UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Avengers Box Sets

DSTZach

I'll still be picking up the Series 44 that I pre-ordered and will be buying 2 of these two sets when the pre-orders go up.

I love minimates and was going to eventually buy extra sets of series 44, so now I can just get them along with Kang, et. all.

WHICH LOOK FANTASTIC. And any issues with mask/eyes lining up can be corrected with some head-swap experimentation.

My biggest question now is... when will the "late April" get here so I can pre-order these bad boys?!

Also, we still have SDCC... so maybe there'll be some more neat exclusives for the convention that'll give us new characters!

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, Thor comes with TWO spinny hammers? So if you get wave 44 and the box, you have FOUR spinny hammers?

I may have just changed my mind entirely.

No, no, no -- each comes with a regular hammer and a spinny hammer, like the one MvC3 Thor has. You get four hammers, but only two spinny hammers.

Yeah, I saw my mistake. I understood properly after a moment. Anyways, still love the Hawkeye shots. Please post them. err, it. The non overcast one.

Edited by The Geohound

My biggest question now is... when will the "late April" get here so I can pre-order these bad boys?!

I had them fix that to May. I was recently told Mid-May for the release, and I don't know that online will have them sooner than that.

Also, we still have SDCC... so maybe there'll be some more neat exclusives for the convention that'll give us new characters!

This.

Gotta say, I've been looking at those pics now for about an hour, off and on... really nice sets. Only one I don't approve of is Smart Hulk, because he was never an Avenger in that look. My Continuity-Sense is buzzing! But I'm actually happy to have a few extra Thors, because I wanted to upgrade my older Thor 'mates with that cool shoulder pad/cape thing, but the classic Heroic Age Thor helmet doesn't fit with them. So he's going to be fodder, but... good fodder. :thumbsup:

Well, now you see why I never showed you the silhos of the other figures. Because you'd seen them.

I don't think this will hurt specialty sales in general, because most comic shops don't compete with Disney Stores due to their limited locations, but I do feel bad for Luke, because I know a lot of the hardcores were a tough sell on that wave already.

BUT, I think you will want to keep your orders with Luke, for the following reasons:

1. Ant-Man 2.0 and Sentry are awesome.

2. Hank Pym be displayed three different ways -- short Ant-Man, tall Giant-Man and regular height unmasked Pym. (He comes with hair.)So you actually need three of those.

3. Thor comes with extra helmetless hair and an extra clean-shaven face. He also comes with regular and clear spinny hammers.

4. Hawkeye comes with hair and a quiver full of individual arrows.

5. Iron Man comes with blue boot jets.

I'll admit that of the current stuff, Wave 44 was probably the wave I was the least excited about but I'm glad they've got a substantial amount of extra parts; I hadn't preordered them yet but this is probably going to change my strategy as I want at least two of both Kang and Hawkeye. I can probably find a home for all the extra Caps I'll end up with, as I have an inordinately large number of friends who love the character and I can't really see any drastic difference in this version, outside of it's potential to make me fixate on which is my "definitive" Cap.

Other than the new figures, the most exciting part of this for me is that the Disney Store still has an active interest in carrying Minimate product. Anything that can result in us getting new and different 'mates is great and there's always new people that are getting brought into the line. I just had a friend start buying them en masse at C2E2 and he's as excited for Kang as most of us are. I never got the FF set but I liked how it was a shared exclusive that actually appeared at my store without a lot of effort in looking for it.

Speaking of Kang, is his head a sculpted piece or is that a slipover mask on a normal head? And will Reaper have a hairpiece? Very excited to see the tray pictures!

On a side note, I'm glad I can finally break down my only Dark Hawkeye back into his normal state after being QC'ed into a standard version.

The new characters look great. Yay for Kang! (And death to Squirrel Girl!) Kind of sucky that there is so much overlap with Wave 44, but I'll keep my preorder for that. If the worst thing that happens is that I have some fodder, I can live with that.

yeah kids are gonna love Kang and Grim Reaper... as soon as they look up who they are.

These exclusives, although not technically part of wave 44, make wave 44 better because it is sorta iffy. I didn't "love" wave 42 and I don't "love" 44 either, but I'll buy them all because I'm an obedient soldier to the cause.

Also think Falcon could've been in there.

Now, just waiting on Classic Punisher (Not 1st App), and some X-Men related guys like:

Gladiator

XFACTOR:Havok,Multiple Man

and the Brotherhood: Pyro,Blob,Toad

and maybe an updated Black Costume Ghost Rider

I never got the FF set but I liked how it was a shared exclusive that actually appeared at my store without a lot of effort in looking for it.

You never got the Future FOundation? :ohmy: I love that set.

Speaking of Kang, is his head a sculpted piece or is that a slipover mask on a normal head? And will Reaper have a hairpiece? Very excited to see the tray pictures!

Slipover mask. Wasn't there a Kang where he just had the blue head? In the old Avengers cartoon, maybe? And no, Reaper doesn't have a hairpiece. But if he was a blonde, he'll have his pick of the toupee shop.

On a side note, I'm glad I can finally break down my only Dark Hawkeye back into his normal state after being QC'ed into a standard version.

Yes, and nobody has to repaint their Fear Itself Hawkeye, either.

Gotta say, I've been looking at those pics now for about an hour, off and on... really nice sets. Only one I don't approve of is Smart Hulk, because he was never an Avenger in that look. My Continuity-Sense is buzzing! But I'm actually happy to have a few extra Thors, because I wanted to upgrade my older Thor 'mates with that cool shoulder pad/cape thing, but the classic Heroic Age Thor helmet doesn't fit with them. So he's going to be fodder, but... good fodder. :thumbsup:

Speaking of Hulk and fodder, Hulk actually comes with the open hands movie Hulk has, in comic Hulk colors. Wasn't somebody just asking for more of those?

yeah kids are gonna love Kang and Grim Reaper... as soon as they look up who they are.

Or watch Earth's Mightiest Heroes. I've only seen the first half of Season 1 (Kang makes a kameo, and the Reaper re-appears) but apparently Kang rules the rest of Season 1. Which is why us not making him for so long makes us, what was it? Chowderheads?

I'll still be buying a case of 44. The dupes of Hulk, Thor, Iron Man are just so accessory rich it's worth it.

I worked on a custom last night for the first time in years and the Hulk/OG Iron Man set just rocks for custom material. Bulk up pieces, slip cover mask, hair etc.

The glass isn't half full, it's full full in my opinion. And Perez Thor head just screams quick custom but two heads? Awesome sauce!

Okay, so, Zach, question, since you have them in hand:

Is the purple on Hawkeye more purple like in the un-silhouetted pic you took, or fuchsia (pinkish) like in the (more than likely heavily Photoshopped) group shot?

Purple. The fuchsia one was a painted prototype, while the other one was painted at the factory. The one in the box I'm looking at is close to the factory sample I shot.

I think we have already seen kang in color. At least his face. Remember the april fool's joke? How did he/she made such a great kang picture? We never heard from her/him again. Also I posted the pic on dst's fb page. Someone asked when we would finally see kang. In which Zach or chuck replied that he/she has one month to release kang in order to beat DST. My point is that ain't it strange that we see a kang on April fool's from an unknown guy,then Zach or chuck states that he'll be released in one month(which everyone thought was a joke I guess. I never saw anyone post it) and then almost one month later we are gonna see

kang for reals? I think this was DST's way to inform us of kang's coming. What do you think?

That was a Kang-incidence. Whoever posted it is in-Kang-siderate, and un-Kang-ected with DST. There was no Kang-spiracy.

...That said, if we could have put Kang in box set with seven Wolverines, we would have found some way to do it.

Slipover mask. Wasn't there a Kang where he just had the blue head? In the old Avengers cartoon, maybe? And no, Reaper doesn't have a hairpiece. But if he was a blonde, he'll have his pick of the toupee shop.

Avengers: United They Stand did indeed have a blue headed Kang. The less said about the designs on that show, the better.

616 Reaper's been seen blond, brown haired, even grey. I suspect the later is his real color these days and Eric dyes his hair... just like his little brother.

Well, now you see why I never showed you the silhos of the other figures. Because you'd seen them.

I don't think this will hurt specialty sales in general, because most comic shops don't compete with Disney Stores due to their limited locations, but I do feel bad for Luke, because I know a lot of the hardcores were a tough sell on that wave already.

BUT, I think you will want to keep your orders with Luke, for the following reasons:

1. Ant-Man 2.0 and Sentry are awesome.

2. Hank Pym can be displayed three different ways -- short Ant-Man, tall Giant-Man and regular height unmasked Pym. (He comes with hair.) So you actually need three of those.

3. Thor comes with extra helmetless hair and an extra clean-shaven face. He also comes with both regular and spinny hammers.

4. Hawkeye comes with hair and a quiver full of individual arrows.

5. Iron Man comes with blue boot jets.

Will post tray pics and box pics soon.

Oh, and I do not remember mentioning a wave with Iron Fist, Luke Cage and Moon Knight in it.

Hey Zack I wish this type of info was in the product solicitations as often I don't find out what I should have bought duplicates of until the last minute. Sometimes it's easy to order more other times no so. Thanks for this, now I need another Pym...

Zach - None of my local comic shops stocked Wave 43 and a couple who always order Minimates say they never saw it come up for order. Did anything change with wave 43? I know waves are sometimes resolicited and wonder if there is any wave 43 leftover for resoliciting, or if the run was smaller or just sold out with specialty orders faster than usual.

I try not to limit my Minimate spending to single retailer but I thought I'd see wave 43 in stores. I love that wave. Best Spidey ever.

I didn't want to buy that wave (44) in the first place....so at least DST is getting me to in some way.

Worth it though. Kang ROCKS (though i wish his eyes were a little closer together) and Grim Reaper is very welcome. Haekeye looks a little off but i'm sure that's just the prototype.

Looking forward to these quite a bit; hope Kang is on the packaging. ;)

This. I only wanted the IM and Modern Ant Man from 44, so now I just need to get the variant pack and these box sets. Most of the wave 44 dupes I don't want, but it's all worth it to get Kang and an updated Hawkeye. You won't see me complaining :)

Thanks to Zach too for all the insider info and sneak peeks. No other toy company interacts like this. Bravo to you sir and the company that employs you!

Hey Zack I wish this type of info was in the product solicitations as often I don't find out what I should have bought duplicates of until the last minute. Sometimes it's easy to order more other times no so. Thanks for this, now I need another Pym...

We showed both Ant-Man helmets (and all three sets of shoes) at NY Toy Fair two and a half months ago, assumed everyone saw that then. Sorry, Dave.

Zach - None of my local comic shops stocked Wave 43 and a couple who always order Minimates say they never saw it come up for order. Did anything change with wave 43? I know waves are sometimes resolicited and wonder if there is any wave 43 leftover for resoliciting, or if the run was smaller or just sold out with specialty orders faster than usual.

I try not to limit my Minimate spending to single retailer but I thought I'd see wave 43 in stores. I love that wave. Best Spidey ever.

Plenty in stock, and I remember the solicitation well. It definitely ran in Previews, with an ad and everything. Tell them to get on that.

4f9862da4c065.jpg

4f98630ac8916.jpg

So... These are going to be avilable on normal websites like Luke's Toy Store and BBTS, right?

I hate having to order through so many various websites to get stuff I want...and Kang and Grim Reaper are definite wants.

I'm fine with the repacks of the other figures otherwise since it's not the first time I've gotten multiple versions of a minimate figure, so it's all part of the game collecting these.

Been following the thread and have been absolutely delighted with Kang, Reaper and a non-bulky Hawkeye. Well, things couldn't have gone any more wrong from there!

I'd already completely avoided wave 44, no interest beyond Lang. It seems I'm destined to end up with those... for shame. I'll still be spending $40 on 3 figures, so more fool me I suppose, and that is ehat counts.

Disappointed as, having just seen it, I had decided to treat myself to the wave 45 mates. Will give them a miss now, not spending anymore.

Must buys for the new characters... but scared, confused and disappointed!

Avengers: United They Stand did indeed have a blue headed Kang. The less said about the designs on that show, the better.

616 Reaper's been seen blond, brown haired, even grey. I suspect the later is his real color these days and Eric dyes his hair... just like his little brother.

One more annoying question: are the orange parts of Thor's torso block intentional? Or is that just how the press photography shows him?

Maybe I'll get the FF someday soon; I bought one from Luke's last week for my friend who just started collecting, so I'll probably be tempted into getting one when he opens his.

Oh man, United they Stand... Yikes. Kang also had crazy dual katanas if I remember right, unless that was just on the toy. Funny how the Ultron from that line was, up until the DST release, the most accurate depiction of the character as a non-minimate.

Simon being grey was actually in Avengers V.3, right? I didn't know dying his hair was addressed in the comics as that's oddly interesting; I wonder who wrote that. Makes sense since I think he's been both brown and black as well but I'll note that the short brown hair with the SHIELD Agent makes for an excellent modern Wonderman hairpiece.

Edited by lemonfreshviper22

This.

What about "this"? Anybody with red wings on their arms you wanna tell me about? :biggrin:

The new characters look great. Yay for Kang! (And death to Squirrel Girl!) Kind of sucky that there is so much overlap with Wave 44, but I'll keep my preorder for that. If the worst thing that happens is that I have some fodder, I can live with that.

What the CRAP is with your signature, Turtle!

WHAT THE WHAT?!

Edited by Mystery Man