not the numerous prominent characters that people have been asking for for a decade. I wouldn't make that line, either.

That said, I do want a Dragon Man eventually. And I guess I thought we had already made Stingray. A shame. Best superhero costume ever. But I have never read a story with Ulik in it.

I'm not saying I would go completely insane for a Power Pack four pack, but I would.

I'd love a Power Pack 4-pack myself, but I wonder how would they make the younger siblings look different from the older since there is no real 'child' minimate body.

I know there was those 'Father's Day' minimate sets shown at cons that never happened with child minimates...

I dearly desire a Dragon Man. And Stingray and Ulik would be fantastic too!

Sorry to hear that you were really trying to do something great for the fans and it may not happen, Zach. :/

Yeah, it's a real shame. Oh, well, there's always Series 100...

silver and gold Spider-men should be included in wave 50

As a guy who doesn't have them... I support this notion.

I know all the people who paid hundreds of dollars for theirs would be in an uproar... but I'm always all for selfishly de-valuing rare figures I don't have in my collections... and making them easier for me to obtain.

In my perfect fantasy world... variants, promos, exclusives and chase figures would only exist for the thrill and fun of toy-hunting... but then everyone who wasn't able to track them down would still be able to easily obtain them anyway somehow... with wizard magic... lol...

silver and gold Spider-men should be included in wave 50

As a guy who doesn't have them... I support this notion.

I know all the people who paid hundreds of dollars for theirs would be in an uproar... but I'm always all for selfishly de-valuing rare figures I don't have in my collections... and making them easier for me to obtain.

In my perfect fantasy world... variants, promos, exclusives and chase figures would only exist for the thrill and fun of toy-hunting... but then everyone who wasn't able to track them down would still be able to easily obtain them anyway somehow... with wizard magic... lol...

It's okay with me, as long as the new ones follow current standards and don't have tampos all the way around the wrists and ankles and have an unnecessary hole in the head... :tongue:

Okay, so, now we know: fan chosen wave! With two big guns, two supporting heroes, two villains, and an army builder! So, let's begin the rampant speculation. I think the most fun, right now, will be in guessing the variations of the big guns. Sooooooo:

-Spider-Man: Bag-Man would seem the obvious choice. I could also see Spider-Hulk, as it would fill the role of being two big names in one. Still, I hope for Spider-Ham.:spiderham::wub:

-Cap: Again, Commander Rogers seems like the obvious choice. I hold out hope for Nomad, myself, as do I'm sure most of the other old farts elder statesmen around here.

-Wolverine: How about Wolverine in Fang's costume, from the Imperial Guard? He actually wore this for a few issues, and it was to be his new outfit, until Cockrum left and Byrne came aboard. This would serve as a cool variant and the beginning of the Imperial Guard, a team I'm positive DST will complete....

-Iron Man: Man, there's already been so many variations... what's left? Space armor? Underwater? 2020? Sloshed?

-Hulk: A little tricky, since we've got the TTA set a'comin'. Is the Maestro in that, if not, that's my choice. If so...hmm, how about a transforming Hulk, with a Bruce Banner figure underneath? Banner could even be based on Mark Ruffalo.

-Thor: IF IT'S NOT FROG THOR WE RIOT!!!!!!!!!!

-Daredevil: Gosh, I really don't think there's an interesting Daredevil look left. Am I missing something?

-Ghost Rider: Yeah, I'll put GR here, for the sake of argument. Lady Ghost Rider, perhaps?

-Punisher: I guess the Bradstreet look... I dunno... I really don't like the Punisher.

-Rocket Raccoon: Well, I like the Mike Mignola look, but I know a lot of you prefer the GotG outfit. I'm flexible either way.

Anyone else?

I once said that we'd never get another Yellow DD .......I'll probably be right but here's hoping.

The likelihood that we'll get 'Trashcan-Spidey/Parker' is about nil but when I read Amazing Spider-Man #50 when it was newly published I was deeply affected by the final page ... post-638-0-71775200-1336726617_thumb.jpg Oddest Minimate grail ever?

Actually there have been pieces released recently that could be used to make Iron Man's first Deep Dive Armor and first Space Armor without needing to be retooled. Just sayin'.

I'd be down with an adult Peter Parker minimate, trashcan optional.

Only reason I didn't include yellow DD is because Zach said these won't be redos, but all-new costumes, though yellow (or first appearance) Daredevil is certainly old enough to justify a redo.

I'm not quite sure how you'd make trashcan Spider-Man, but I did just see that Hasbro's making a cool "clothes in a web sack" accessory for Spidey, so I suppose anything's possible.

Ghost Rider... maybe the new blue flame Dan Ketch GR?

Daredevil - he does have a Secret War cosume too

Wolverine- the bandara wearing, bone claws sporting "Feral Wolverine", the black "ninja" outfit.

Thor - butt-ugly Godpack costume

Hulk- ripped shirt, bulked up McFarlane style grey Hulk

What i want to know is what qualifies as an "A-lister."

Bucky was Captain America. Does that mean Bucky is an A-lister or is he just a Cap variation and won't be on that list? And if he is, is Winter Soldier an acceptable A variation or a B variation?

Kaine is Scarlet Spider, a variant of Scarlet Spider, a variant of Spider-man. Does that correlate?

As for speculating, Commander Rogers will absolutely be on the list. He's been coveted for a long time by several of us and is one of the more high-profile variations lately. AND you can put one of the Samuel L. Jackson heads on him and make him Marcus Johnson. (Groan...) That is the only safe guarantee i see at this point.

Ghost Rider - There's always the new female Ghost Rider they introduced last year:

GR_female.jpg

Spider-Man - Don't forget Spider-Lizard:

CostumeSpiderLizard.gif

And Negative Zone Spidey:

spidey_NZ.jpg

A Space or Deep-Sea Iron Man would be great, and I'd love Commander Rogers.

What i want to know is what qualifies as an "A-lister."

Bucky was Captain America. Does that mean Bucky is an A-lister or is he just a Cap variation and won't be on that list? And if he is, is Winter Soldier an acceptable A variation or a B variation?

Kaine is Scarlet Spider, a variant of Scarlet Spider, a variant of Spider-man. Does that correlate?

As for speculating, Commander Rogers will absolutely be on the list. He's been coveted for a long time by several of us and is one of the more high-profile variations lately. AND you can put one of the Samuel L. Jackson heads on him and make him Marcus Johnson. (Groan...) That is the only safe guarantee i see at this point.

I would say no, they don't qualify. It's like being the backup quarterback; you come in when the starter goes down, you get all the reps in practice, but once the #1 guy comes back, you go back to the clipboard and visor.

That said, I'd be STUNNED if Winter Soldier wasn't in the fan poll on the supporting side, and, frankly, stunned if he didn't win. Remember, this will be a poll of the general Marvel fanbase, and he's pretty darn popular there. I'd be surprised if there's anyone else that will be listed supporting their own series.

Realistically, this could easily turn into the Cap wave we've all talked/dreamed about. I think WS is almost a mortal lock (if he's listed), and Zemo would have to be a favorite among the villains (if he's listed). Falcon, Commander Rogers... they would seem strong to me.

Dunno about Batroc, though. Sorry guys.